Profile for Daleswede > Reviews

Content by Daleswede

Daleswede

Acme Made Bay Street iPad Case / Sleeve in Grey/Orange color (iPad2, iPad3, iPad4, iPad Air, iPad Air 2)
Offered by eHome

4.0 out of 5 stars The finish is nice, and seems to 'wear' well, 15 Dec. 2014
Item does what you'd expect. The finish is nice, and seems to 'wear' well. However better guidance on its size would be useful. My iPad Air 2 WITH a full front and back case on it is still 'drowned' in this sleeve, so factor this into your thinking.
The quality from Acme Made is always good, so no complaints there.

Kong Extreme Goodie Bone
Kong Extreme Goodie Bone

5.0 out of 5 stars and are still in great condition., 13 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Kong Extreme Goodie Bone (Misc.)
These things last forever !!
I have 2, and they're both over 2 years old, and have had a lot of use by our two Labradors. They've been left out for many nights in the cold, they've been through the dishwasher, and frozen in the freezer, and are still in great condition.

Bluelounge JIMI USB 3.0 Cable
Bluelounge JIMI USB 3.0 Cable

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm not sure that its any better than other solutions, 13 Dec. 2014
In terms of providing a front accessible USB port, it works. Hard to get excited about something so simple, and the price means you're certainly paying for design.
I'm not sure that its any better than other solutions, but its certainly discreet.

MOFRED® Red Ultra Slim New Apple iPad Air 2 (Launched Oct. 2014) Leather Case Cover, Full Protection Smart Cover for iPad Air 2 iPad 6th Generation With Magnetic Auto Wake & Sleep Function + Screen Protector + Stylus Pen
Offered by MOFRED PRODUCTS

4.0 out of 5 stars For the price, very impressive, 13 Dec. 2014
For the price, the case is very impressive. Time will tell on how well it 'wares' for condition, but so far very impressed. Its not particularly 'lightweight', so it does add quite some 'bulk' to the iPad when holding in one hand for example, but the magnets to hold the stand in place are a nice surprise, and the design is also nice.
The screen protector that came with it is ok. Its certainly not as high quality as some of the more expensive ones, although i consider it free, and i'm not sure i'll ever use the stylus, but I would highly recommend the case, especially in the <£20 category.
I previously used a 'Knomo' case, which was almost 3 times the price of this, and they don't immediately feel a whole world apart in terms of quality.

20 x Eco-Friendly Sky Lanterns for Christmas, New Year, Chinese New Year, New Years Eve, Weddings & Parties (40cms 58cms x 105cms) (White)
Offered by reloads

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous - please be warned, 13 July 2013
We bought these to release on the eve of a funeral to mark a sad occasion.

I've just returned from a 'trial run' to make sure I knew how they worked. Perfect night, no breeze, and a clear sky.

Followed instructions, and as I let go of the lantern, it looked stunning, rising quickly into the sky, and drifting off on the mildest of breezes. That was until about 45 seconds into its flight, when it burst into flames and plummeted to the ground.

I ran to where it had landed, which was in the middle of some very dry moorland, and where it had set fire to the bracken and dry grass around it. Had I got there 30 seconds later, I don't think i'd have been able to put it out, and had the wind been stronger (it was practically still), i wouldn't have got there in time.

I understand these to be 'safe', and in hindsight am now thinking i was stupid to release a naked flame into the sky, but I assumed they would not burst into flames.

Am thankful I haven't caused a huge bush fire, and will be disposing of the remaining lanterns safely.

If it rose in the air, then fell once the flame was extinguished, I can understand they would be safe, but to burst into flames and fall to the ground on fire, they are just too dangerous.

Adaptil Diffuser 48ml
Adaptil Diffuser 48ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Made no noticeable difference to our dog, 2 May 2012
This review is from: Adaptil Diffuser 48ml (Misc.)
We were recommended to buy one of these to help our new rescue dog to settle into the home. It took us 3 weeks to get one (our fault), plugged it in, and forgot about it.
We didn't really notice any difference in the temperament behaviour of the dog, and didn't even notice when the refill expired. The impact was so imperceptible to us that we haven't replaced the refill yet.

I'm conscious that we haven't used/tested it during periods like bonfire night, and we will use it again to try to ease any anxiety that the dog might experience, but I can't comment on its effectiveness in this situation.

So in short, I can't criticise the product, but I didn't notice any obvious changes in our dog (was still nervous, hesitant both with and without the product). He has improved of course as he's settled into his new home, but the period where we used the DAP wasn't any different from our experience of not using it.

FURminator Long Hair DeShedding Tool for Medium Dogs
FURminator Long Hair DeShedding Tool for Medium Dogs

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite amazing, 2 May 2012
I bought one of these to try to help with the volume of hair in the house from our golden labrador.
Despite a thorough grooming once a week, along with daily brushes, the volume of hair in the house (and the hoover) was simply too much for comfort.

I'd been recommended a Furminator by a friend, and figured I'd give it a go. Wow. The volume of hair removed from the dog was simply amazing. Not only that, but he loved it, sitting there quite content.
I removed enough hair to fill a small carrier bag (had to compress it), and immediately noticed how much neater and more tidy his coat appeared (very healthy).

We now use it once a week, where it still continues to amaze me how much hair it removes, and we've seen a noticeable reduction in hair in the house.

A word of caution would be to not use it on any sensitive area (i.e. underbelly) where the undercoat is less thick, but for the back, sides, neck area (and tail) its a very very good product, and sold on Amazon at a very competitive price. I would also advise you to use it outdoors when possible, as the hair it removes becomes incredibly 'statically charged' when removed and will stick to everything (clothes, furniture, carpets, curtains etc).

I bought the medium version, and in hindsight should have gone for the large version, but this isn't a criticism of the product itself.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 19, 2013 2:44 PM BST

Mikki Grooming Claw Clipper
Mikki Grooming Claw Clipper
Offered by animalkingdom-uk-com

4.0 out of 5 stars Warning to users, 2 May 2012
No complaints with the product. I think they do what they say, but a word of caution for the inexperienced user (like me).
Despite there being a guard on there, it is VERY easy to clip off too much nail, and cause pain and bleeding to your dog. I made this very unfortunate mistake, and it meant a lot of discomfort to my dog, and a trip to the vets and expense for me. The instructions assume a level of knowledge that I didn't have.

Not a criticism of the product. They're sharp, and cut cleanly and easily. Just a warning to anyone wanting to do the right thing by their dog without the right level of knowledge !!

iTALKonline USB Data Sync Cable Lead Charger for iPod, iPhone 3G, 3GS, iPhone 4 4S (2011), 4G HD, iPad (NEW Short Version 12cm)

5.0 out of 5 stars Should be in everyones laptop bag, 29 Nov. 2011
If you travel frequently like me, i'd recommend everyone has one of these in their bag. Saves clutter of the std Apple cable, and given that travelling see's you charge your iPhone right next to your laptop, the length of this cable is very appropriate.

TeckNet® POWER BANK iEP387 7000mAh Lithium Polymer USB External Battery Backup Pack, Mobile Phone Power Pack, High Capacity Portable Battery Charger (Dual 5V 3.1A USB Output) for Apple iPhone 5, iPad mini 2/1, iPad 5/4 (Lightning Cable not Provided), iPhone 4S, iPad 3/2/1; Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, S2, Galaxy Ace, Galaxy Note 3/2; HTC One, Sensation, Desire C S X, Wildfire S; Google Nexus 7, Nexus 10; Nokia Lumia 920 800 900 N8; Motorola Razr; LG Optimus; Blackberry Z10; Sony Xperia Z - White
Offered by TECKNET

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 29 Nov. 2011
As a companion to my Apple products when travelling, I think this provides excellent value for money. I've been able to fully recharge iPhone and iPad on overseas trip from a single charge when i left my power adapters at home.
I'm very pleased with this, and would recommend.