Profile for Tom > Reviews

T-Cut Colour Fast Scratch Remover 150gm - Silver
T-Cut Colour Fast Scratch Remover 150gm - Silver
Price: 5.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Removed scuffs and black marks completely!, 23 Nov 2013
This really works. I used it on my silver Lexus and it completely removed all the scuffs and discolouration from scratches. A rather deeper scratch remained, albeit considerably less visible. I would recommend this product, the car is in a much better condition now.

Rachmaninov Vespers
Rachmaninov Vespers

5.0 out of 5 stars Very moving...a classic piece performed beautifully., 16 Jun 2013
This review is from: Rachmaninov Vespers (Audio CD)
I liked it very much, I bought it after reading about it on Fr Stephen's Orthodox blog. It was quite extraordinary, I like listening to it while driving...

5 stars for musical and spiritual excellence.

Strengthen your Soul
Strengthen your Soul
by Father Andreas Konanos
Price: 10.93

5.0 out of 5 stars A textbook for happiness - I had tears of joy!, 16 Jun 2013
This review is from: Strengthen your Soul (Paperback)
This is an instant classic. For years Father Andreas has given hope to listeners of his broadcast and readers of his books. This is the first time that his inspiring words have been printed in English. I read the book in an evening and I cried with joy several times. It feels like he spoke to me, he understood my internal conflicts and offer relief from the pain they are provoking.

It is a rare publication of pure truth that speaks to the Orthodox Christian faithful as well as to those who do not have the gift of faith or are simply disengaged from the Church. Father Andreas is an expert in the psyche of the young, the troubled and sceptics. He does not preach, he does not judge; on the contrary he embraces all people like his own children, he offers consolation and hope. He helps you live with thankfulness, joy and love for all mankind.

Read this book, let its wealth go deeply into your soul and bear fruit. Father Andreas, like Father Stephen the Orthodox blogger, is an oasis of hope and guidance in the struggle of our times.

Intex Ultra Plush Queen Size Airbed with Built in Electric Pump (66958)
Intex Ultra Plush Queen Size Airbed with Built in Electric Pump (66958)
Offered by Stack 'm High Ltd
Price: 49.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Deflated after 1 use., 7 Dec 2012
This looked like a great product on paper. Sadly, it failed to deliver as after 1 use it started deflating rapidly during the night. I ended up waking up in the middle of the night with my back on the floor. The airbed does not seem to have a visible fault, but it has been reported here and elsewhere as a common occurence.

I contacted the company for a replacement, they asked me to send the part of the bed that has the logo on. I did and 1 month later I had received no response. Needless to say, it would be useless now as I have spent 35 days sleeping on the sofa, while my house was being refurbished. Very disappointed with the product and the service. I would avoid this one.