ARRAY(0xb61c9a08)

Profile for K. Perdue > Reviews

Content by K. Perdue

K. Perdue (Blackpool Lancs)

Page: 1 | 2
Once Upon a Time in the West -- Special Collector's Edition (2 discs) [DVD] [1969]
Dvd ~ Henry Fonda
Price: 5.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Best in Class, 5 Sep 2013
This has to be the best of the spaghetti western genre, with a Ennio Morricone score which is hauntingly evocative and adds greatly to the production.
Brilliant casting and I enjoyed seeing the enigmatic Henry Fonda playing the baddie, ably backed up by Jason Robards and the craggy Charles Bronson.
The beauty being provided by Claudia Cardinale.

A must watch western.

TRIXES 3.5mm Audio Headphone Splitter Cable Jack Lead Two Way
TRIXES 3.5mm Audio Headphone Splitter Cable Jack Lead Two Way
Offered by Digiflex
Price: 1.85

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality Product, 6 Jun 2013
Firstly be aware this comes from the Far East so expect a long long lead (excuse the pun) time. Lead has poor quality cabling and bulky connectors not impressed but due to the value can't be bothered to return item

Intelliplug - Desktop Version
Intelliplug - Desktop Version
Offered by Hoodmania
Price: 6.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, 8 Mar 2013
Use this to power off my monitor and attached external HD when I shutdown my desktop, so far has worked perfectly.

Intelliplug - Laptop version
Intelliplug - Laptop version
Offered by UK Surplus Central Ltd
Price: 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well with NAS drive, 8 Mar 2013
Wanted a plug that would power off an external HD attached to a NAS drive, and found this worked a treat, the desktop version dowsn't work as the power draw is insufficient to activate the slave sockets on the plug

I have also ordered another one of these to power off my BT infinity modem (which doesn't have an on/off switch) when I switch off my Netgear Router. (BT Home Hub is rubbish), I checked the plug would work by using my original plug.

Just remember to connect the USB lead (included) into the USB socket on the item which is master.

Buffalo AirStation N-Technology HighPower USB 2.0 Client Adapter
Buffalo AirStation N-Technology HighPower USB 2.0 Client Adapter
Offered by IvoryEgg Limited
Price: 14.92

5.0 out of 5 stars WiFi For Synology DS411j, 19 Sep 2011
I bought this product as it was one of the compatible wifi dongles listed for the Synology DS411j NAS server (ensure running DSM 3.2 on NAS) Synology DS411j 4-bay - No HDD - NAS Enclosure (No HDD Installed), plugged into the one of the USB ports on the back of the NAS and it was recognised straight away. Setup via Network settings was simple and connection to router made. NAS is now in the loft and working flawlessly.

Out To Sea
Out To Sea
Dvd ~ Jack Lemmon
Offered by The Happy Zombie
Price: 5.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Matthau/Lemmon doing what they did best, 20 Oct 2010
This review is from: Out To Sea (DVD)
Maybe not the best of the Matthau/Lemmon films but still very funny, as Walter Matthau gets straight man Jack Lemon into all sorts of trouble when he fools him into becoming a dance host on a cruise liner, in the hope of picking up a rich widow.

Bret Spiner's (Data in "Star Trek Next Generation")supporting role as host director trying to gain promotion and get Matthau to actually dance, is superb and shows off his comic side very well.

Again not as good as "The Odd Couple", but running alongside "Grumpy Old Men" and its' follow on "Grumpier Old Men" this film is well worth a watch

Belkin WIRELESS NOTEBOOK CARD * N1
Belkin WIRELESS NOTEBOOK CARD * N1
Offered by Digital Systems
Price: 12.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Belkin Notebook N1 Wireless Card, 5 Oct 2010
Item arrived in a box far too large for it, and on opening found the card lying in the box but not in an antistatic bag or any bag, no drivers disk which are required and no instructions. Not sure that this item hasn't been a returned item but definately not packaged like other computer equipment usually are.

Failed to be recognised under Windows 7, and when installed under Vista and required drivers which I downloded from the Belkin site.

Unable to check its full performance as the Belkin Router hasn't been delivered yet, but on a Sky Router (G protocol) very poor connection just 1 room away from from Router and best download was max 11Mps but mostly 2Mps, even placing laptop next to router didn't improve matters very much only got a fair connection and Max 54Mps but mainly 32Mbs or less.

So unless things improve with the Belkin N1 Router I won't be too impressed.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 9, 2011 3:16 PM BST

Targus Desktop USB 2.0 7-Port Hub with 3 AC Surge Protected Power Sockets - Hub - 7 x Hi-Speed USB - desktop

3.0 out of 5 stars Targus 7 Port Hub, 12 Jun 2010
This is quite a chunky 7 port hub but looks good, the three power sockets are handy and everything worked straight out of the box.

My only quibbles are that the wall desk mounting fittings on the back only allow it to be mounted power sockets up, which I can understand but the option to mount with the USB plugs uppermost would have been handy also.

There is no indications on the box or the manual as to which 2 USB sockets are always on.

Coolermaster Silent Pro 700W Modular PSU
Coolermaster Silent Pro 700W Modular PSU

5.0 out of 5 stars Is My PC On, 9 Jun 2010
Fitted this PSU without the rubber brackets as there was insufficient room inside the case, and they don't stay in place as you fiddle the PSU into place.

The fixed motherboard/CPU power leads will be plenty long enough for most cases.

I installed 1 PATA lead to supply power to the DVD ROM and 1 SATA lead for a total of 4 hard drives and there is now a lot more space within the case to aid cooling.

Following installation I switched my PC on and initially I thought nothing had happened, the PSU is so quiet.

I have used my PC for a number of apps and games and I hardly hear the PSU fan.

Excellent product - Highly Recommended

Zotac GeForce GTX 480 1536MB DDR5 PCI-E Graphics Card
Zotac GeForce GTX 480 1536MB DDR5 PCI-E Graphics Card

4.0 out of 5 stars Card was a little too big for my case, 9 Jun 2010
I new this card was big, but when I took it out of the box I was taken aback by its size.

I had to remove the motherboard speaker and change the SATA cables (to low profile ones) to fit the card, and I am unable to fully close the side panel as the connectors and cooling pipes are just too big, so I will have to change my case at some stage.

Graphically it is one excellent card and all my apps now run so smoothly.

In hind site a slightly smaller card would have been better but I wanted the fastest Nvidia.

To prospective purchasers double check that this card will fit otherwise go for it
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 1, 2011 8:55 PM GMT