Profile for Lee Haywood > Reviews

Content by Lee Haywood

Lee Haywood (Nottingham, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Bluetooth Portable Travel Mini Speaker, Wireless & Rechargeable with HD Sound - Verb Free by Majority (Black)
Offered by iZilla

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cute design, 16 Feb. 2015
I bought a couple of different Bluetooth speakers, giving me the chance to compare. The Majority Verb is easily the best looking, and packs a really good sound despite being smaller than I had imagined from the picture. It works just as well closed as opened, and it's nice that the volume/track/pause control is easily located rather than being flush with the body. Definitely recommended.

Logitech Wireless Desktop MK270 - UK layout
Logitech Wireless Desktop MK270 - UK layout

5.0 out of 5 stars I have no idea how I could possibly tell if ..., 26 Jan. 2015
I have no idea how I could possibly tell if the wireless data is truly encrypted, and I've yet to use up the first set of batteries. The on/off switch on the keyboard takes some getting used to. The light under the mouse is invisible to the eye, which makes the laser warning somewhat concerning. The keyboard and mouse are very responsive and work flawlessly with Ubuntu Linux.

What If: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions
What If: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions
by Randall Munroe

5.0 out of 5 stars overall the humour is brilliant and the book is highly recommended, 26 Jan. 2015
Some of the questions aren't as interesting as others, and although Randall has made some effort to address the UK market there are far too many US-centric questions included. That said, overall the humour is brilliant and the book is highly recommended.

Genuine Motorola 3 Pin Mains Charger with Genuine Motorola Micro USB Data/ Charge Cable for Motorola Defy & Atrix
Offered by Kudos Deals

4.0 out of 5 stars The Blackberry cables are disappointing, as noted by other ..., 26 Jan. 2015
The Blackberry cables are disappointing, as noted by other reviewers, but this makes no difference to the operation and the chargers work well.

Oven Timer And Cooking Thermometer, Dual Display with Alarm & Detachable Probe
Oven Timer And Cooking Thermometer, Dual Display with Alarm & Detachable Probe
Offered by ETI Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars the temperature display is very responsive and gave me a good idea of how fast my oven pre-heats and the ..., 26 Jan. 2015
There's nothing in the instructions about the cover on the end of the probe, which melted and stuck the first time I put it in my new oven. That said, the temperature display is very responsive and gave me a good idea of how fast my oven pre-heats and the mismatch between the expected and actual temperature.

The Thirteenth Floor [Blu-ray] [1999] [US Import]
The Thirteenth Floor [Blu-ray] [1999] [US Import]
Dvd ~ Craig Bierko

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 Jan. 2015
It's great to re-watch this after all these years in such high quality.

Manga Shakespeare: Romeo and Juliet
Manga Shakespeare: Romeo and Juliet
by Sonia Leong

3.0 out of 5 stars so I was a bit disappointed to discover that the drawings are all black and ..., 26 Jan. 2015
I bought this as a present, so I was a bit disappointed to discover that the drawings are all black and white. The idea is great, however.

Best Laid Plans [Blu-ray] [1999] [US Import]
Best Laid Plans [Blu-ray] [1999] [US Import]
Dvd ~ Josh Brolin
Offered by supermart_usa

4.0 out of 5 stars The film is great but I failed to notice that this is region ..., 26 Jan. 2015
The film is great but I failed to notice that this is region 1 only, and Amazon didn't give me any sort of warning, so I've been completely unable to watch it despite having paid for the blu-ray disc.

Topcom Baby Bath Thermometer
Topcom Baby Bath Thermometer

4.0 out of 5 stars I like the way that it detects that it is in ..., 26 Jan. 2015
I like the way that it detects that it is in water immediately. I bought it for my own use as an adult, and although it is clearly designed for babies I do find that the incessant beeping at temperatures over 40 degrees makes it unsuitable for me. You really do have to stir the water with your hands to get the thermometer to detect the actual temperature, and in the process you can estimate the temperature yourself. As another reviewer stated, it would be nice to have an on/off switch.

Papphocker "Leseratte"
Papphocker "Leseratte"

4.0 out of 5 stars This stool made a great present, although having tried sitting on it myself ..., 26 Jan. 2015
This stool made a great present, although having tried sitting on it myself I found the inner support - which is just a couple of pieces of cardboard - was sufficient but only just so. I doubt it would take too much weight.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4