Profile for S. Cahill > Reviews

Content by S. Cahill

S. Cahill (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
TP-Link TL-PA251KIT AV200+ Multi-Streaming Powerline Starter Kit with AC Pass Through (UK Plug Only)

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart TV unacceptable wifi speed for Amazon HD content - problem solved, 26 April 2014
Having recently taken advantage of a Prime trial offer and then signed-up for 12 months - because the Prime HD streaming content is very good for my tastes, I found it irritating that at times the performance over the TV's wifi wasn't fast enough. What to do? Bought a pair of these. To attach them to port straight out of teh router would have been inconvenient but posible. So, tried with line in study form a 4 port switch, plugged transmitter into 8 gang mains adapter. At TV end, updatairs, plugged into 6 ganag mains adapter. Works fine, problem solved :-)

Spear & Jackson Landscaping and Fencing Post Hole Digger
Spear & Jackson Landscaping and Fencing Post Hole Digger

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for sandy soil, 4 April 2014
I was installing 9ft fence posts, 3ft down, in our sandy soil. This hole digger was absolutely perfect and saved much time and effort. Well made and robust. Fully recommend for sandy soil. It may well cope with heavier soil but I cannot confirm that.

Faithfull DIGPOST Post Hole Bar with Chisel End 17Lb 60-inch x 1-inch
Faithfull DIGPOST Post Hole Bar with Chisel End 17Lb 60-inch x 1-inch

4.0 out of 5 stars Super heavyweight Chisel - perfect for fence post holes, 4 April 2014
I knew I'd encounter tree roots [mostly my nieghbours :-( ], when installing new concrete fence posts, I was going down 3ft into mosty sandy soil. The chisel is too blunt for very thick roots of the type encountered near the surface (when a swaw or axe work best) but is great for the thinner roots (say 1cm thick) encountered a couple of feet down and more. The post chisel deals with these very easily. Had I encountered larger roots low down I'd probably have sharpened the chisel but it wasn't necessary. It was certainly worth the investment for the dozen 9ft fence post installed.

Fox Run Cast Iron Bacon Press Grill Pig BBQ Steak Sandwich NEW
Fox Run Cast Iron Bacon Press Grill Pig BBQ Steak Sandwich NEW
Offered by US-Kitchen Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fine for steak or bacon in the pan, 4 April 2014
We've been using this for a few months now. It is absolutely fine, adding that little extra pressure and preventing the bacon from curling. After use we always clean carefully and dry on a kitchen radiator

Case Logic DCC302 Compact Digital Camera Bag with Separate Zipped Accessory Pocket and Internal Slip Pocket for SD Cards

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit for Panasonic TZ60/ZS40, 4 April 2014
The case for my old TZ30 wasn't quite big enough. The case for my LX7 was just a little over-sized and I still need it anyway. So, after extensive searching, I took a chance on this Case Logic DCC302, the quoted internal measurements were generally OK but at 110mm high, in theory 1mm too little. In reality the TZ60 fits fine, with a couple of 1 or 2 mm to spare height-wise and perfect width/depth in the main, camera compartment. The front pocket will certainly take a spare battery, maybe two, and a card. The detachable shoulder strap is slim and fine but unlikely to be used by me. I'll be putting the camera on my waist belt, where it will be very secure but less convenient than my LX57 case, because the belt loop does not split (this is clearly stated in the description), so you have to put it on before fastening the belt, which is why I've given it 4* and not 5.

Varilight LED Dimmer Switch - V-Pro Series, 1 Gang (Single), 1 or 2 Way, 400 Watt (Trailing Edge)
Offered by Surplus Trade Supplies

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine with 4 x 9W LED bulbs, 3 Mar 2014
When I simply changed 4 x 50W standard bulbs for 4 x 9W LED dimmable bulbs the existing dimmer switch was only really usable when at full power - not what you want in a bedroom. So, did a little research and bought the Varilight. It works fine now with a good range of adjustment from fully bright (marginally brighter I think than with the old dimmer switch) to a quite dim and steady / non-flickering light. I'll be buying another.

iPhone 4 4G Full Complete Replacment Screw Set Repairs
iPhone 4 4G Full Complete Replacment Screw Set Repairs
Offered by BisLinks®

5.0 out of 5 stars Life saver for those replacing iPhone screens, 1 Mar 2014
All too easy to lose a vital screw, even if you take extreme care like I did. This pack arrived within a couple of days and allowed me to complete re-assembly of my iPhone :-)

Samsung 32GB Class 10 Micro SDHC Card Essential Class Card
Samsung 32GB Class 10 Micro SDHC Card Essential Class Card
Offered by Locoisle777

4.0 out of 5 stars UHS-I or not, 13 July 2013
Chose this card because it has good write/read speed for use in ordinary (non-UHS-I device). What was sent was a Samsung UHS-I card, also marked Class 10). Initially I was going to reject the card because I do not have a UHS-I device. After testing the write speed, it was 14 MB a second asbestos as I could determine. So, I accepted the card. The offer of a £2.00 refund helped tip the decision :-)

One (1) Twin Pack (2 Batteries) Panasonic CR2016 Lithium Coin Cell Battery 3v Blister Packed
Offered by Ukdapper

3.0 out of 5 stars Bargain price batteries, 3 April 2013
These are fine but only 3* because those supplied were a couple torn from a larger pack, with no best use by date unlike those shown in the image. So, can't be sure those delivered are as 'new' as implied.

Akasa AK-CB002 PWM splitter - smart fan cable
Akasa AK-CB002 PWM splitter - smart fan cable
Offered by Express Box Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive adapter/splitter to help achieve a quieter PC, 3 April 2013
Standard case fans tend to run unncessarily fast most of the time, especially on the budget cases I tend to use. This cable plus a PWM were used to replace the standard case fan. It is important to make sure that temperature/speed control is enabled in the BIOS otherwise you are wasting your time. However, once installed/configured there was, for my PC, a very pleasant drop in noise level. Given the fan and this cable had a combined cost of less that £7 delivered, I'm very pleased with the result.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3