Profile for GameMonster > Reviews

GameMonster

Adobe Premiere Elements 12 (PC) [Download]
Adobe Premiere Elements 12 (PC) [Download]

1.0 out of 5 stars Need to be connected to Adobe, 10 Dec. 2013
I want to get a refund on this product as you need to create an Adobe ID and be logged on to their server to use it. I fundamentally do not like the concept of being logged on to use software. I have spent much time trying to establish a way arounf this but it is not possible. When Adobe whent to the Creative Cloud subscription model, I refused to use or teach ant Adobe products. I turned to Premiere Elements thinking it was a straightfroward license but apparently not.
I am requesting a refund.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 27, 2014 10:27 PM GMT

Philips SHP2500/10 Indoor Corded Television Headphones
Philips SHP2500/10 Indoor Corded Television Headphones

4.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, 28 Oct. 2011
Comfortable and with very good sound quality. The second pair I have purchased (£15 from Argos 3 years ago)
The lead is obviously very long ... do not try shortening as the wires inside are impossible to solder.

Unity 3 Game Development Hotshot
Unity 3 Game Development Hotshot
by Jate Wittayabundit

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for intermediate to advanced Unity developers, 29 Aug. 2011
I was hoping a book like this would be published. Whilst there is a proliferation of very good Unity books at the moment, Unity 3 Game Development Hotshot is intended for intermediate to advanced users who want to move on with Unity 3. The book is based on 8 interesting and challenging projects; you need to bear in mind that they rely on coding and so you'll need to be comfortable with UnityScript (JavaScript). The 74MB supporting download is available from the publishers website ([...]) and contains all the code and assets for the respective projects. This is a real bonus as it saves you typing the code. Ideally, you will need a copy of 3ds Max if you intend completing certain projects such as the Character Control and Animation project.
For me, the great value of this particular book is that the projects are standalone. You can just select the ones you are interested in and get going with it. Other books often use one large project to carry you through the learning process. This is fine but I like this cookbook approach particularly as I often need ready made examples to show my graphics students. The book also includes useful appendices and in particular one about shaders - something I had not really considered before.
Additionally, if you have any difficulties with the scripts or anything else, the author, Jate Wittayabundit (jatewit) is available to assist you via the Unity web site forum ([...]
To sum up, for me a valuable book that is immediately useful but I also know I will be refering back to it in the future as I learn more about Unity.

Game Development with Unity
Game Development with Unity
by Michelle Menard

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book ideal for beginners and intermediates alike, 18 Mar. 2011
Very good book covering most of the important issues. The writer takes the reader from basic concepts and then gradually introduces reasonably complex but necessary scripting. It's quite a modestly sized book and yet it seems to cover most aspects of the Unity game development system.
The DVD contains all of the scripts and a finished executable of the game. The only problem is that the game doesn't load. I tried it on 2 different PCs but to no avail. I would have awarded 5 stars but for this strange issue.