Profile for Millie > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Dream Bag Lilac Baby Sleeping Bag Flutterbyes 18-36 Months 1 Tog
The Dream Bag Lilac Baby Sleeping Bag Flutterbyes 18-36 Months 1 Tog

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but bulky, 4 Aug. 2014
Pretty disappointed with this. Pretty colour and I like the pattern but it seems very thick for a one tog and the material has a funny sheen about it. My daughter is quite fidgety so trying to hold her while she was encased in the bulk of this was difficult.

Professional Hairdressing Scissors 5.0 inch, Top Quality, with Presentation Case
Offered by Tricut

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective, 4 Aug. 2014
Love these. Have used them several times on my daughters hair and they've been great: easy to hold, cut well and good pack for storage. Shame she won't sit still!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 4 Aug. 2014
Disappointed. Loved it when it first arrived. Pretty and small with a useful mechanism for reeling it back in. Unfortunately that mechanism broke (I heard a click as it went) on third use.

The Yage Letters (Unabridged)
The Yage Letters (Unabridged)
Offered by Audible Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Nothing of interest for me., 14 Feb. 2014
I very rarely give up on a book but I had to with this one. The introduction was very lengthy and I found it uninteresting but thought I'd continue into the book anyway. Half way through the first chapter I realised I had no interest in the authors experiences. I can normally find some redeeming features that encourage me to continue but not with this book.

The Girl Who Fell from the Sky (unabridged audiobook)
The Girl Who Fell from the Sky (unabridged audiobook)
by Simon Mawer
Edition: Audio CD

4.0 out of 5 stars Suited my purposes but probably wouldn't recommend, 8 Feb. 2014
I was expecting something full of energy with some insight into the life of someone in the main characters situation. It fell short on both counts for me. I got to the end and thought 'oh, is that it'. I kept waiting for something to happen. It was as if the author had three different book ideas and tried to merge them so it didn't feel like it flowed. Could probably have cut about a third of it and still told the same story. However, I needed something to listen to while doing lots of walking and it fulfilled that purpose so four stars (would have been 3 stars without this).

Aim High (unabridged audiobook)
Aim High (unabridged audiobook)
by Tanni Grey-Thompson

2.0 out of 5 stars Bit of a disappointment, 8 Feb. 2014
I was expecting an inspirational story about how she achieved so much but it fell a bit flat for me. The focus seemed to be more on offering advice to others about 'aiming high' but even that fell flat: repetitive and didn't really offer much beyond cliches I've heard before. Overall I was disappointed.

Zeitoun
Zeitoun
by Dave Eggers

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating., 8 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Zeitoun (Audio CD)
Superb book. Well read. I found this fascinating. I had heard on the news about some of what happened during and after hurricane Katrina but this really opens the eyes to it from an individual perspective. The balance of information about Zeitoun and his wife's past complemented the book without detracting from it. Would definitely recommend it.

Baby Nose Clear (nasal aspirators)
Baby Nose Clear (nasal aspirators)
Offered by homeshop3000

4.0 out of 5 stars Challenging but useful, 9 Nov. 2013
We found this very useful when we've managed to use it. Our baby doesn't like anything anywhere near her nose so it is a two man job for us. When I tried it by myself, by the time I managed to hold it steady by her nose my lung power had been exhausted and I felt dizzy! It's also worth noting that the contents of her nose did not get anywhere near my mouth - the design, thankfully, prevents that.

Medela 20 mm Contact Nipple Shields with Case (Medium)
Medela 20 mm Contact Nipple Shields with Case (Medium)

4.0 out of 5 stars Served their purpose, 9 Nov. 2013
My baby took a chunk out of me and it was painful and bleeding during feeds. I came across these while looking for a solution. I was cautious at first as I'd seen lots of comments about it changing the latch. I decided to give it a try as I'd only be using it on one side and I tried to not use it for every feed. There was a slight change in her latch but as I only used it when I couldn't face the pain it didn't change her successful feeding. It was also a bit fiddly to clean. It allowed me enough respite to heal pretty quickly so it served its purpose. I'd definitely recommend it but my advice would be to avoid prolonged use where possible.

Moby Wrap Solid, Red
Moby Wrap Solid, Red
Offered by icolor

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful but not always practical, 9 Nov. 2013
I love this product: beautiful colour and wonderfully soft. However from a practical point I had a few issues. It was like having a hot water bottle strapped to me during the summer: not comfortable for me or my baby! She is also very wriggly and changes her mind about what she wants very quickly meaning I needed to get her in/out in a hurry sometimes. Maybe it would have been better if I'd practised with it a bit more which I would do for a subsequent child. I would still definitely recommend it as when I used it on cooler days it was comfortable and I loved being all snuggled up with her.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4