Profile for J. Delaney > Reviews

Edible Art: Tricks and Tools for Master Centerpieces
Edible Art: Tricks and Tools for Master Centerpieces
by Narahenapitage Sumith Premalal De Costa

5.0 out of 5 stars Great garnishes and well illustrated, 10 July 2009
Well illustrated with step by step instructions and beautiful garnishes for plate decoration or table centrepieces.

The Art Of Sugarcraft - Basic Skills [DVD]
The Art Of Sugarcraft - Basic Skills [DVD]
Offered by 666 Media

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for an absolute beginner, 10 July 2009
As the other reviewers say, it has a homemade look to the DVD but that is really no problem and it is rather like having a friend show you how to do it. As an absolute beginner I found I learned a lot with sections covering the following techniques -

How to marzipan a cake
Piping
An embroidery pattern
Flooded lettering
Plunger blossoms

It has certainly got me fired up to practice till I'm perfect and I am now looking for another DVD to take me further. This really is excellent value for money and a lot cheaper and easier than doing classes.

Dylon Machine Dye Tulip Red 200 g (Pack of 3)
Dylon Machine Dye Tulip Red 200 g (Pack of 3)
Offered by The Quilted Bear Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweater was great but machine needed a lot of cleaning!, 27 Jun. 2009
The dye was great and my sweater looked fantastic, in fact brand new. I had a feeling that it might look 'dyed' but it looked as though it had been bought in that colour it was so even and perfect.

I would have given it 5 stars were it not for the fact that even after washing the sweater again with washing powder after dying, then running the machine empty with washing powder (as instructed)the rubber seal round the door of the machine was still red with puddles of red water in the folds of the seal. It took 2 more washes (again with washing powder) and a whole roll of paper kitchen towel to get it clean enough to risk putting my white sheets in - and even now I am still worried about doing it!

Garnishing Set - 22 piece.
Garnishing Set - 22 piece.
Offered by Winware

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent garnishing set, 11 Jun. 2009
This garnishing set is excellent and recommended in my garnishing DVD available on Amazon Learn to Garnish [DVD]: Garnishing Lesson 1. The tools are well made, have a comfortable wooden handle and the wooden box keeps them neat and safe as some of the tools are sharp. The set includes various sizes of U cutters and V cutters as well as shaped knives, a melon baller and many more.

Evil Eye
Evil Eye
by Veronica Di Grigoli

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant!, 9 Jun. 2009
This review is from: Evil Eye (Paperback)
This is a really gripping story, so much so that I got no work done for 3 days as I couldn't put it down. It also gives you a wonderful insight into real life in Turkey rather than the side seen by tourists. Highly recommended.

YEOMAN HAND DIBBER
YEOMAN HAND DIBBER
Offered by Online Garden Centre

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't manage without it!, 2 April 2009
This is just about the most useful tool any gardener could have! It is in use all the time and I can't believe what good value it is. The metal end pierces even the hardest ground with ease and the comfortable handle makes the job a breeze.

Draper 75363 345 mm Topiary Shears
Draper 75363 345 mm Topiary Shears

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Shears, 2 April 2009
These are excellent shears. It is the first time that I have used this type and I find them sharp and very easy to use. The quality is very good.

Roulette
Roulette
Offered by Harry's Department Store

2.0 out of 5 stars Very much a kid's toy, 9 Feb. 2009
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Roulette (Toy)
It was probably my fault but I had expected this to be a inexpensive roulette set to have a fun gambling evening with a few friends - but it is very much a kid's toy. The wheel is lightweight cheap plastic, the chips are more like tiddlywinks, the rake is like something from a cracker and the layout cloth is only a bit larger than a dinner mat. Looking again at the photo I should have realised this as it is only fractionally wider than the 10" wheel. Very disappointing - unless you are a 10 year old.

Morphy Richards Café Mattino Filter Coffee Maker 47070
Morphy Richards Café Mattino Filter Coffee Maker 47070

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant!, 9 Feb. 2009
I had 16 people coming for a buffet lunch and I thought I could never cope making coffee for them all in my little caffetiere so I decided to buy this coffee maker. What a brilliant machine! You just put one dessertspoon of coffee in for each cup (it makes anything from 2 - 12 cups) and the right amount of water which is all marked out on the resevoir, then push one button and hey presto in a few minutes (up to 7 for 12-cup amount) you have a jug full of great coffee. Not only that, it keeps it piping hot on the hotplate for 2 hours and then auto turns off as a safety feature but you can just push the button again and it continues to keep it hot. I really wish I had bought ones ages ago as it makes life so much easier and it can even be programmed on its timer to make the coffee at any time you choose so you can wake up to freshly made coffee in the morning!

Ashbury Deluxe 5 String Banjo Bag
Ashbury Deluxe 5 String Banjo Bag

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value, 3 Feb. 2009
This banjo bag is excellent value for money. I didn't want to spend much so when I ordered this I wasn't expecting a lot, but when it arrived I was very pleasantly surprised. It is well padded to protect the instrument, has one large zipped pocket and a smaller divided pocket with a velcro flap, two adjustable shoulder straps as well as a well padded carrying handle. It is perfect for anyone who wants a good banjo bag without spending a fortune.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3