Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "oliveR" (UK)

The Talent Code: Greatness isn't born. It's grown
The Talent Code: Greatness isn't born. It's grown

5.0 out of 5 stars As a langauage teacher, I now see the neurogical background of language acquisition, 22 Aug. 2015
Even though I haven't finished reading it yet, I'm quite amazed with all the facts it presents about our neurogiacal system and how we build skills. I'm a language teacher and kind of a fan of Krashen's language aquisition theory (which for me is not just a theory). This book shows the biological background of all the recent findings on aquiring skills. Brilliant story-telling, well-founded presentation based on thorough research. Highly recommended.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, great feel, 25 Oct. 2013
This is a great product made of good quality fabric. It feels soft and very comfortable. Great wear even during the day.

Goliton® Professional 80cm Camera Video Track Slider Stabilization System for Camcorders SLR Cameras DSLR and DV Canon 5D Mark II / Nikon D7000 / Sony etc - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent slider for the pice, 25 Oct. 2013
Shooting videos, I bought this slider for my Canon 600D camera. Concerning the rods and legs, the slider is machined quite precisely. I am not absolutely satisfied with the smoothness of the sliding part, however. It has friction bearings in it which is why it tends to wobble if you're not performing the movement with great care. Even so, you can get used to it. I regularly apply some lubrication to the track to help smooth sliding. All in all, I definitely recommend it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 10, 2014 2:03 PM BST

11" CoolArm11 Articulating Magic Arm for LCD Field Monitor, DSLR Camera
11" CoolArm11 Articulating Magic Arm for LCD Field Monitor, DSLR Camera
Offered by 2012street

5.0 out of 5 stars Massive, sturdy product, 30 Nov. 2012
As a videographer, I need stands and arms to hold my lights. I needed something that is highly flexible but at the same time sturdy enough to reliably hold my light. I am using this product to hold an LED light that's serving as hairlight. Just as expected, I received a product that makes life a lot easier for me. Highly recommended. .

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Modified startch?, 21 Feb. 2011
I ordered this item but never used it as I prefer supplements that do not contain any modified ingredients. The list of ingredients says 'Modified starch'. It is an absolutely broad term (i.e. the origin of the plant is unidentified i.e. does it mean GMO or treated with chemicals? If so, what kind of chemicals? etc.) and thus, as for me, it is not worth the risk.

Get Rid of Your Accent: The English Pronunciation and Speech Training Manual
Get Rid of Your Accent: The English Pronunciation and Speech Training Manual
by Linda James

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Stuff, 21 Nov. 2009
I purchased the item about a month ago. The book is accompanied with two audio CDs. When I first looked at it, it looked too simple ... but don't let yourself misdirected due to the simple graphics. I have to say that THIS IS A GREAT STUFF.

If you want to have fun, consequent, all-round practise of the Standard British English (RP), this is the tool!

The actors on the CD are brilliant! The sound is built up very accurately: you start from the sound, then you practise words, then sentences and - in the last exercise - you have the opportunity to see a poem (!) filled with the specific sound. And this set of exercises takes no longer than a few minutes!

I can honestly recommend it.

oliveR