Profile for The Book Bat > Reviews

Content by The Book Bat

The Book Bat (Birmingham, UK)

Dealing With Difficult People: 24 Lessons for Bring Out the Best In Everyone: 24 Lessons for Bringing Out the Best in Everyone (Mighty Managers Series)
by Dr. Rick Brinkman

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for interviews, 7 Feb. 2009
I'm taking time out of preparing for a business interview (using this book) to let other people know how excellent it is. I used it for a previous interview and the panel later commented on my excellent answers, which was all down to the book. I lost that copy but when I came to prepare for this interview realised it was essential - so I bought another copy. It's so good I was willing to pay for it twice! Most interviews for jobs where you are dealing with customers will involve questions along the lines of "tell us how you would deal with a difficult client", and this book gives you a really solid basis, easy to learn and use to answer these kinds of questions. If you use this book to answer questions you will easily be able to sound knowledgeable and skilled in all the key people-focused questions - communication, interpersonal skills, resolving conflict, etc etc. I can't recommend it highly enough!