Profile for V. Coppin > Reviews

Content by V. Coppin

V. Coppin "tigergirl_uk" (Oxford, UK)

Family Guy - Season 3 [DVD] [1999]
Family Guy - Season 3 [DVD] [1999]
Dvd ~ Seth MacFarlane
Offered by MusicnMedia

5.0 out of 5 stars Lucky there's a Family Guy, 12 Dec. 2003
I have to admit, after my borderline obsession with the first two seasons of this classic animated comedy (you may argue 'classic', but in my eyes, this will definitely be one), I couldn't really see how a third season could follow suit.
However, I was to be blown over by how much more it had matured (in an immature way of course!) as a comedy.
It has an incredible number of episodes on there, all as strong as each other. You never feel you want to skip episodes on this DVD either, as I find I often do with other seasons of comedy.
It is far riskier than the other 2 seasons and I feel it would be amazingly popular if they aired it on Channel 4 instead of South Park.
The package as a whole is great - you have three disks which come, for the first time, in a box. It may seem a shame there were no special features or limited edition box set gimmicks, but the comedy itself makes up for all of that and truly makes you realise it doesn't need all the frills to make it what it is.
My only sadness is that more people will start latching on to Family Guy as it is all too late, with no more seasons being made. That in itself is a fantastic excuse to buy this DVD box set - it's side splittingly funny, inexpensive and most importantly really great to share with people that have never even heard of it before. So far, a friend of mine has created 22 new Family Guy fans. I am just one of them.