Profile for Themunx > Reviews

Themunx

Orla Kiely Multi Stem Folio Case for iPhone 4
Orla Kiely Multi Stem Folio Case for iPhone 4

1.0 out of 5 stars very badly designed...AVOID AT ALL COSTS, 22 Aug 2013
For a high-cost and trusted-brand phone case this is very poor quality.
- There is no support for the camera, so those 'must take a quick photo' moments are often missed while you struggle to squeeze the phone out of its case.
- The case interferes with the proximity sensor on the phone which means either your cheek starts pressing buttons and ending calls, or when you move the phone from your ear, the screen doesn't return so you can't end the call.
- The holes for the dock connector and volume are misaligned and the leather at the top of the phone repeatedly affects the power button, so we often find the phone turns itself off.
We stuck it out for a few weeks because we love the look of the case, but the problems have become so annoying that we're ditching it and going back to using the 2.99 case I bought last year.

Very disappointed and would never buy this brand again.

Mens White and Grey Osprey Rash Vest Size XL
Mens White and Grey Osprey Rash Vest Size XL

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy and does the job, 3 Jun 2011
I bought this to go under an Osprey full wet suit and it doesn't disappoint. Comfy to wear, especially around the neck and does the job of preventing suit rash perfectly.
Only bad comment is that sand trapped in the fibres shows up on the white fabric, so maybe I'll buy in the darker colours next time

Rainbow Magic - Return To Rainspell Island [DVD] [2010]
Rainbow Magic - Return To Rainspell Island [DVD] [2010]
Price: 5.56

4.0 out of 5 stars have practically had it on loop for weeks, 21 April 2011
The kids would give this 5 stars...i've given it 4 because it's driving me mad now.
We have 3 and 5 year old girls who LOVE this. In the first week, they must have watched it a dozen times.
It's a nice length...not too long that they get bored or haven't the time to watch the whole film in one go.

Eddingtons Egg Poacher, Double, Yellow
Eddingtons Egg Poacher, Double, Yellow
Price: 4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, but wish I bought the silicone ones, 21 April 2011
This does the job 'okay', but not 'great'.
Removing the eggs (for me at least) was a bit tricky. The egg seems to grip a bit due to the perforations at the bottom so it made removing them unscathed a bit tricky. Have tried putting a bit of butter in, but didn't really seem to change anything.
The hooks on the handle wouldn't fit any of our pans because the curved lip at the top of the pan meant that that egg holder was suspended at 45 degrees; we use it by standing it on the bottom of the pan which the instructions say is fine.
For ease of egg extraction, I think the silicone ones would do a better job.

Holy Bible: English Standard Version (ESV)
Holy Bible: English Standard Version (ESV)
by Crossway Bibles
Edition: Imitation Leather
Price: 22.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for travel AND personal study, 20 Nov 2010
I chose this bible for 2 reasons: compact enough for easy travel and the references to help with personal study.
I have not been disappointed at all. The quality of the crossway Bibles is great and the Trutone effect of the cover feels nice in the hand.
Print size is fine.
I'm trying to find a reason to buy another one!