Profile for JoCee > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Anyone For Murder? And Other Crime Stories
Anyone For Murder? And Other Crime Stories

5.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining, 31 Oct. 2015
A short collection of Clever, witty and unpredictable short stories. A very enjoyable read and highly recommended for light reading

Fitflop Electra, Women Flat sandals, Brown (Bronze), 4 UK (37 EU)
Fitflop Electra, Women Flat sandals, Brown (Bronze), 4 UK (37 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous but buy a smaller size, 4 May 2015
I bought a pair of UK size 5 silver Fitflops about eight years ago. Although they've tramped all over the world with me, I can't wear them out and they're incredibly comfortable, but they always felt a little too big, (I'm shoe size UK 5.5). I decided I wanted another pair - exactly the same style but in a gold/bronze colour and so I took a chance and purchased a size 4 online. They fit perfectly. So, if you're thinking of buying a pair, it may be prudent to go for a size below what you really are.

Lucid Dreaming: New Perspectives on Consciousness in Sleep 2V (Practical and Applied Psychology)
by Ryan Hurd

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique. Highly Recommended., 11 Dec. 2014
I haven't finished reading these two amazing volumes yet - they're so packed full of new and exciting information. Like a good meal, I don't want to rush it. For some reason I've never been able to figure, I usually read mags and such things back to front, and these books are no exception. I started reading Vol 2 before Vol 1, so haven't got round to Vol 1 yet. As an example of the amazing stuff I've found so far in Vol 2: Chp 9 - 'Pathogenic Dreaming' brings up important points for discussion; a side of lucid dreaming that's usually dismissed. Together with Chp 4 it discusses cultural beliefs, marrying Shamanism and lucid dreaming beautifully and highlighting the potential power for good or ill in both. Chp 14 was particularly important for me as it describes the experience of light or 'brilliance' exactly the way I've experienced it on so many occasions - I've spent years swapping notes with other dreamers, trying to find someone who's had the same experiences - and failed until now. So, yes, I highly recommend this two volume publication - a bit pricey for private buyers but I'm sure you'll have no problem convincing the Finance Dept that it's an essential resource for your practice/research. There's nothing else like this on the market.

Karrimor Global Equator 70 Wheeled Suitcase Black/Pewter -
Karrimor Global Equator 70 Wheeled Suitcase Black/Pewter -

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty handle - beware, 26 Mar. 2014
I bought this a while ago from Go Outdoors (cost me £100) and used it infrequently for UK travel in a car, not public transport. On the third or fourth time I used it, the pull handle just came right out, leaving the casing inside the structure of the bag and not accessible. The handle is now useless and was the only reason I bought the bag in the first place. Karrimor want a fortune to repair it even though it looks like nothing's broken - something's just become displaced. No thanks. I won't be buying Karrimor products again.

Coaching Skills Training Course - Business and Life Coaching Techniques for Improving Performance Using NLP and Goal Setting

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, 1 Mar. 2014
Clear, concise information and helpful exercises. Useful for anyone, whatever their occupation - we all need these skills to achieve our goals.

Developing Your Assertiveness Skills and Confidence in Your Communication to Achieve Success, How to Build Your Confidence and Assertiveness to Handle Difficult Situations and People Successfully

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful book, 22 July 2013
I'm quite assertive anyway but in certain situations and with certain people, I do sometimes struggle to manage difficult encounters. This book will be my guiding light from now on.

Developing Your Influencing Skills: How to Influence People by Increasing Your Credibility, Trustworthiness and Communication Skills.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 22 July 2013
Useful, practical, informative. The information and exercises are set out clearly and succinctly. A really useful book that can be referred to as and when needed.

Lennon NYC [DVD]
Lennon NYC [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Lennon
Offered by The Canny Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 8 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Lennon NYC [DVD] (DVD)
Excellent DVD. Contains info/footage I'd not seen before. The legend lives on through films like this and this DVD is definitely one of the best.

Rice Dream Chilled Drink with Calcium , 1l
Rice Dream Chilled Drink with Calcium , 1l
Offered by BeautyBox Products UK

1.0 out of 5 stars How many cartons for this price??????, 7 May 2013
I buy this from Morrison's at £1.39 per litre carton! It's a great product. I'm assuming the price quoted here is for more than one carton but it doesn't say how many.

In His Own Write & A Spaniard in the Works
In His Own Write & A Spaniard in the Works
by John Lennon

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 5 Jan. 2013
Maybe not to everyone's taste but most definitely suits my off-the-wall humour. There are some wonderful pieces. Some, at first glance, may look like nonsense, but read them out loud until you find the right pronunciation that will put you on John's wavelength - then you'll be rolling round the floor laughing.

Page: 1 | 2