Profile for Bogi > Reviews

Content by Bogi

Bogi (Leeds, UK)

Canon EOS 1100D Digital SLR Camera (With 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6 DC III Lens Kit)
Canon EOS 1100D Digital SLR Camera (With 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6 DC III Lens Kit)
Price: 249.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing first DSLR camera, 11 Jun 2013
This was the first DSLR I bought, without any professional advice or even looking at different cameras in a shop. I just used common sense and advice from friends.

I am extremely happy with this camera, it has so many different functions and settings that I am yet to discover them all.

The record function is really great, which was important to me as this was chiefly what I bought it for.

I am also really happy with the quality and resolution of photographs that can be taken on this camera.

Finally it's a fairly lightweight model but also sturdy so no fear of it breaking every time I put it down.

New Camera Case Bag DF for Canon DSLR Rebel T1i T2i T3i T3 XSi EOS 1100D 600D 5D By Sanlise

4.0 out of 5 stars Roomy, 11 Jun 2013
Was a bit surprised at the size of the bag but I guess if I had bothered to look at the measurements I would have known!

It's fairly big and roomy, perfect if you have lots of different lenses or accessories etc.

It was a bit big when I had only my camera body and lens in it, but it's well padded so no fear of scratching or breaking the camera.

Also has lots of handy pockets on the sides for smaller accessories like screen wipes etc.

Pixel RC-201/E3 Shutter Cable Release with E3 Type Remote Terminal for Canon DSLR
Price: 8.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 11 Jun 2013
I think with an item like this it really does depend on how much you want to pay, and the level of technicality you need.
I for one only needed a basic autofocus and shutter function, both of which this remote performs.
No qualms - the product is just as I expected and sufficient to my needs.

I only wish the button would also work for recording film too - but I guess you would need to pay a bit more for that!

Camera: Canon EOS 1100D

The Chapel in the Woods
The Chapel in the Woods
Price: 2.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant novel, 22 Aug 2012
I absolutely loved this book. From beginning to end I was enraptured in the story, my brain working only a few pages ahead of the story to try and figure out the connections!

Right from the start the links between the three stories are there, it took me 2/3 of the book to finally figure them out, but then all of a sudden the story just clicked! From then on the three stories intertwined to make one beautiful plot all revolving around one little French village.

The plot is cleverly crafted, but really it's the characters that make the story. By the end you feel as if they are old friends. You find yourself really empathizing with the good but unfortunate, and hating the bad.

I also loved the setting seeing as the author herself has lived there, and at the time of reading I too was living in France, so I picked up on little nuances of French life (Pastis, fresh baguettes from the bakery every day) that I could really relate to and enhanced my imagination.

All in all, a wonderful and thoroughly enjoyable read!