Profile for Jackie B > Reviews

Content by Jackie B

Jackie B "Jackie B" (Stockton, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
The Cry
The Cry

4.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed, 18 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Cry (Kindle Edition)
My first Helen Fitzgerald read and it had me hooked from the start. I enjoyed the style that the book was written in, swopping between different characters views. I did feel that the ending was a bit abrupt though.

Topwrite Jumbo 8 Digit Calculator (Green)
Topwrite Jumbo 8 Digit Calculator (Green)

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and disappointing, 13 Mar. 2013
Very poorly packaged with no protection during postage. Feels very cheap and flimsy. Bought for daughters birthday and feel very disappointed with it given the price

Fifty Shades Freed
Fifty Shades Freed

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved the best till last, 9 Jun. 2012
I loved, loved, loved the first two books but this was my favourite by a long way. Really hope that there are going to be more because I don't know if I can live without my daily dose of Mr Christian Grey.

Fifty Shades Darker
Fifty Shades Darker

5.0 out of 5 stars By the 2nd book you will be in love with Mr Grey, 9 Jun. 2012
Even better than the first, Fifty Shades of Grey. By the end of the second book I was ready to marry Christian myeslf!

Fifty Shades of Grey: Movie Tie-in
Fifty Shades of Grey: Movie Tie-in

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr Grey - The new Edward Cullen, 9 Jun. 2012
Totally amazing, this is the first of 3 and hooks you from the first chapter. In my opinion each book is better than the last but would recommend this to everyone!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 10, 2012 7:57 PM BST

Confessions of a GP (The Confessions Series)
Confessions of a GP (The Confessions Series)

3.0 out of 5 stars Oddly fascinating, 11 Jan. 2012
I bought this purely because it was cheap at just 99p and had some good reviews. I was quite surprised at just how much I enjoyed reading it. As the chapters are very short it was the type of thing that I picked up when I had a spare couple of minutes but not enough time to get engrossed in a storyline. There are a good mix of amusing stories about patients blended with some harsh realities of the life of a NHS doctor.
I have several friends who are doctors and it has helped to give me a better understanding of what their job actually entails rather than just seeing them as having a easy life working 9am-11am and 3pm-6pm and earning shed loads of money for it.
If it's still 99p and you want something you can pick up and put down easily that gives you a little chuckle then I would definitely say go for it.

The Executioner
The Executioner
by Chris Carter

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than the last, 10 Jan. 2012
This review is from: The Executioner (Paperback)
Having just read and thoroughly enjoyed Chris Carters first novel The Crucifix Killer I started this, his second, straight away. The story of Hunter and Garcia continues and you are immediately thrust into the story.
As you would expect the plot thickens throughout and towards the final 2/3rds of the book you are starting to get an idea of who the killer is. However just like The Crucifix Killer the true killer is unveiled right at the end and you are left shocked at just how wrong you were.
There is also an incredibly heartbreaking insight into Hunters past which adds a really nice touch to the storyline.
I would thoroughly recommend this book to everyone and I have already downloaded the 3rd installment, The Night Stalker.

Triptych
Triptych
by Karin Slaughter

5.0 out of 5 stars The best yet!!!!, 13 Nov. 2006
This review is from: Triptych (Hardcover)
I was a bit disappointed to find that this was not the next in the Sara Linton series, thankfully by the end of the first chapter I was so engrossed that I had forgotten Linton had ever exsisted.

This is a brilliant book with lots of clever twists and one huge suprise in the middle that I had not been expecting at all.

I would definately recomend Karin Slaughter to anyone with this book being at the top of the list.

Snow Blind
Snow Blind
by P. J. Tracy

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best, but worth a read., 13 Nov. 2006
This review is from: Snow Blind (Hardcover)
Having read the previous books I was really excited to read Snow Blind, unfortunately I have been left with the feeling of wanting more. The story starts well with a good element of suspense and excitement but once it reached the middle of the story nothing much seemed to happen so I was expecting some massive suspenseful plot twist at the end, unfortunately I was disappointed. It felt a little as if they had run out of time and been told to just finish the story up with a final chapter!

If it hadn't have been PJ Tracy I probably wouldn't have been so disappointed but I have come to expect more from this writing duo.

Dead Run
Dead Run
by P. J. Tracy

5.0 out of 5 stars Just keeps getting better, 9 April 2006
This review is from: Dead Run (Paperback)
Having previously read the first 2 of PJ Tracys books I couldn't wait to start the first chapter as I was expecting great things, I wasn't disappointed. This book is written from a slightly different angle from the first 2 books but that doesn't detract from it's gripping storyline.
Again I would highly recommend this book to anyone who loves crime fiction.

Page: 1 | 2