Profile for Crystal > Reviews

Content by Crystal

Crystal

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Worse Than Dead (Inspector Drake 2)
Worse Than Dead (Inspector Drake 2)
Price: 1.79

3.0 out of 5 stars Still waiting for the ending., 1 May 2014
It was an enjoyable book and with 95% of the book read I thought it was going to be all tied up neatly by no. That was it.
The remainder of the book was a sample from the book Speechless.
Ian Drake is having problems with his wife and home life and that is a big turn off for me so I don`t know whether I'll read the next instalment.

As The Crow Flies (The DI Nick Dixon Crime Series Book 1)
As The Crow Flies (The DI Nick Dixon Crime Series Book 1)
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The sort of book I like, 7 April 2014
I have always preferred these type of books and I am sure to be following up with the next one.

Copp On Fire, A Joe Copp Thriller (Joe Copp, Private Eye Series Book 2)
Copp On Fire, A Joe Copp Thriller (Joe Copp, Private Eye Series Book 2)
Price: 2.56

5.0 out of 5 stars A Decent P.I. series of books, 10 Feb 2014
I really like this genre of books, namely Private Investigators.
This is the best I've read for a number of years when I read a series of books about a Liverpool P I by Ron Ellis. If you put any of these books down then I believe they can't be for you.
I am now going to order the remaining books in this series and if they are anywhere near as good as the first three then I won't have been disappointed.

Murder Unearthed: an Inspector Constable murder mystery (The Inspector Constable Murder Mysteries Book 2)
Price: 1.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun read, 13 Jan 2014
This book is very amusing in the fact that all the characters names are very humorous. I will give you just one, the name Percy Vere and others just as good.
I have read another of this author's books and they give a light hearted read on a serious subject. I will surely be reading the others.

Snowjob (Reid Bennett)
Snowjob (Reid Bennett)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not worth 5 stars, 16 Dec 2013
This book is slightly different from his others in that the main character travels across the border to America to help an old friend of his. There are plenty of small typos in the book which makes it annoying but doesn't take anything from the story line.
For me the inclusion of the typos and the fairly slow start stops me from giving it the maximum number of stars.

Flashback (Reid Bennett)
Flashback (Reid Bennett)

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as ever, 10 Dec 2013
I read the first few books of Ted Wood years ago and loved them because they are my sort of book. I found them in our local library but since the Kindle came out a couple of years ago it has opened a lot more avenues.
This book, I think, is one of his better ones and is quite exciting. I have already bought the last two books that follows on from this one.

Girl Jacked
Girl Jacked
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb mystery, 1 Nov 2013
This review is from: Girl Jacked (Kindle Edition)
The story in this book is well worth the 5 stars that I have given it. I just cannot wait for the sequel "Jack Knifed".
It is a different sort of story to what I normally read but I'm really glad I bought it and I think that you'll like it too.

TUPPENNY HAT DETECTIVE
TUPPENNY HAT DETECTIVE
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than t looks, 17 Oct 2013
This book deserves a lot more recognition than it gets at the moment.
If any thriller reader likes a detective story and a whodunit then they should read this. It kept me enthralled all the way through. There is also twist right at the end which had me flummoxed until the very end.
It fully deserves the 5 stars I have given it.

The Dog Who Ate The Burglar (An Adam and Bagel Mystery)
The Dog Who Ate The Burglar (An Adam and Bagel Mystery)
Price: 1.79

3.0 out of 5 stars Too long and drawn out, 23 Sep 2013
I will repeat what I said in my review of the first book in the series and that they are almost identical to Lillian Jackson Braun books "The Car Who" series except she wrote about an eccentric rich man with two psychic cats while Edwin Coburn writes about a very rich man with a a psychic dog.
Both series of books run side by side with the rich men both having girl friends and they go out eating nearly every night exploring different restaurants. The dog who ate the burglar book starts off very slowly and the poor dog doesn't get a mention until the book is about a quarter of the way through.
I can't understand why they have to be sarcastic in almost every thing they say, whether that's the way they speak over in the USA or not, I don't know
I have given it three stars though as it is an enjoyable read.

The Dog Who Ate The Airplane (An Adam And Bagel Mystery Book 1)
The Dog Who Ate The Airplane (An Adam And Bagel Mystery Book 1)
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A Leisurely Read, 13 Sep 2013
If any of you have read and liked the Lilian Jackson Braun books all with the titles starting "The Cat Who" then this series of "The Dog Who" should delight you. The Cat Who books tell mysteries about a very rich man and his two psychic Siamese cats but this is about a very rich man and his psychic Beagle dog. Most of this first book is about how he became the owner of the dog and how he moves to a town called Canary Corner and the mystery in this book is all sorted in the last few pages. It is a delightful leisurely read and fully enjoyable.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3