Profile for A.Bedwell > Reviews

Bayan Audio 3 Speaker Dock - White
Bayan Audio 3 Speaker Dock - White
Offered by Electric Mania Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good product for the price, 27 Feb. 2014
This is a beautifully packaged product: in terms of build quality, it is difficult to fault. It feels very solid and well made, the finish is very nice. The same goes for the remote, very weighty and is well designed in terms of ergonomics.

The sound quality is generally good, the bass is strong and the low and mid frequency sounds are clear. Only above about 85/90% volume do some of the higher frequency sounds become a bit tinny and sometimes overwhelm the satellite. In this product's defence, some of my music quality varies in terms of bit rate, so if you download your music from YouTube converter or sites of similar nature, you might experience the same problem. Adjusting the treble does help this problem.
In terms of volume, however, it is very good; you can easily fill the first floor of a medium sized house with loud music, (probably enough to annoy the neighbours in the summer if you had the doors open).

I have owned other speaker systems, such as Harmon Kardon Soundsticks, and I can't say I could recommend them over these, especially in terms of price. However, they are in a sense a different product as this is an iPod dock and not a 2.1 system. Essentially, what I'm saying is if you are looking for speakers for general use, seriously consider this Bayan system as it really punches above its weight for the price.

Waterproof Underwater 4GB MP3 Music Player Swimming Water Blue + FM Radio
Waterproof Underwater 4GB MP3 Music Player Swimming Water Blue + FM Radio
Offered by Tcity

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly Surprised!, 27 Feb. 2014
Initially, I was quite sceptical about this item, primarily because of the price; and also because the grammar and general syntax in the manual and on the box is pretty terrible (read "bad english")...

However, in spite of this, this is probably the best £12 I have ever spent.
This little MP3 player is brilliant for swimming. It is so simple and really intuitive, and attaches to your goggles really easily. I found the headphones really uncomfortable at first, but the trick is to put them in while the inside of your ears are still dry and push them in really hard; and outside noise is totally isolated, and no water gets in your ears is an added bonus. The sound quality is excellent, especially bearing in mind what it costs.
In terms of putting music on, it is just like using a memory stick: simply drag and drop the files on My Computer.

I have found that I can swim further and actually concentrate more on my stroke when I use this, simply because I am not thinking about how out of breath I am/pain I'm in.
I cannot recommend this highly enough; it has massively exceeded my expectations.

Emporio Armani Men's Watch AR5890
Emporio Armani Men's Watch AR5890
Offered by MarkenTime

1.0 out of 5 stars Counterfeit, 16 Aug. 2013
The watch arrived and as soon as I opened the box, it broke. This struck me unusual as Armani usually produces watches of quality with packaging to match.
For this reason alone, I requested a refund and was granted one immediately, (it was bought as a gift so I could not present it if the box was broken)
Similarly, the watch did not contain a certificate of authenticity. (I have owned an Armani watch before, which I brought from an approved stockist) Which also leads me to belief it is definitely fake.

I do not recommend buying this watch from here, save the hassle and buy elsewhere.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 7, 2014 9:38 AM GMT