Profile for Louise Rayner > Reviews

Children's Multicultural Musical Instruments Set - 6 Percussion Pieces
Children's Multicultural Musical Instruments Set - 6 Percussion Pieces
Offered by World Playground Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Aug. 2014
Fantastic instrument set - my little boy LOVES this and they are beautifully decorated, lovely quality.

Mini Wooden Croaking Frog Güiro - Fair Trade Percussion Instrument - Fun for all Ages.
Offered by Purity Style

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent delivery., 4 Aug. 2014
Lovely little frog guiro, exactly as in the picture. Excellent delivery.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely toy, a little smaller than I expected though, 16 Sept. 2013
This rainbow stacking toy has been a great hit with my 12 month old little boy and I can see its potential for all sorts of open-ended play (especially if you combine it with things like building blocks.) I was expecting it to be 'large' but actually it's fairly small. Upon reflection, that's not such a bad thing... it means that small hands can manipulate it very easily and its light-weight, so no injuries if the pieces are dropped on little toes! The wood has scuffed and worn a little after a weeks play, but I would rather that than have a horrible toxic varnish coating. Lots of comments from friends and family on how lovely it is and I would definitely recommend it. I would just expect the price to be a little lower for what you actually get.

Insect Lore Butterfly Garden
Insect Lore Butterfly Garden
Offered by Premier Life Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 7 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Insect Lore Butterfly Garden (Toy)
Bought this for two of my nephews. You do have to send off for the chrysallis's, however it's really straight forward to put them into the net and they absolutely loved watching the life cycle infront of their eyes. Getting to release the butterflies at the end was magical - and the net tent has become a container to store toys! Really reccomend; however please note, you can only get the chrysallis's from Spring-Summer time, when it's warm. Perfect bought with the crunching munching caterpillar book! :-)

Get Ready to Get Pregnant: Your Complete Prepregnancy Guide to Making a Smart and Healthy Baby
by Michael C. Lu

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for pre-pregnancy!, 13 Jan. 2010
Myself and my husband decided that we will be trying for a baby later on in the year, and so we decided to get this book.
I can't put it down, and have since re-visited it with pens and highlighters to remember all of the information! It is well written, extremely informative, and REALLY shows you just how important it is to get things right AT LEAST 3 months before you plan to concieve.

Topics covered include diet, (a key part of the book,) stress, your immune system, a healthy home environment (I hadn't even thought about the impact of using household cleaning products!) relationships, and even a useful section for the Dad to be! There is even an extremely comprehensive 'are you ready?' section which gives you a rating indicator of how ready you, your partner, your home and your body are for a baby... I was sure that I would get 'ready,' but because this book brought things up I hadn't previously thought about, it turns out I have some work to do! (Of course, don't stick to it religiously - go with your own instincts.)

It is American, so there are a few references to health insurance and food in cup measurements etc, however the majority of this book is relevant for U.K readers, too. It has totally transformed my lifestyle and really focused my attention on getting my body (and my husband to get his body,) ready to have as healthy a conception, pregnancy and little person as possible! Actually... even for people NOT planning on having children, it would be useful to reduce the amount of rubbish that goes into our bodies, most of the time without us even realising it!

Get this book now!!!