Profile for F. Welsh > Reviews

Content by F. Welsh

F. Welsh "I have too many cds" (Cheshire)

Page: 1 | 2
Brooks Men's Adrenaline GTS 14 Wide Running Shoes 1101582E177 White/Electric/Silver 9.5 UK, 44.5 EU, 10.5 US Wide

1.0 out of 5 stars Why is the new shoe so long., 1 May 2014
I have gone through 3 pairs of gts 13 2E (wide) size 9.5 in the last year or so running marathons.
So how silly to assume the gts14 2E (wide) size 9.5 would be exactly the same fit.
It's not is almost an inch longer.
Yes almost an inch.
Why?
Grrrr!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 28, 2014 12:12 PM BST

Lovesick Blues: The Life of Hank Williams
Lovesick Blues: The Life of Hank Williams
by Paul Hemphill

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, 17 April 2014
I really liked this. It was unputdownable. Written brilliantly albeit quirkily for a biography.
Made me want to download the mother's best recordings.

Belkin In Car Tunecast Auto Live FM Transmitter Charge and Play for iPhone 4 and 4s
Offered by BESTBUYIT

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok. At best., 17 April 2014
Well it just about met my expectations. Certainly did not exceed them.
I expected it would be a bit rubbish and it is.
At best it's like listening to an old crackly record but before that gets too annoying it usually loses the signal anyway and has to be retuned...before you get to the end of a song.
Frustrating and useless.
Packaging was nice though. I suppose
(i'm not in London incidentally!)

Drums For Dummies (2Nd Edition)
Drums For Dummies (2Nd Edition)
by Jeff Strong

1.0 out of 5 stars Drums by Dummies more like., 19 Jan 2010
This is without a doubt the most annoying book ever.
OK so I bought a drum kit and as a beginner I thought this was the book for me. Wrong.
1/3 is a bout hand drums. Not interesting.
The rest of the book is just obvious statements repeated over and over and over and over, with the occasional contradiction thrown in just to super annoy you. For example We are told the best place to buy drums is a drum shop and that they can sometimes have a big selection. NO? REALLY? Then we are informed on p301 that some drum-sets may include a bass drum pedal, then in the next sentence, still on p301, that a bass drum pedal is not included in a drum-set. However on p302 we are informed that sometimes a bass drum pedal is not included, then again on p302 that a bass drum pedal will need to be purchased separately. Then finally on p302 he announces that even if your drum-set does come with a bass drum pedal you should check out others to see if you like one of them better.
ARGH!!!!!!
What a terribly written book. It is full of constant repetition and is quite boring and dull.
There are 2 pages of exercises to get your limbs working independently that are quite good. The rest is just rubbish.
361 pages of drivel written by a guy who was obviously paid per word and no one proof read what he was writing.
Buy something else that will teach you something.

Le Toy Van London Car Set
Le Toy Van London Car Set

3.0 out of 5 stars great but...., 16 Dec 2009
This review is from: Le Toy Van London Car Set (Toy)
My brothers kids had some of these a few years ago and they still look great today, sadly the paint job these days is rubbish. Very very poor indeed. My boy loves these, they are great...but like other wooden toy cars I have bought for him recently I would say that I expect for that money a much, much better paint job. Its just not good enough and I would not pay that price for that product again.

Modern Toss: Series 1 [DVD]
Modern Toss: Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Modern Toss
Offered by Jasuli

4.0 out of 5 stars BIN PETITION!, 16 Jun 2009
This review is from: Modern Toss: Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Agree with most reviewers. Watch it one episode at a time. Watching it all in one sitting you will find it most annoying.
It is very very funny. I got this 18 months ago and every now and then when the brain shuts down, like in traffic jams or on a train, something will pop in to my head like Barney and his bin petition and I am laughing like a crazy tiger.
Very very funny.

One Nite Alone....Live! [Us Import]
One Nite Alone....Live! [Us Import]

2.0 out of 5 stars It's not that great actually, 2 April 2009
Yo. I bought this at one of the 02 gigs. They had hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of 'em. £25 it cost. So don't be fooled, it's as rare as an overweight American.
Truth is it's not very good. 3 discs that I doubt you will listen to a second time.
He does that annoying thing of doing like a medley of bits of 3 or 4 songs in 1. Very annoying. 8 tracks clock in at under 2 minutes as he just plays bits of songs, several of these are under a minute.
Trust me save your cash its not worth £60. If you were at 02 then this is inferior, if you weren't at 02 this will never let you know what you missed.
If you want to spent some money on Prince get Crystal Ball don't buy this it is a huge let down.
I am one of those obsessive Prince fans by the way.
Hope that helps

Joseph Joseph Index Colour Coded Chopping Board Set
Joseph Joseph Index Colour Coded Chopping Board Set
Offered by MMP Living

1.0 out of 5 stars triumph of style over practicality, 23 Nov 2008
After only one use these looked as bad as the 5 years old ones I threw away and replaced these with.
Very poor product, looks nice though.

Hey Ma
Hey Ma

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST OF JAMES you havn't heard yet., 11 April 2008
This review is from: Hey Ma (Audio CD)
What a joy. Delighted to say this is a great album.

James are old school. They are a singles band trapped in a landscape where no-one buys singles anymore. All but 2 of these tracks could stand up to the single test, if only you could turn the clock back 10 or more years to when the charts meant something.
In the abscence of this market they make great songs that you just want to hear live. I would love to hear each song live, in a Wembley Arena size venue. That's what James do now. Songs that fill a huge space.

Sure they never got over the fact that U2 made Joshua Tree before they did but this album is better than Joshua Tree.

There are a few cheesy lyrics that remind me of some cheesy lyrics from the Whiplash album, but is that a bad thing? You could also argue that it is "too" produced.

The best band around making the best music I have heard in ages.

JAMES SUCK. Long live JAMES.

Set The Twilight Reeling
Set The Twilight Reeling

5.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps the best Lou album, 28 Dec 2007
I have always loved this cd, finally I own some decent speakers and listened to it again today with fresh ears, it's beauty is deft.
Sure some of the playing is flawed, mistakes here and there, the unforgiving electronic drum kit; but that's what makes it perfect, its like a jam where they are all in the groove and time stops and the music takes over. Other 'artists' may have done overdubs or retakes to get it right but not Lou. Some songs seem to finish on the wrong note or chord but it feels right.
The lyrics are up there with the best of Lou, bitter and funny.
You may agree that some of his cds are patchy and some are great, this is great.
I just feel like i'm sat in the corner of the room and there is this great rehearsal going on and I am lucky to have witnessed it, that's how I feel everytime I put this on.

Lucky.