Profile for J. P. Entwistle > Reviews

Content by J. P. Entwistle

J. P. Entwistle (Elswick)

War Torn the Cheiranthus Rush
War Torn the Cheiranthus Rush
by Ray McHugh
Price: 8.73

5.0 out of 5 stars A Cracking Read!!, 21 Sep 2009
I thoroughly enjoyed this novel. The narrative is divided largely between a German officer and a young English boy whose paths are destined to cross. Through these engaging and likeable characters, McHugh shows us the effect of war on peoples' lives regardless of which 'side' they are on. A moving, often sad but ultimately redemptive story about humanity and warfare.

Jamo I300W - iPod Speaker System - White
Jamo I300W - iPod Speaker System - White

5.0 out of 5 stars The Gold Standard, 12 Dec 2007
I've heard an awful lot of ipod speakers and i've bought quite a few!! These Jamos are miles better than anything else on the market. It's not fair to compare these to the ubiquitous Bose sounddock. This is in a different class. I'm by no means an 'audiophile' and I'm not going to bang on about soundstage, detail and all that malarkey. I'm just a music lover and this system sounds fabulous - comparable with my Onkyo player with KEF speakers. Do not hesitate to buy these speakers.

Live At Massey Hall 1971 (Cd + Dvd)
Live At Massey Hall 1971 (Cd + Dvd)
Price: 13.27

5.0 out of 5 stars !!!&%$$%* (Speechless), 21 Mar 2007
I can't think of much to say to try to describe how great this is. This, along with Rust Never Sleeps is the definitive Live NY. That a man can write songs like Bad Fog of Loneliness, Journey Through the Past and Love in Mind and not include them on studio albums sums up the quality of Neil's output in the early 70s. As regards performance; Neil Young's singing on this rips your heart out of your chest and breaks it into bits. Sobering stuff for anyone who thinks they can write or play music.