Profile for S. Russell > Reviews

Content by S. Russell

S. Russell (Hampshire, UK)

Resistance 2 (PS3)
Resistance 2 (PS3)
Offered by Game Trade Online

2.0 out of 5 stars No full campaign co-op mode has ruined it., 1 Dec. 2008
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Resistance 2 (PS3) (Video Game)
I have been waiting for months for this to come out so I could whittle away a few hours with friends in full campaign co-op mode, a la Resistance FOM. Lo and behold there's no option for this, just the usual online offering which of course requires more than one PS3 if you want to play with a friend. They try to throw in an offline 2 man co-op which is basically a set of 8 maps to complete but not the full campaign. Don't waste your money on the game if this is your main reason for buying it (which mine was). Gutted.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 19, 2009 2:54 PM BST

The Black Parade Is Dead
The Black Parade Is Dead

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing., 15 July 2008
Unfortunately this is a groaning disappointment. Fairly poor execution instrumentally and Gerard can barely keep his breath let alone emulate the recorded versions of the songs. Formulaic set lists and uninspired arrangements contribute to what is frankly, an average affair.

An overly produced record often results in a disappointing live show, not always, but this time is just does.

I'm a MCR fan, no doubt, but I have to be honest, this is mediocre at best. Why? I turned it off after three songs and thought 'I can come back to this later'.

Nightwish - End of An Era [DVD + 2cd]
Nightwish - End of An Era [DVD + 2cd]

5.0 out of 5 stars Goodness me..., 12 Jun. 2008
How amusing that Formula 1 motor racing brought me to this juncture. I saw a You Tube video with 'Sleeping Sun' credited as the the music. The rest is history. I can only say thank goodness for me I bought this DVD/CD set. Absolutely sublime in almost every way. Such a huge pity I didn't discover Nightwish before these very few last weeks. I've missed out on so much...

That's The Way (My Love Is)
That's The Way (My Love Is)

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this for Stellar alone..., 13 Feb. 2008
As a lifelong Pumpkins fan it is great to see songs like Stellar included on single releases as this song justifies the purchase alone. I have everything the SP have ever released and to make it clear; Gish was of course released in the UK. Daydream (in title) is lifted from this album, one would imagine simply to satisfy Billy Corgan's needs to show the world how he really wanted this song recorded. I can only think D'Arcy was given the honours on Gish as an appeasement offering back in the early days of the band...let's face it, D'Arcy wasn't ever the strongest vocalist in terms of either singing ability or individuality.

Get this for Stellar if nothing else. I have a feeling this song will metamorphose into an epic live track.

Hvarf/Heim
Hvarf/Heim
Offered by neil_anderson1967

5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishing, 11 Nov. 2007
This review is from: Hvarf/Heim (Audio CD)
If you don't like this music, if it doesn't touch your soul, then you are probably dead inside. Some of their greatest work packaged into this one little album. Short on numbers, but my goodness me the phrase 'all good things come in small packages' certainly takes on a whole new meaning here. Listen to this before you die.

The Black Parade
The Black Parade

5.0 out of 5 stars If there's one thing you do....., 23 Oct. 2006
This review is from: The Black Parade (Audio CD)
....this year make sure you get in front of your PC or toddle off to your local music shop and pick up 'The Black Parade'.

An album of such huge pomposity and grandeur that it almost implodes completely in on itself; often scraping the line between sublime brilliance and utter lunacy.

You will not regret buying this album. While you're at it; buy their other two albums aswell and you'll understand how they got to the special place that is 'The Black Parade.'

My only complaint is I wish the first track was much much longer, such a pity to cut it like that, though when you listen you'll understand more clearly...