Profile for Nicola > Reviews

Nicola

Handcuffs with Key Plastic
Handcuffs with Key Plastic
Offered by GreatDeals4you

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value accessory for use with dressing up and children's ..., 13 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Handcuffs with Key Plastic (Toy)
Product as described and arrived within 48 hours of ordering. Great value accessory for use with dressing up and children's role play. They also have an easy to use quick release mechanism in case keys become lost.

Danger at the Dieselworks (Thomas & Friends (8x8))
Danger at the Dieselworks (Thomas & Friends (8x8))
by Wilbert Vere Awdry

1.0 out of 5 stars Danger at the Dieselworks - disappointing!, 17 July 2012
I bought this book expecting it to be different from Day of the Diesels story which we have on DVD. However, it is the same story, although much shorter and with less detail.

I've also noticed that the book contains American spellings. I'm thinking of returning it for this reason as I don't remember this being stated. I would also agree with another reviewer - the pages and cover are flimsy and of cheap quality.

Harvey to the Rescue (Thomas & Friends)
Harvey to the Rescue (Thomas & Friends)

3.0 out of 5 stars Harvey to the Rescue, 17 July 2012
Item described as 'used - like new', although it arrived with a mucky cover with a sticker on it. I would have expected the seller to it clean up & remove the sticker before dispatch. This said, it cleaned up well at home.

The book is best aimed at very young children, around 2 years old, with not too much text and a picture on alternate pages. The story is about the arrival on Sodor of Harvey the Crane Engine. Half of the book is about Harvey being craned onto the docks and the other engines discussing him being different from them because of his crane arm. The remainder is about Harvey rescuing a derailed Percy and his trucks.

I was a bit dissappointed that the story is actually just a simpler version of the 'Harvey' book from the Thomas and Friends series, rather than a brand-new story as I had thought. I'd thought this because my son has another book from the same series featuring a different character, where the story is completely different from the Thomas and Friends series.

Wild Republic Bucket Africa (33 Pieces)
Wild Republic Bucket Africa (33 Pieces)
Offered by Crackers Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware - vehicle not included!, 28 Feb. 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
We were given this zoo set as a birthday present. The animals are a bit naff and look v.cheap & plasticky. Also, the product illustration shows a yellow zoo vehicle. Having counted the pieces in our set, there are 33, so none are missing, so I guess the manufacturer has substituted it with another naff animal.

Topsy and Tim: Go on a Train
Topsy and Tim: Go on a Train
by Jean Adamson

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for young children, 6 Aug. 2011
My 2 year old son loves trains. We originally borrowed this book from the library and quickly discovered that it became one of his bedtime favourites, so we ended up buying it.

It's a lovely simple story about Topsy and Tim taking the train with their mum to visit their granny. It contains clear and colourful illustrations without too much wordy text to lose a toddler's interest. Needless to say, we've had to buy more Topsy & Tim books, all of which have been just as enjoyable.

Thomas and Friends Take-n-Play Track Pack Playset
Thomas and Friends Take-n-Play Track Pack Playset
Offered by OrchardCreekToys

4.0 out of 5 stars Great extension pack!, 6 Aug. 2011
We have one of the Take-n-Play sets and wanted some track to extend it. It does just that and clips together well. It also generally withstands a toddler knocking into it without coming apart as readily as a wooden track.

I'M Toys 02030 Monkey Drummer
I'M Toys 02030 Monkey Drummer

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made wooden toy, 25 Aug. 2010
This toy is really well made and prompted me to buy a few other musical instruments in this range. If you want to buy your toddler a mini drum, to introduce them to music, but don't want to have to wear earplugs, then this is the one to go for. It makes a pleasant sound, rather than the loud resonating sound produced by a traditional hollow drum. As the drumstick is attached, you don't waste time hunting for it in the toy box.

Prince Lionheart Adjustable Crib Rail Teether
Prince Lionheart Adjustable Crib Rail Teether

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time - unable to fit them, 25 Aug. 2010
We bought these as our cotbed does not have any teething rails and they seemed like the best ones available. However, apart from needing to purchase several packs, we couldn't actually fit them to the rails using the straps supplied even though our cotbed rails were within the dimensions stated on the packaging. The straps are too long and do not have enough holes & studs on them to allow for a secure fit to the rails. Will probably end up eBaying them.

Clippasafe Easy Wash Harness -Navy/Red
Clippasafe Easy Wash Harness -Navy/Red
Offered by TINASTOYS

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 25 Aug. 2010
The harness and reins are really versatile, not only for walking, but as they come with separate loop attachments, the harness can be securely attached to a chair or highchair that does not have any safety straps. We have found it so useful, not only for when we eat out, but when we go to friends'/relatives' houses and no highchair or booster seat is available. We have a Totseat, but sometimes forget to take it with us however, as the harness & reins take up so little space, we carry them in our changing bag all the time and have had a lot of use out of them so far. Well worth the money.

Teach Yourself Managing Your Toddler's Behaviour (TYG)
Teach Yourself Managing Your Toddler's Behaviour (TYG)
by Kelly Beswick

5.0 out of 5 stars Good all-rounder, 25 Aug. 2010
I'm generally pleased with this book, which I bought after borrowing a copy from the library. It contains some good tips for dealing with toddlers' behaviour that I have found helpful and useful so far. The book layout allows you to quickly look up topics and see key points, rather than having to wade through pages and pages of text to get to what you need.