Profile for Grannie Susan > Reviews

Grannie Susan

Veho VFS-008 Smartfix Scan to SD Stand Alone Slide and Negative Scanner
Veho VFS-008 Smartfix Scan to SD Stand Alone Slide and Negative Scanner

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Brilliant, 6 Nov 2010
Within minutes of receiving the scanner I was away, sorting and scanning my Mum's 1700+ 35 mm slides. In about 10-12 hours they were all done and on the supplied sd card. My husband timed me and it took 35 secs to load, scan and unload 3 slides. The picture quality when on the PC is superb, assuming the slide was superb in the first place! Each digital picture is 2544 x 1696 pixels, which is much the same as my Panasonic Lumix camera on best quality mode. One caution, when scanning onto the sd card the photos are numbered from DSC00001 upwards. If you then upload onto a PC and then delete from the card the file numbering will go back to 1 again. OK if you are going to keep in separate folders but you may have to rename each image if you want to put them altogether as you could have several different images with the same number. However the sd card will hold over 2500 images so don't delete until you have to. I haven't tried the software since I use Photoshop Elements quite happily and saw no reason to change. If you are in any doubt give this a try, you will not be disappointed and at least you can look at those old, old photos and have a good laugh at the hair and fashion.