Profile for SMH > Reviews

Content by SMH

SMH "Sarah GeeTee" (East Sussex, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Fox and the Star
The Fox and the Star
by Coralie Bickford-Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Foxy Book!, 21 May 2016
This review is from: The Fox and the Star (Hardcover)
This is a brilliant book: so different and the illustrations so good that I gave it to every member of my family, whether they have children or not, just so they have it for ever. It is outstanding.

Raphycool 32 LED Selfie Ring Light Supplementary Lighting Night or Darkness Selfie Enhancing for Photography with iPhones and Android Smart Phones (Black)
Offered by Ocathnon

5.0 out of 5 stars Good light., 21 May 2016
Really good light for my iPhone. I am a face painter, and I use it to take photos of recently painted faces. It is a better light than the flash on the phone. Very pleased with it.

Mens Mans Small Soft Leather Travel Pouch Man Bag Neck Shoulder Holster Bags RL178M
Offered by 7bags

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice deep bag which will hold passports and travel documents ..., 21 May 2016
Man Bag. I gave this to my husband and he is thrilled. Nice deep bag which will hold passports and travel documents easily, and other pockets to hold cash, etc. Good soft leather, and with a leather strap: many others do not have leather straps, which spoils their look I think. This is a really good bag - and it was half price when I bought it, which made it even better!

The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good read, 6 Nov. 2015
Brilliant book, very well written and engaged my attention throughout.

Brush Shaper Brush Restoration-2 ounce jar
Brush Shaper Brush Restoration-2 ounce jar
Offered by supermart USA

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good product, 6 Nov. 2015
This is marvellous stuff and does just what it says on the jar: it keeps face painting brushes in excellent shape

Go Set a Watchman
Go Set a Watchman

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 6 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Go Set a Watchman (Kindle Edition)
I should have read this 50 years ago, and wish I had

Dorr LensPen Peeps Eyeglass and Filter Cleaner - Pink
Dorr LensPen Peeps Eyeglass and Filter Cleaner - Pink
Offered by CameraKing - UK Registered Company. VAT receipt included

4.0 out of 5 stars Got fobbed off with old stock., 6 Nov. 2015
I bought these as Christmas gifts for my family, but I think I got "fobbed off" with old stock. I had expected (and received from another company) LensPen Peeps cleaners with a pointed edge to get into the corners of eyeglasses. What I got from this company was circular cleaners, which I am sure is the older, or original, version. I should probably have sent them back, but since I had bought 8 of them, and they do work very well, I did not bother. But I shall not buy again from this company and I would suggest that you clarify which shape you will be receiving before you place an order, as the pointed edge cleaners do in fact work much better.

Epson Expression Home XP-432 All-in-One Inkjet Printer
Epson Expression Home XP-432 All-in-One Inkjet Printer

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin!, 3 Oct. 2015
Have not used it a lot, but seems to do just what it is supposed to do.

The Real Meal Revolution: The Radical, Sustainable Approach to Healthy Eating
The Real Meal Revolution: The Radical, Sustainable Approach to Healthy Eating
by Professor Tim Noakes

5.0 out of 5 stars Sceptical at first, glad I overcame it!, 22 Aug. 2015
Initially I bought this with some degree of scepticism: however, the introductory pages set out the case for Prof. Tim Noakes' theory clearly and well. I decided to give it a try and follow the advice given, particularly as there is backup in the form of a nutritionalist and a chef, which all help. I have had absolutely no problem in giving up all carbs and sugar. I feel better, less bloated after eating - although I am eating just as much, just differently - and I have shed 5 pounds over a period of 3 weeks, which is a good rate to loose weight. I recommend this book

How to lead a happier, healthier, and alcohol-free life: The Rise of the Soberista: 5 (Addiction Recovery series)
by Lucy Rocca

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I expected, 6 July 2015
I was disappointed by the content of the book, which I felt did not match up to the "blurb" on the back. Ms Rocca gives far more detail than I felt was necessary about her own addiction (the greater part of the book) and not as much information about how to actually come to grips with the problem. It was, however a step on the way, and even small steps are useful.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6