Profile for Joy > Reviews

Content by Joy

Joy (Fairfax, VA USA)

Sting In The Tail
Sting In The Tail

5.0 out of 5 stars Another awesome masterpiece from the Scorpions!!, 29 Mar 2010
This review is from: Sting In The Tail (Audio CD)
I don't know where to start with this review. First I want to say that I can't believe a band this awesome will not be making any other albums after this. I just couldn't believe it when I read about it. Bands like Scorpions need to be around and make true rock music! We need this more than ever!! It's so heartbreaking to know this. I really hope they will change their minds and continue on.

Also, I have to say that I really love the album cover, it's so creative!

Now on to the review. I won't review every song but one main point that needs to be mentioned first is the guest appearance of the Finnish symphonic metal singer Tarja Turunen (Nightwish), in the song "The Good Die Young." When I first read she was featured on this song, before I even heard the album, you have no idea how excited I got and I downloaded that song immediately before buying the entire album. I even got a radio edit version, it's such an amazing and beautiful ballad that has such incredible musicianship. I only wish Tarja sang lyrics but to just hear her vocalizing in the background is so awesome!! I love how Tarja is working with artists like Doro Pesch and Scorpions lately, whom of all I love! The other ballads are amazing as well, like "Lorelei" and "Sly."

The rockers are so amazing as well! "No Limit" is probably my favorite rocker on here, it really rocks and it's an awesome song to listen to while driving! I just love this album so much and cannot recommend it enough! It really sounds so 80's and any Scorpions fan should be getting it!! The vocals, the music itself, everything is more than worth the purchase!! Please don't hesitate to buy it!! There's not one song on here that I don't love!