Profile for cynthia > Reviews

Content by cynthia

cynthia "cynthia" (UK)

A Clash of Kings (Game of Thrones)
A Clash of Kings (Game of Thrones)
by George R. R. Martin
Edition: Audio CD
Price: 40.49

4.0 out of 5 stars A Clash of Kings, G.R.R. Martin, 29 Dec 2012
The narrator, Roy Doctrice has a good quality to his voice. The spoken word CD is as exciting as the actual book so I am told but better for me as a dyslexic. Would have like the other books to have been sold separately (not at present. They appear to be only on sale as a complete set after this second book).

Eat, Taste, Heal: An Ayurevdic Cookbook for Modern Living
Eat, Taste, Heal: An Ayurevdic Cookbook for Modern Living
by Thomas Yarema
Price: 17.47

4.0 out of 5 stars New to Ayurvedic cooking, 12 April 2010
I came to Ayurvedia through acquaintances but mainly because my son has Crohn's disease. He had reacted badly to conventional medicines:- steroids (budesonide) and immunosuppressants (azathioprine). This book is certainly a good introduction to cooking the ayurvedic way indeed Ayurvedia itself. It devotes approx. 150 pages at the beginning to the concepts of Ayurvedia, preparing & storing, food as medicine and more and with every following recipe explains how it can be varied to suit pitta, vata, kapha. I would have preferred more recipes but am grateful for quite full information on the philosophy. I feel one must be a very keen cook (as I am)and devote a good deal of time to following the guidelines/recipes. I found the basics ie. how to make Ghee, making up seasoning, stock, pastry extremely useful but their recipe for homemade yoghurt has not worked so far. As I am at the beginning of the road of discovery, I cannot tell yet whether the Ayurvedic diet will help my son - I would need at least 6 months of adhering strictly to his particular diet.