Profile for Keith Phillips > Reviews

City By The Sea [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ Robert De Niro
Price: 2.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little film., 14 May 2013
This review is from: City By The Sea [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
I found this film to be very well written, quite well directed and the acting is superb, I have watched it a couple of times and decided to add it to my collection now.

A Newbies Guide to Android Ice Cream Sandwich: Getting the Most Out of Android
A Newbies Guide to Android Ice Cream Sandwich: Getting the Most Out of Android
by Minute Help Guides
Price: 4.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Helped me a great deal., 14 May 2013
This book helped me a great deal when I recently updated my Galaxy S II phone to the Android 'Ice Cream Sandwich' software, although I know quite a bit about computers and various Windows operating systems, Android operating systems are a bit of a steep learning curve.
I found this book a great deal of help sorting out the various nuances of the new Android software and had my phone up and running again in less than 30 minutes.

Blame It On Fidel [DVD]
Blame It On Fidel [DVD]
Dvd ~ Nina Kervel
Offered by The World Cinema Store
Price: 5.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but...., 14 May 2013
This review is from: Blame It On Fidel [DVD] (DVD)
An interesting but slightly dated film, worth a watch but I am not adding it to my collection, quite well made but overall it did not appeal to me.

The Ploughman's Lunch [DVD]
The Ploughman's Lunch [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jonathan Pryce
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd
Price: 3.53

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite good, well directed and very good acting., 14 May 2013
This review is from: The Ploughman's Lunch [DVD] (DVD)
A very well directed and well acted film I really enjoyed it, however I believe this is a film that requires more than one viewing to understand it's various layers.
I have it in my collection now and plan to watch it a few more times in order to understand the whole story.

The Shadow Conspiracy [DVD]
The Shadow Conspiracy [DVD]
Dvd ~ Charlie Sheen
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd
Price: 10.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Good story but..., 14 May 2013
This review is from: The Shadow Conspiracy [DVD] (DVD)
A good story but a little too Hollywood glitzy for me, I watched it once then it was off to the charity shop with this movie

Windows 8 Pro, Upgrade Edition [Upgrade from Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7] (PC)
Offered by SoftwareDirect2u
Price: 139.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast Secure Operating system, 14 May 2013
Easy to install but a little complicated to set up with your own preferences, once set up though it can be as easy and intuitive as any other Windows OS.
It took me just over 30 minutes to set up after installation but now my Windows 8 system is running almost identically to my previous Windows 7 installation, admittedly I do know quite a bit about computers, if you want to take the easy route on setting up Windows 8, I would suggest that you take the third party route and check out the easy to use and very reasonably priced software by 'Stardock' I use a couple of pieces of their software myself such as their small program that restores the Start button.
Again very easy to download and install and very reasonably priced.

SODIAL(TM) Size M Pet Dog Float Life Saver Preserver Jacket
SODIAL(TM) Size M Pet Dog Float Life Saver Preserver Jacket
Offered by POP GATE(Ships From HongKong)
Price: 10.79

4.0 out of 5 stars The dog loves it!, 2 April 2013
My dog seems quite proud of this new addition to his wardrobe, he likes his coat we bought him last year and proudly displays his life preserver when he's wearing it, I have tested it by carrying him into waist deep water and releasing him, this preserver keeps him afloat perfectly.
Although he did take a while to figure out how to swim while wearing it.

Set of 2 - GCI Outdoor SITBACKER Canoe Seat
Set of 2 - GCI Outdoor SITBACKER Canoe Seat

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my needs, 2 April 2013
These seats are well made and ideal for my needs they fit the canoe perfectly.
I am very pleased with this purchase and would recomend them to anyone who needs comfort in their canoe.

K-Pax [DVD] [2002]
K-Pax [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ Kevin Spacey
Offered by HalfpriceDVDS_FBA
Price: 14.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little film, 2 April 2013
This review is from: K-Pax [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
I showed this film many years ago when I worked as a projectionist at the Odeon cinema in Kensington London, it alway stuck in my mind as a really well made and well acted little film.
It brings home the complexities of mental illness without being too harsh or too judgemental, well worth a watch.

AmazonBasics 10- to 12-Sheet Cross-Cut Shredder with CD Shred
AmazonBasics 10- to 12-Sheet Cross-Cut Shredder with CD Shred
Price: 38.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly., 1 Mar 2013
I bought this shredder to replace a very old shredder that I had owned for the last 10 years, my old shredder finally gave up and died so I purchased this as a replacement.
I am very happy with the shredder in it's day to day use and it does everything that it says it should, I have yet to find anything that it won't shred, it's powerful motor seems to power through just about anything.
I have found only one slight annoyance regarding this shredder and that is the fact that it is quite a bit noisier than my previous model, but then again it is more powerful so I guess it would be noisier.
Well recommended.