Profile for MJ Lacey > Reviews

Content by MJ Lacey

MJ Lacey (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Morphy-Richards KWS1525X-F2UB Rotisserie Mini Oven with Microfibre HSB® Cleaning Glove
Offered by Alex Whyte

2.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware, 8 Nov 2013
If you intend to buy you might wish to check that this is a GENUINE Morphy Richards product.
The same oven is being sold via Argos and is produced using Morphy Richards name under licence.
It has faults - not the least of which is a dangerous razor sharp lower rear edge on the cabinet
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 17, 2014 1:18 PM BST

10x Plastic Fence Post Caps Brown 3". Free UK Postage
10x Plastic Fence Post Caps Brown 3". Free UK Postage
Offered by proops brothers ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars User review, 27 Mar 2013
These are excellent fence post caps - and much better than the "original" Met post caps, which are as basic as they can be.
These caps are shaped and they look good when fitted and the size is spot on - would recommend to others.
Just going to order some soon for my son, who saw mine and wanted the same for his garden fence --- good product.

Mighty Strength Grip & Grab Adhesive 290ml White
Mighty Strength Grip & Grab Adhesive 290ml White
Offered by deals-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars User review, 25 July 2012
I saw this product advertised on "Tommys tips" on youtube and its use being
demonstrated. It proved 100% ideal for what I wanted - which was basically to
bond some blocks together to make rebuilding an outhouse wall a bit easier.
It worked for me exactly as I saw it being demonstrated so I am 100% happy and
would recommend it to others - but don't buy for small ad-hoc jobs because it
is expensive, use for specific purpose and it's a really good building adhesive.

Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite

5.0 out of 5 stars New user review, 11 Jun 2012
Bought as a gift for my wife, who initially was a bit wary of an "electronic book". Now however, having used it she says she absolutely loves it. I dowwn loaded some books for her, including some that she maynot have picked herself and she is hooked.
Instructions are clear and simple for new user and down loads are fast - very fast. Can easily recommend this product.

Stanley Clamping Mitre Box 1 20 112
Stanley Clamping Mitre Box 1 20 112

1.0 out of 5 stars user review, 21 May 2012
I have just ditched mine, probably the worst mitre box I have ever owned. Very flimsy,the black twist pegs only work well with small dimension wood. You can't use a speed clamp because the sides are so flimsy it would just break under pressure.
Still searching for a decent mitre box that can be clamped into a standard workmate bench to get the job done

Goodmans MICRO1467I CD Micro System with Universal Dock for iPod
Goodmans MICRO1467I CD Micro System with Universal Dock for iPod

2.0 out of 5 stars Research review, 1 May 2012
I took the trouble of writing to the sellers by email to ask questions about this particular item.
However since they do not have the common decency to reply, I shall spend my money elsewhere.
Suggest avoiding Electric Zone - they cannot be bothered to reply to customers - their loss.

Spear & Jackson - Razorsharp Ratchet Twist Anvil Secateur
Spear & Jackson - Razorsharp Ratchet Twist Anvil Secateur

2.0 out of 5 stars User review, 21 April 2012
Bought this to replace my broken secateurs.
Didn't like the twist handle.
These secateurs broke after just a few months use, full refund from Amazon.
NOT recommended, plenty of better ones to choose from.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 8, 2012 12:02 PM BST

Fiskars Weed Puller
Fiskars Weed Puller

4.0 out of 5 stars User review, 21 April 2012
I bought this product after wife suggested it. I read all the positive reviews on Amazon and decided to go for it.
The product seems to be well made (time will tell) On the downside the tool DOES NOT fully remove deep rooted weeds
such as dandelions,it quite simply snaps the root, thus leaving a piece of root in to grow again. On other weeds with
less root (plantains for example) it works a treat[[ASIN:B0002TTRT4 Fiskars Weed Puller] worth the money?? Not sure yet
although I did remove a load of weeds in a very short time

HF-430i CD/MP3/USB/iPod/iPhone Micro HiFi System
HF-430i CD/MP3/USB/iPod/iPhone Micro HiFi System

1.0 out of 5 stars product research, 20 April 2012
Doing research on Amazon I came across this micro hi fi. However, not having been built for the UK market I dismissed it,as I do not want to use an adaptor plug for my hi fi. I want a unit built for the UK.

Lots of similar stuff on Amazon and many have the same problem - not built for the UK market - Keep searching

Trend Digital angle rule 200mm DAR/200
Trend Digital angle rule 200mm DAR/200
Offered by Tools4Trade

5.0 out of 5 stars DIY user review, 18 April 2012
Trend Digital Angle Rule 20cm TREDAR200
I bought this item after struggling to cut correct correct angles when fitting skirting boards and architrave into several rooms -- none of which had square corner anywhere.
I took heed of previous reviewers and I am not disappointed. The tool is well made and easy to use - recommended to others.

Page: 1 | 2