Profile for Jack0267 > Reviews

Content by Jack0267

Jack0267 "Bill0267"

Magnetic Flying Insect Door Screen / Curtain- (HWP110276)
Magnetic Flying Insect Door Screen / Curtain- (HWP110276)
Offered by best deal 4 u
Price: 3.62

2.0 out of 5 stars I cannot in any good conscience recommend this particular product..., 5 Aug 2013
On the face of it this seems a brilliant idea, but I don't know who manufactured this product or how this it compares with those advertised on television, since it arrived without any commercial packaging or instructions. Nor did the parcel include the pelmet top curtain as illustrated in the photo,or any “tacks” as listed. After working out how the nets could be hung, and after reattaching a number of the magnets which fell out of their casings when first unfolding, the screens themselves stayed up for less than 24 hours before the Velcro began to peel away from the wall – it seems too heavy to rely on double-sided tape. I have given up with it after four days.

Nikkai A12KJ Portable TV
Nikkai A12KJ Portable TV

1.0 out of 5 stars I sent this back..., 22 Mar 2013
It did not work in my area (despite being in sight of a transmitter) and did not come provided with USB lead as advertised.

Modern Classics on Tape - A Traveller in Time: Abridged
Modern Classics on Tape - A Traveller in Time: Abridged
by Alison Uttley
Edition: Audio Cassette

5.0 out of 5 stars Why isn't this available on CD?, 19 Feb 2013
This is one of my all-time favourite books. Although I have been hunting for an audio-book version of this story for some years I haven't yet seen a CD of A Traveller in Time. This reading is superb and deserves to be re-released on a modern medium.

The Famous Five - The Complete Collectors Edition [DVD]
The Famous Five - The Complete Collectors Edition [DVD]
Dvd ~ Marcus Harris
Price: 18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally :), 27 Aug 2012
At last, I get to see the final minutes of each episode I had to miss in order to get to cubs on time! This beautifully presented collectors set (laid out as a book) is capable of taking pride of place on any book or video shelf. After searching through many other productions for some years (including some poor VHS issues) I must say that, in my opinion, this is the definitive production.
On viewing again after 30-odd years the first few stories did sit a little uncomfortably (it is all too easy to see the inspiration for the irreverent `Five go Mad...') but as the style settled and as the actors matured in their roles I really did find the stories exciting and quite gripping. Or maybe I was simply revisiting my childhood mind-set?
Anyway, with some pretty good production values (both originally, and in this DVD edition), superb character actors, classic 70's incidental music, and super scenery around the South Coast (such as the Solent and New Forest) it is almost a shame that the episodes were never longer. And this collection, at 700 minutes, is great value for money. I thoroughly recommend `The Famous Five - The Complete Collectors Edition', especially to those who wish to recapture their youth!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 28, 2013 4:19 AM BST