Profile for S. Pentney > Reviews

Content by S. Pentney

S. Pentney "The Scribe" (The English Riviera)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
AMP Siege
AMP Siege
Price: 2.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Woof woof!! Another cracking book to follow the previous cracking book. Give them a go!!, 28 Aug 2014
This review is from: AMP Siege (Kindle Edition)
Woof woof. Another jolly good read to follow on from book 5. Sensible really to have book 6 follow book 5. It is once again full of action, the bad guys being clobbered while the heroes get stuck in one problem after another. It is a cracking read and I can thoughtfully recommend this book and the series to one and all. So, if you come from a privileged background, private schools, university at the right one, you too can enjoy this top class story. Go on, give it a bash as my Latin tutor once said holding the ball woof woof!!

AMP Rebellion
AMP Rebellion
Price: 2.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Woof woof, cracking read. Remember to breathe as you get involved in the action., 26 Aug 2014
This review is from: AMP Rebellion (Kindle Edition)
Woof woof. Part four is excellent with plots, twists and action. Characters grow on you as they battle to save humanity. I have given good reviews on all the previous books and still recommend this series to anyone who likes a good story and yet doesn't mind occasional lapses in the physics we currently understand. Give it a go. Woof woof.

AMP Blitzkrieg
AMP Blitzkrieg
Price: 2.42

4.0 out of 5 stars Woof woof, a cracking story with lots of action. A jolly good read., 24 Aug 2014
This review is from: AMP Blitzkrieg (Kindle Edition)
Woof Woof. Another good book in the series which rollicks along with lots of action and solid characters. If you want a story which extols the finest theories in physics with a gut wrenching determination to be correct, then this is not for you. However, if you want a story to clatter along with twists and turns, buckets of action then this is a good choice. It's definitely worth two woof and a run around the lounge chasing my tail! What more needs be said. Woof Woof.

Retreat Hell (The Empire's Corps Book 8)
Retreat Hell (The Empire's Corps Book 8)
Price: 2.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Three woofs on the aardvark fanciers guide. A real hum dinger with a real kick in the teeth at the end., 19 Aug 2014
Woof Woof. Another strong story continuing the saga across light years. Even as you read, you want to run outside and savage a cuddly toy. It is engrossing and the last few pages give you a kick in the teeth so unexpected your faith in humanity stalls. Can it get much worse? Can I stand reading it? Only time will tell. Even if I never shed this white coat, even if I have to have canine psychologists picking over my dog biscuits for the rest of my life, I fear I will not be able to refuse book nine. Go on, shatter your mental health and read this saga. A definite continuance of three woofs on the aardvark fanciers guide. Woof woof!!

Reality Check (The Empire's Corps Book 7)
Reality Check (The Empire's Corps Book 7)
Price: 2.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Three woof on the hypersonic trans highway scale. Another good read from this author. Have a go. Woof Woof!, 16 Aug 2014
Mon dieu woof. The last episode of Poirot followed by this, book seven in the series. Again a masterpiece of writing with characters of substance and a story that plumbs the depths of the human condition. Well written as usual, it grips you like a mad ferret and will not let you go. Many a time, overcome by the story I had to go outside and bark at passers-by. Few of the characters would be invited to tea and many would be bitten most severely. A definite three woofs on the hypersonic trans highway scale. Not a book to read to nervous ferrets but if you have the tranquillisers most strong then, Bon read away and enjoy. Woof woof!!

To The Shores ... (The Empire's Corps Book 6)
To The Shores ... (The Empire's Corps Book 6)
Price: 2.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Three woofs on the revised helical scale. Make sure you have a cuddly toy handy when you read this., 15 Aug 2014
Woof, oh gosh. Just finished book six. Read part to my attack ferret but, despite years of training and having completed many a hazardous mission up trouser legs, he had a bit of a breakdown. I am told he will spend years in psychotherapy. I might be joining him. The book, ah yes, the book. Hard, well written, characters to loath, love, hate and everything between. It carries the story ever onward as humans show all the very worst qualities and then some. Some of these could be based on politician, dentists, lawyers. It is thoroughly sickening and you end up hoping the good guys win. Will they? I'll have to find out I suppose. For now, three woofs on the new revised helical scale. I'm going to take a bag of doggy biscuits and eat them on my masters bed. Woof woof.

The Outcast (The Empire's Corps Book 5)
The Outcast (The Empire's Corps Book 5)
Price: 2.45

5.0 out of 5 stars A definite three woofs on the interstellar scale. Read and be entertained!!, 14 Aug 2014
Book 5 in the series. Excellent work, well written and thoroughly engrossing. The author has a fine grasp of human nature such that you could imagine this actually being real. If you would like a book to entertain and grab your attention, this it it. A fine continuation to those already read. I reckon this to be worth three woofs on the interstellar woof scale. Give it a bash. Woof woof.

Semper Fi (The Empire's Corps Book 4)
Semper Fi (The Empire's Corps Book 4)
Price: 2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Woof, woof,woof. Not for the faint of heart this one. Terrific read., 11 Aug 2014
I have just finished this book. Unlike many Sci-fi stories, this book seams to pull no punches when it comes to the long list of human weaknesses. Indeed, the plot is such I can see it taking place for real considering the types of governments in power across the world, or I should say, the types of men in power. It is clear through our history that humans have only really excelled when killing each other or deceiving, lying and cheating. If you want a fairy story, go elsewhere but if you want a well written book with depth and all the nasty stuff of life, then this is a series for you. It is a definite three woof story as well as making me see the pet psychologist at my local NHS hospital and Berger bar. For the remainder of the evening I shall hide behind the sofa and plan how to overthrow kitty's hold on the best seats in the house. Woof woof!!

AMP Colossus
AMP Colossus
Price: 2.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Woof Woof. Terrific stuff. Go on, enjoy a good read., 23 July 2014
This review is from: AMP Colossus (Kindle Edition)
Woof Woof! I have now completed all five books for the second time and enjoyed them all again. We are talking a story that rowlocks along with terrific characters and tons of action. It took many minutes of charging around the house chasing cat (in a properly controlled environment and with expert medical help available. For me that is. That cat is lethal.) then, just for fun I hewed my masters favourite slippers. But, the end of the series! I was loading my attack ferret, Dingle, into an approved container with instructions to run up the authors trouser leg, teeth bared, allowing time for said author to read my note and agree to write the next. But, he already did!!! Dingle is off on holiday now while I read book six. The fun never stops. Go on give the series a read and enjoy yourself. Woof, Woof!!!

AMP Private War
AMP Private War

4.0 out of 5 stars Woof Woof! Cracking book. Give it a go., 21 July 2014
This review is from: AMP Private War (Kindle Edition)
Woof woof! I have just finished book two. Like book one, the story gallops along with characters still crisp and understandable. The author doesn't bog down with the finer details of the local star or the deep physics behind some aspect of the ship drive system. I rate this as a definite Woof Woof on my independently researched scale of woofs. Indeed, a five minute run round the lounge chasing my tail was definitely in order. A minor point. I haven't found many gaffs which indicate that the author has spent the time proofing the material before publishing. To the author, thank you! I wish more would do so. Have a read and enjoy. Woof Woof!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6