Profile for D. P. French > Reviews

Content by D. P. French

D. P. French "David P French" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Prodigal God: Recovering the Heart of the Christian Faith
The Prodigal God: Recovering the Heart of the Christian Faith
by Timothy Keller

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking for the Inner Pharisee, 23 Sept. 2014
Keller is one of the most lucid, contemporary and easily read theologically sound writers of our age. He makes a clear case for bringing back the elder brother into the parable we call the "Prodigal Son" and shows convincingly why we have tended to miss the main point that the Lord intended to make: the one about the elder brother's issues.

PowerGen Power-U Dual USB 2.4A 12W (fast) Heavy Duty Ouput Car Charger for Apple iPad 2, New iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini, iPhone 5 iPhone 4 4s 3Gs 3G, iPod Touch and Android Devices (cable NOT included) - White
Offered by E-TRADING24 LTD

3.0 out of 5 stars Works but not perfectly, 23 Sept. 2014
Product came with instructions as to which of inputs marked "A" and "S" to use for charging i-phone. Believe it said "A" but "A" did nothing. Fortunately "S" worked fine. Charges a little more slowly than I would like, and in my car I have to make sure that the charger is slanted forwards in order for it to light up and work. So overall, satisfactory, but not great.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 23, 2014 6:16 PM BST

Four Way Timer & Clock
Four Way Timer & Clock

4.0 out of 5 stars Functional and well sized, 30 April 2014
This review is from: Four Way Timer & Clock
The 4 clocks are immensely useful. One does have to tap the keys in a perfect order to avoid resetting the timers, but then the timers are very easy to set. Makes a fairly loud bleep without being obnoxious. I tend to set T3 to 3 mins and T4 to 4 mins etc

Plastic Cake Dome & Metal Plate - 30cm Cake Dome & Plate, Cake Cover, Cake Display
Offered by One Click Wonder

5.0 out of 5 stars Affordable, sturdy and looks good, 30 April 2014
I hav been using this for 6 months or more and am very happy with the way that it displays cakes; maintains its clear visibility and is easy to clean up. It's also sturdy compared to some domes that easily break, and the tray is well constructed too.

Earpads Replacement for headset, Compatible with Sony MDR-7506, MDR-V6, MDR-CD900ST, etc. (Packaged 1 pair (2 pieces)) Type 18
Offered by KKINTRADE

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound for a medium price, 30 April 2014
I wasn't willing to spend a fortune on headphones for sound monitoring on a PA. These were near the top end of my budget and I read as many reviews as I could before buying them. They have not disappointed me. They produce a clear sound with distinct properties that make filtering out/ minimising unwanted sounds and maxing what's best easy to do.

Ex-Pro® Professional Quality Gold Plated STEREO Audio Adaptor 6.35mm (1/4 INCH) Jack Socket to 3.5mm Jack Plug - for Headphones
Offered by Sivitec_Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars No sound breaks, 30 April 2014
These produce quality connection consistently and over time. I bought 3 and have been delighted with their performance. I have used many others that require frequent adjustment and lose the connection for no apparent reason, but not theses. These are premier league.

SanDisk SDSDQM-032G-B35 32 GB Class 4 MicroSDHC Memory Card (Label May Change)
SanDisk SDSDQM-032G-B35 32 GB Class 4 MicroSDHC Memory Card (Label May Change)

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Memory that's so small, 30 April 2014
I use this in my presenter pointer / powerpoint control device. It can hold the files I am presenting locally so that I can travel without my laptop and use someone else's if I wish. I'm used to running out of space but 32GB is a ton of space for non-video files and I have need got close.

Kenwood CO600 3-in-1 Can Opener with Knife Sharpener and Bottle Opener - 40 Watt
Offered by K.K. Electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Make opening cans fun again, 30 April 2014
It can sometimes be tricky to get a can started, and it may be best to remove any paper labels first, but this baby once started just takes that lid off and holds it on the magnet whilst the can is held firmly for you to remove. It's a great time saver.

AMOS Digital Timer Plug Switch 12 / 24 Hour 7 Day Socket Programmable Mains LCD Display UK 3 Pin Wall Plug In Electronic AM / PM 12hr / 24hr Time Clock Energy Saver Power Controller Home Security (1 Pack)
Offered by UK Home & Garden Store Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to set up and it works, 30 April 2014
I hardly spent much time on the instructions, but recall that it needed an initial charge up of several hours. It has worked dependably since then and when I have needed to make changes for summer / winter light levels it has been easy to do. There is always a manual override for one off use too.

Welcome Chime Door Bell Motion Sensor Wireless Alarm
Welcome Chime Door Bell Motion Sensor Wireless Alarm
Offered by Tcity

3.0 out of 5 stars Speak Chinese?, 30 April 2014
It works reasonably well on my back door to detect entry. There it is away from other lights. I bought two and one speaks only Chinese! The one at the front seems to be jinxed by the ambient lighting levels and no matter where i move it, it either fails to operate or detects everything to about 20 feet away so that it is so annoying that I turned it off. As it's cheap it may be worth trying to see if it works for you.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4