Profile for Lars Dalman > Reviews

Content by Lars Dalman

Lars Dalman "Lars-Henrik" (Sweden)

Girl With A Pearl Earring [2004] [DVD]
Girl With A Pearl Earring [2004] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Scarlett Johansson
Offered by Discs4all

5.0 out of 5 stars Gritting with Grit, 28 April 2014
Although I had previously watched this story of the girl Grit and her employment in the Vermeer houslhold on television several times, when the DVD was on sale from Amazon I knew I had to include it into my collection of film masterpieces. The sombre, held back atmosphere, the quality of the shooting and the action is awsome.

Norman Rockwell Calendar 2014
Norman Rockwell Calendar 2014
by Norman Rockwell
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Norman Rockwell - My American Icon, 22 Jan 2014
In 1940, when I was 15, I started learning English at my school in Gothenburg, Sweden. My father thought he should contribute to my education by putting an English book into my hands, "Tarzan the Son of the Apes" written by Edgar Rice Burroughs. His choice was excellent as although I had to look up every other word in a dictionary, I couldn't let go of the book. It was such exciting reading!
At the same time I started casting my eyes on a real treasure my father had stored up in the attick - years of copies of "The Saturday Evening Post"! He had subscribed to the "Post" for many years and I used to look at the wonderful covers of the SEP and there of course Norman Rockwell was at the forefront. I believe his covers have given me an insight in the positive aspects of American every day life that I probably couldn't have gotten any other way. So, anything positive for America started for me through the Norman Rockwell covers of the SEP. To have his paintings on the wall calendar for every day enjoyment is for me a gift from heaven.

Theratears Gel 24 x 0.6ml Genuine UK Product
Theratears Gel 24 x 0.6ml Genuine UK Product
Offered by Matheson Optometrists

5.0 out of 5 stars Tears in my Heart, 7 Nov 2013
Of joy I might add!
In my old age, I have some severe discomfort from dry eyes, especially after having watched the TV for a spell, or after a session with my Kindle Ordinary eye moisturizers are O.K. but opnly for a short while, whereas the Theratears Gel keeps me in comfort for much longer intervals. I suppose this is because of the inherent lubrication additive. Pre Theratears my sleep at night was often interrupted as a result of my eyelids having been glued to my eyes, causing pain and irritaion. Now my sleep might be interrupted but mostly for other reasens than sore eyes.

Philips RQ1095 Arcitec Rechargeable Rotary Shaver
Philips RQ1095 Arcitec Rechargeable Rotary Shaver

5.0 out of 5 stars Shaving made enjoyable, 25 Sep 2010
I have used Phili-shavers since the early fifties and for a good reason. They have such a smooth action, are friendly to your skin and they rest in your hand as if moulded into it. I thought that my last Phili-shaver was the peek of Philips' ingenuity but the Philips RQ1095 tops them all! Not only the supersmooth action but the accessibility to difficult areas, such as around your nose due to the delicate size of shear-heads makes this shaver a joy to use.
I also appreciate the easy and quick cleaning facility that comes with the shaver. A bonus advantage of this shaver is also the silent and soft humming of the shear-heads. All in all,
I wonder how anything as pleasant as this product could ever be improved upon!
Lars Dalman, Stenungsund, Sweden