Profile for Middymee > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Krups Expert GVX231 Burr Coffee Grinder
Krups Expert GVX231 Burr Coffee Grinder
Offered by Lakeland

5.0 out of 5 stars For this who say it does not grind fine enough for espresso, 26 Sept. 2014
Only had this grinder for 24hrs but already I'm massively impressed! For this who say it does not grind fine enough for espresso, I think you're being overly fussy. I have a tin of Illy espresso and have compared that to the finest grind, it is virtually identical. It is not as loud as I anticipated and don't think it will wake the entire house early in the morning! I have yet to dismantle and clean it so cannot comment on the ease of this. Overall I am extremely pleased and feel this is a bit of a bargain find!!

HP Pavilion G6-1325SA UK Keyboard Black
HP Pavilion G6-1325SA UK Keyboard Black
Offered by Online Laptop Batteries

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 Sept. 2014
Excellent item, works perfectly and took 5mins to fit!

The Art of Sugarcraft: Sugarpaste Skills, Sugar Flowers, Modelling, Cake Decorating, Baking, Patisserie, Chocolate, Royal Icing and Commercial Cakes (Squires Kitchen)
by Jennifer Kelly

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning investment!, 19 May 2014
Waited too long to purchase this book!! Everything you wan to know about cake decorating, sugar modelling, chocolate and commercial baking is in here. Although it does cover some beginner techniques, I would recommend this for the intermediate/advanced sugarcrafter. The sugar flower work for example features work by Alan Dunn and Paddi Clark, lots of chocolate work from Mark Tilling and royal icing from Eddie Spence. This book comtains tutorials from a who's who of the cake world. It is a substantial book and requires support when reading!! It is exceptionally well made, beautifully photographed and and absolute pleasure to read!

Debbie Brown's Baby Cakes: Adorable Cakes for Christenings, Birthdays and Baby Showers
by Debbie Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Just...amazing....., 13 May 2012
I think this book is well beyond my capabilities as I'm very much a novice. However, it is definately something to aspire to. The cakes are original and innovative with something for everyone. The photographs are stunning and the cakes themselves are flawlessly executed. I will just keep drooling over it until I dare attempt one :-)

The Birthday Cake Book
The Birthday Cake Book
by Fiona Cairns

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely recipes..., 13 May 2012
This review is from: The Birthday Cake Book (Hardcover)
I wasn't keen on Fiona's first book 'Bake & Decorate' so bought this quite prepared to return it. I find it difficult to believe that the woman who made & decorated Kate & Wills wedding cake decorated these cakes. The fondant work is decidedly shoddy with some rather bizarre decoration examples (what are the robots about??). However...the recipes are rather fabulous. The Lemony Meringue Cake is easy and absolutely delicious, plus it looks fabulous! I think you need to look at the cakes themselves rather than the decorations. This book is better thought of as a flavour source, NOT a decorating book.

Boutique Baking: Delectable Cakes, Cupcakes and Teatime Treats
Boutique Baking: Delectable Cakes, Cupcakes and Teatime Treats
by Peggy Porschen

5.0 out of 5 stars Peggy certainly doesn't disappoint!!!, 3 May 2012
What a fantastic book...simple recipes which are easily acheivable and require no obscure ingredients. Peggy recommends her own jams in some recipes...these are available on her website or they can just as easily be substituted with any jam. The whole book is flawlessly executed & well presented with pictures to accompany each recipe. There are the more adventurous cakes however, which will require some skill & more time (the Raspberry & Rose Dome Cake for example) but again, Peggy provides step by step pictures to help you. I would recommend this book for both the novice & more accomplished baker. I seriously can't wait to get stuck in!

Keep Calm and Carry on Midwife 11oz Mug
Keep Calm and Carry on Midwife 11oz Mug
Offered by Janine's

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!!, 13 Mar. 2012
Good quality mug which being a midwife, causes a few giggles when I'm at work!!!! Just wish there was a much bigger one!!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing :-/, 13 Mar. 2012
I was sooooo looking forward to receiving these...unfortunately they don't fit the S2 button properly at all. They fall off and move about too. I realise its a novelty item....it just doesn't do what its supposed to.

Tea with Bea: Recipes from Bea's of Bloomsbury
Tea with Bea: Recipes from Bea's of Bloomsbury
by Bea's of Bloomsbury

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!!, 10 Feb. 2012
This book is as fabulous as it looks. Beautifully photographed & presented, the recipes live up to the hype! There's a basic history for each recipe and an accompanying photograph. I particularly like the way Bea gives cake recipes and shows how you can mix and match bases & fillings to make different cakes. The scone recipe is the best I've ever tried...better than the reliable Paul Hollywood recipe I used to use!!! I'm now planning a trip to Bea's with my girls to sample the real thing!!

The Fabulous Baker Brothers
The Fabulous Baker Brothers
by Tom Herbert

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing..., 10 Feb. 2012
I bought this primarily for the bread recipes...but after that the book is frankly, disappointing. I don't really need a recipe for a BLT or a cooked breakfast...which is just that. No twists or tweaks, just a full English breakfast & BLT. Its the sandwich & toastie recipes that insulted me the most, if you need a recipe to make a BLT you shouldn't be in the kitchen!!! The rest of the recipes are basic at best, nothing new. If you're looking for bread recipes, I'd suggest 'Baking with Passion' instead.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3