Profile for C. Harburn > Reviews

Content by C. Harburn

C. Harburn "Sleep-loving mum" (Reading, UK)

Horrid Henry: The Movie [DVD]
Horrid Henry: The Movie [DVD]
Dvd ~ Anjelica Huston
Price: 3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids love it!, 13 Dec 2012
My son (age 7.5yrs) always enjoyed the Horrid Henry books and he was not disappointed by the film - it has enough gross bits and is fairly true to the books. My daughter is only 4 years old and has not yet heard the stories, but she loves the movie too. So 5 stars from both of them!

Applique for Little Ones: Over 40 Special Projects to Make for Children: Uncomplicated, Fun and Truly Unique!
by Sylvie Blondeau
Price: 12.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and inspiring, 3 Aug 2011
I have a 3 year old daughter and wanted to try making a few "heirloom" pieces for her to (hopefully) cherish for years to come, as well as refurbing a few over-loved and hand-me-down toys. I first saw this book in a local craft shop and on flicking through was instantly captivated by the beautiful, unique, inspiring photos. I eventually bought the book hoping that the projects would be achievable to a novice and, thanks to clear instructions and diagrams, I have not been disappointed. I am almost finished making a gorgeous cushion and it looks great - very similar to the pictures - and I have already ear-marked my next few projects. I also now feel confident to try a few of my own pieces to refurb my old dolls crib for my daughter. I hope she has half the fun playing with these items as I will making them. Lovely, inspiring book!

Meet Me at Mike's: 26 Fun and Crafty Projects
Meet Me at Mike's: 26 Fun and Crafty Projects
by Pip Lincolne
Price: 15.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea!, 13 July 2011
I read all the rave reviews of this book and thought I was buying an amazing book chock-full of inspirational crafts for me to get stuck into. Not so! I was so disappointed when it arrived :-( Most of the projects are totally bizarre, unappealing and have no use whatsoever. So I returned the book and bought a lovely book called "Applique for Little Ones" by Sylvie Blondeau and am currently making a beautiful patchwork cushion for my daughter. Happy at last!

Brit Guide Disneyland Resort Paris 2010-2011 (Brit Guides)
Brit Guide Disneyland Resort Paris 2010-2011 (Brit Guides)
by Simon Veness

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for planning your trip of a lifetime, 15 Feb 2011
Having just booked our first ever family trip to Disneyland Paris, with two young children to organise, I was hoping to get as much information beforehand on the size and layout of the park, which rides are suitable for my children, shows and parades and any tips that Disneyland-virgins like us might benefit from.
The book is very comprehensively laid out and it would be easy to dip into the sections that interest you, without having to read the whole thing. The sections are well organised and readable and there are loads of easy-to-spot tips that will save us time, money and (hopefully) tantrums. In addition, the book gives great information (and encouragement) for those of us who are also planning to venture outside the park and into Paris itself.
Overall, great for pre-trip preparation and the perfect size to carry in your pocket when you actually arrive in Disneyland Paris.