Profile for KerryC > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
The Trouble with Henry and Zoe
The Trouble with Henry and Zoe

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite books of the year., 8 July 2016
I was very lucky to be sent this on Paperback from the publisher. I loved Andy's last book "the Two of Us" and I couldn't wait to get stuck in.

The story starts with Henry, the night before he marries his childhood sweetheart in a fairytale wedding (costing £17,640), having second thoughts. We then flash to Zoe who has had a morning "fumble" with her boyfriend Alex. Alex has popped out to get some breakfast in bed and Zoe is questioning their relationship.

The story takes some twists and turns and along the way Zoe and Henry meet. A totally chance meeting that changes both of their lives.

I absolutely LOVED this book. When it ended I really really wanted more. I hope Andy revisits Henry & Zoe in the future.

I completely recommend this book and Andy Jones is fast becoming one of my favourite Women's fiction writers - maybe it's because he writes it as a male writing for women he has a slight distance, whatever it is, it works! One of my favourite books of the year.

I can't wait for Andy's next book.

How to Find Your (First) Husband
How to Find Your (First) Husband

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly fun holiday read, 22 Jun. 2016
I loved this book! It really made me laugh. If you like Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic series, you will love this story - Isobel is like a cross between Becky Bloomwood and Bridget Jones.

I absolutely loved the idea that Isobel has spent her whole life wondering about the boy she married age 8 in the school playground, and almost seems to panic that they are still married and not divorced! I got married at school, age 7, and I am still friends with my "first husband" now - we do joke about our wedding and the fact I'm his first wife!

My favourite character in the book is Zeb, who Isobel meets on her flight. He is a really likeable character.

I can't really say much without giving away any spoilers! BUT, do buy this book. A perfect summer read.

Summer at Skylark Farm: The perfect summer escape to the country
Summer at Skylark Farm: The perfect summer escape to the country

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastically Sunny!, 2 Jun. 2016
The book is fantastically sunny and upbeat and is a fantastic summer read. I could smell the country air, I could hear the animals. Brilliant!

Amber is a ballsy city girl with a fabulous job and an even more fabulous boyfriend. She decides that work is taking over and needs a break which happens to be at the same time her boyfriend decides to move to the farm of his elderly aunt. What follows is a fun adventure as Amber tries to find her feet and fit in, at the same time as trying to find out the dark secrets from Jake's past!

Even though this is only Heidi Swain's second novel, you can't tell. It's really well written and it's predictable in the right places (not a criticism, it's what you expect in this genre, it's what we WANT) but just when you think you know exactly what is going to happen BOOM she throws you off course. Loved it!!

I think I'm a little bit of Amber at heart too - my idea of country life is glossy magazines, Boden shirts and Joules wellies....! haha!

Can't wait for Heidi's next book.

The One We Fell in Love With
The One We Fell in Love With

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart wrenchingly beautiful, 24 May 2016
This book shows the ups and downs of sibling rivalry, and family life, and we see the girls battle for their mum’s affection as well as falling out over Angus.

I don’t want to give anything away so I’m not going to say much more other than this – if you have sisters (or a sister) it will REALLY strike a chord with you. I cried. A lot. Although, it’s not a sad sad book, I did feel warm and fuzzy and uplifted at the end!

This book made me cry more than any book I’ve read for a long time

Out of Practice
Out of Practice

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what the doctor ordered!, 24 May 2016
This review is from: Out of Practice (Kindle Edition)
This book is Penny Parkes’ first novel and is based in the small town of Larkford. Holly & her husband, along with their adorable 2 yr old twins, have left Reading (and her hospital job) to settle in a small community. Holly is supposed to be this professional, educated, keeping it together mum and she can not seem to get herself away from her horrid husband (that’s not a criticism, that’s the point made in the book!).
The book has some brilliantly fun characters – I think I have met every single one of those doctors at some point (we ALL know a Henry Bruce!!). I can’t decide if Dr Dan Carter or Dr Taffy Jones is my favourite! But, I would love an Elise Townsend in my life!

The book has the right amount of laughs and a few “screaming in frustration” moments!! A perfect, light summer read!

My Map of You
My Map of You
by Isabelle Broom

5.0 out of 5 stars Summer in a book, 7 May 2016
This review is from: My Map of You (Paperback)
Absolutely gorgeous book. It made me really want to be on holiday, in the sun! Not predictable at all and some brilliant twists and turns!

Fantastic debut book.

You And Me, Always: The No. 1 Bestseller
You And Me, Always: The No. 1 Bestseller
by Jill Mansell

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant! Uncomplicatedly complicated!, 5 Feb. 2016
I couldn’t wait for this new book and, having read the synopsis, I had a pretty good idea what the story would be – Lily was obviously going to get a letter on her 25th birthday telling her that the man she always thought was her dad wasn’t and she would travel around unpicking her mum’s life and finding out loads about herself and her mum along the way. WRONG!! You know the saying “never judge a book by it’s cover…”?

Yes, Lily gets a letter on her 25th Birthday – it’s the beginning of chapter 4, and I cried – but the revelation is fab and takes a while to develop. The characters and mishaps along the way are brilliant and, having listened to Jill give a talk in October where she said she eaves drops on conversations in coffee shops, I would love to know if that’s where the inspiration for Patsy’s disastrous love life came from!

I loved all of the characters and, as with all of these books, I would love to see a book about Patsy, and a book about Coral! I also thought Sean and Will were a brilliant addition to the story, they didn’t do what you expected and their parts of the storyline were the most surprising – not by what they did but by what they didn’t do!

The only negative is, we have to wait another year for her next book….!

TinkSky 62-Piece Photo Booth Props and Photo Accessories for Atmospheric and Funny Images at Christmas Time and New Years Eve Party, Also Highly Suitable as a Decorative Element
Offered by PixnorStore

5.0 out of 5 stars Did exactly what I needed!, 20 Dec. 2015
I bought these for 2 Christmas parties to add a bit of fun. What can i say, they did what was needed!! They won't be something you use over and over again but they are fab for taking to an event, getting drunk, taking fun pictures and then forgetting about them!

You do need to stick them onto the sticks - some tape may be better than the sticky pads provided!

Rubie's Classic Gremlin Mogw Fancy Dress (Standard)
Rubie's Classic Gremlin Mogw Fancy Dress (Standard)

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful!! and not a complete costume as pictured!, 11 Nov. 2015
We bought this for halloween and i have to say it was a let down! The mask is really hard and is uncomfortable to wear - it digs in around the eyes. The Material for the tunic is felt like and it was too big, the hands didn't sit right - they were flappy!! And, it doesn't come with trousers so for £38 you need to go and spend another £7 on some leggings - and i couldn't find any leggings that colour!!!

Do not buy it!

Kenwood kMix KMX52 Stand Mixer - Almond Cream
Kenwood kMix KMX52 Stand Mixer - Almond Cream
Offered by Luzern

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful! The best stand mixer there is!, 11 Nov. 2015
LOVE this!! I have an original Kenwood chef from the 1960s which has stood the test of time and has been passed down to me but i fear it is starting to die. I was swaying towards a KitchenAid however, on this years GBBO they used these K-mix mixers so there were a lot of online blogs and news posts where they pitted the two against each other. The K-mix won on every test - plus is £100 cheaper!!

It's big and it's heavy - it is built to last! Don't think this is something you can store in a cupboard and get out when needed - it is heavy! and it looks nice too so it needs to be out!! I love it!! It's quiet and it mixes perfectly.

I got mine on an offer with a free K-mix blender to keep an eye out for that - it saved me £80!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14