Profile for K9 Sal > Reviews

Content by K9 Sal

K9 Sal

Kindle, 6" Glare-Free Touchscreen Display, Wi-Fi (Black) - Includes Special Offers (Previous generation - 7th)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my kindle, 8 April 2016
Love my kindle. I read 2-3 books per week and I've had a kindle keyboard for many years which unfortunately suddenly died. Was bought this as a replacement. I don't read in the dark and have a tablet for Internet etc so just wanted a basic kindle to read. Love the glare free screen just as my previous model, but like the ease of navigation with this touch screen, and like the sleep/wake function with the cover. Hope this sees me through a good few years like the last one.

Garmin Vivofit Wireless Fitness Wrist Band and Activity Tracker - Black
Garmin Vivofit Wireless Fitness Wrist Band and Activity Tracker - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my vivofit!, 8 April 2014
Despite being fairly active - jogging 3/4 times a week, cycling and dog walking - I have a fairly sedentary desk job, a love of food, and have also the cursed inherited 'fat' gene, so have always struggled to loose weight and maintain a healthy weight. I was very interested in the vivofit as a visual tool to work as a constant reminder of exactly what energy I am using in comparison to what I am taking in.
I have found it excellent so far. I can't compare to any other brands as I haven't owned any others, but after reading many reviews I opted for this one with the always on screen as I felt it was the best for my use.
I have been using the vivofit to track my daily activity levels and give me an idea of my calorie burn, and have been using it in conjunction with the my fitness pal app to record my calorie intake in the hope of maintaining a deficit to shift the stubborn pounds. So far so good! The fact that the display is always on and reminding me exactly how little or much I am doing definitely makes me think if I can justify going into the tuck box today! I like the fact it is waterproof and has a long battery life so it can be worn constantly without worry. During the day I just wear it on the time screen and it just looks like a funky watch. I do leave mine on at night but can honestly say I have never missed it having a backlight.
I also find it very interesting to see how much difference it makes on a jogging and non jogging day.
The website doesn't appear to do loads as of yet, but my purpose for using this was to help me maintain a healthy weight and lifestyle, and for me it works great.
One thing I would say - I bought a purple band as it is my favourite colour - but it has very quickly ended up looking grubby and does not clean easily, so I would say grey or black is maybe a better option in the long run.

SAMAR® - Supreme Quality New iPhone SE / 5 / 5S / 5C Matte Anti Glare Screen Protectors (Released 2013-2016) 6 in Pack - Includes Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
Offered by Wave the Products

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for the price., 23 Feb. 2014
Great price for 5 protectors in the pack and seem good quality and don't affect the sensitivity of the touch screen. Easy enough to apply without bubbles on the main part of the screen.
Just a couple of drawbacks - every one I have applied from my pack has a rough spot on the bottom edge and around the camera lens where they have been cut out, and it is impossible to stop them lifting slightly at these points and ending up with an air bubble. You can smooth it out, but it just comes right back!
2nd drawback is I ordered the Matt finish as it said it didn't show fingerprints, which it doesn't, but within a couple of days use the protectors start to appear cloudy and slightly scratched on the areas of most use, ie the unlock swipe. Not a major problem with 5 in the pack, but would have expected them to last slightly longer before replacing.

Autism; Beyond Despair - CEASE Therapy
Autism; Beyond Despair - CEASE Therapy

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting reading, 20 Mar. 2013
Amazing to read the theory behind his work and to have the case studies from both his view and the parents showing the improvement and even full cures for these children. A must read for anyone affected by autism in any way.
This treatment must certainly be worth a try.