Profile for Derri > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Harry Potter Movie Prop Gringots Movie Coin Collection
Harry Potter Movie Prop Gringots Movie Coin Collection
Offered by Blyme

5.0 out of 5 stars ... she is a massive Harry Potter fan and she loved it. She was actually speechless, 20 Mar. 2016
I bought this for a friend for her 21 Birthday as she is a massive Harry Potter fan and she loved it. She was actually speechless. The coins themselves are well made and presented well in the box. The box like others have said isn't the most sturdy thing but it held up well in transportation and acts like a well made display case, even if the actually feel quality isn't overly spectacular. The coins do have quite a weighted feel to them and the detail is spectacular.

Overall 5 stars due to how perfect this can be for any Harry Potter fan.

Collins Desk A4 Day to a Page Mid Year Diary for 2015/16 - Blue
Collins Desk A4 Day to a Page Mid Year Diary for 2015/16 - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product., 5 Nov. 2015
I required a diary for a new job I started in recently and required a diary that would see me the rest of this year and into the next. While I do believe the price was a little steep, its fantastic quality. The paper is thick so you don't see your writing on the other side and and the cover is quite thick, protecting the pages from any drops or knocks. It has multiple pages for notes, telephone numbers and has a calendar spanning each two pages for easy of access to dates.

As always speedy delivery with Amazon and item arrived looking like I had just picked it up off the shelf in a store, no damage, not even the corners of the product looked like they took a scuff. Multiple colours available (I chose blue). Overall fantastic.

If anyone has any questions then feel free to ask and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Dishonored: The Definitive Edition (PS4)
Dishonored: The Definitive Edition (PS4)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value for those who haven't played the game or bought the DLC on PS3. Otherwise, don't waste your money., 3 Nov. 2015
Dishonored: The Definitive Edition is somewhat misleading title in the sense the definitive is supposed to mean better, above all standard. However this title isn't really that. Is it slightly better than the PS3 version? Yes, the graphics have been bumped up to 1080p meaning its slightly better looking. However because they've left a few key issues, the port overall feels lazily done. For example the frame rate is still a bit wonky and still not even keeping at a solid 30 FPS. The textures of some areas are low resolution and it doesn't feel very polished.

The games value comes in spades when you think of the PS3 game purchase + all the DLC and for £20 this is a steal, especially if you never bought any the DLC before on PS3 or have never played the game.

I think what's missing is that if we compare to other remastered games from PS3 to PS4 you can tell a lot of work has went into improving the game. For example The Last of Us Remastered pulled the game from 30 frames per second to 60 and put the resolution up to 1080p and also other games like Tomb Raider Definitive Edition has done similar things with the graphics including new character models and adjustments to the game overall.

Dishonored: The Definitive Edition hasn't done anything really other than slap some polish to make it 1080p and included all the DLC on disc. Overall I think its good value for money if you've never played the game or you've never bought the DLC on PS3. Otherwise its somewhat of a waste of money.

Hiker Belt Made in USA by Thomas Bates (Black)
Hiker Belt Made in USA by Thomas Bates (Black)
Offered by Thomas Bates Designs

3.0 out of 5 stars Faulty Product, broke after first use., 18 Oct. 2015
I got this belt and on the first day I used it, it broke on me, the catch which tightens and holds the belt in place fell off. I assume I got perhaps a faulty or badly designed belt. I will therefore be getting a refund and then possibly considering purchasing another one. I'll happily update this review to a positive review when I purchase a new one after being refunded.

As a quick note: The belt does feel good while wearing it and if you're like me who has to go through a metal detector every day, then its great as you don't have to take off your belt.

Mad Max (PS4)
Mad Max (PS4)
Offered by 101Trading

3.0 out of 5 stars Good looking game but tired and repetitive gameplay and mechanics!, 18 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Mad Max (PS4) (Video Game)
Mad Max is a good looking game which obviously is loosely based on the film series, most recently the newest film in the series. Your objective overall is to build a car and get to where Mad Max needs to be.
The problem that Mad Max faces is the lack of depth in gameplay. Now before I get into the problems. I'll praise that vehicle combat is fantastic, whether its taking down convoys, random cars or in missions, the combat is fun in cars.

Furthermore the depth of car customization and things you do to your car and Max in terms of upgrades is really cool.
The story is passable, as someone who isn't really interested in the Mad Max franchise, it was passable for me. I did however wish there was more character diversity like the films have but I suppose that's personal opinion.

Now I'll get onto the bad about the game. The game is very repetitive. I mean you have very little in the way of diversity. Quite often you'll spend time pulling down towers and lowering gang influence or clearing out strongholds. Its fun but gets old fast, considering how many of these mini tasks are on the map. Normally this doesn't bother me but it really does halt the progression of the story so you can't exactly ignore them.
The hand to hand combat is a reused system from more recent titles such as Batman Arkham Knight and games like Shadow of Mordor and even Assassins Creed series. Its basically punching square and triangle at the relevant moments.

The problem isn't the system but the lack of depth, in games like Shadow of Mordor, Assassins Creed and Batman, you can do multiple moves, stealth, use different weapons and the combat is more tactical, Mad Max doesn't have this. Now the other issue is that most of the combat takes place on foot and not car so you can't really say that car combat is primary. If it was more car combat focused then that would have been fine, but its not.

The other issue is that car combat can be avoided, if you get out your car and doge the enemies car a few times, they stop, get out of their vehicle and then you can kill them and take their car for scrap.
So you don't even have to level your car to be proficient at eliminating tougher opponents.
Overall the game would have been better if you didn't have so much repetitive combat, repetitive tasks and was much more focused on car combat than ground combat.

No Stink Shoe Deodoriser
No Stink Shoe Deodoriser
Offered by UK Martial Arts & Fitness Distribution

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product for Stinking Shoes, 18 Oct. 2015
This review is from: No Stink Shoe Deodoriser (Misc.)
As someone who is walking and standing most of the day at work, I find any trainers that I wear start to smell really bad, especially because I tend to buy memory foam shoes which can start to smell bad after a few uses. These work by removing moisture and odour within the shoe and leaving behind a pleasant lemon smell. Note: The smell is not perfumery so it won't smell strong. Instead it makes your shoe smell fresh, as if you've just bought it.

I use them every night after work and so far, excellent results.

TekBox® Digital LCD Magnetic Kitchen Cooking Timer / Counts Down and Up / Includes Clip for Clothing / Available in Red, Pink and Blue (Red)

3.0 out of 5 stars Purchased a second time, this time beeper isn't as loud., 28 Sept. 2015
We originally bought this Kitchen Timer as the one on our cooker wasn't very loud. We got this and found it was loud enough to be heard throughout the house. We purchased a second one after our other one got knocked off the kitchen counter and broke when it hit the floor thinking it would be the same. Sadly while the products are identical, this time the beeper isn't as loud and if you're upstairs you do struggle to hear it a little.

If I had done a review when the original one was purchased I'd have given this review 5 stars but because the second one we purchased isn't as loud, even thought its the same product I'm going to have to rate this only three stars.

Manicare Extra Strong Straight Nail Scissors
Manicare Extra Strong Straight Nail Scissors

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Nail Scissors and Well Made Product., 28 Sept. 2015
After using nail clippers and finding I couldn't get an even shape, I decided to get some nail scissors and looking around I saw these were quite highly rated. Product came and I found they work wonders in cutting your nails. For those questioning the products materials, I believe I got the right product, stainless steel and we keep them in the bathroom and steam has gotten to them and so far no rusting and we've had these for a couple weeks now.

Overall excellent product.

ORB Controller Thumb Grips 4-Pack (PS4)
ORB Controller Thumb Grips 4-Pack (PS4)
Offered by total digital stores

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product!, 28 Sept. 2015
I bought these orginally because I wasn't the biggest fan of the dual shock 4 controller analog stick design. I felt your thumbs would slip off of them really easily. So I decided to investigate what was out on the market that would provide grip or comfort. I came across these and saw the price and decided to pick them up. Now I should state I've been using these for well over a year now and I've only chosen to replace my existing pair because one came off and my cat got to it so they do last a long time.

The dotted cap reminds me of the dual shock 3 controller a little and adds minimal height. The other pair add height and actually allow you to better move the analog sticks.

Overall I'd say this product is great and I'd recommend them to anyone who either doesn't like the existing analog stick rubber design and wants something else or maybe the analog stick rubber is coming off and you don't want to drop £40 for a new controller.

Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare (Playstation 4)
Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare (Playstation 4)
Offered by Incredible savings

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun, Refreshing Gameplay, Fantastic Graphics, Crazy Game, 22 Aug. 2014
Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare is a tactical third person shooter with a twist, the game is crazy with multiple customization options. Many people have described this game as 'CoD for Kids' and to an extent this game is marketed towards a young crowd but me personally being in my very late teens I personally like the game and actually find it a refreshing taste from the usual shooters that plague the market today. Its surprisingly very tactical and you do have to think about how to deal with specific situations and choose your characters wisely.

The game runs at a native 1080p and with 60 FPS which is a great accomplishment on console as most games out currently only run at 1080p with 30 FPS.

The game has several modes:

Welcome Mat, a simple Team Death Match style designed for new players to get a feel for the game (doesn't have character customization or new types)
Regular Team Vanquish
Vanquish Confirmed a Kill Confirmed Style game where you have to collect orbs once you've vanquished an opponent
Gnome Bomb - Enemies fight for a Gnome Bomb to destroy each others garden or Tombstone.
Gardens and Graveyards - Plants defend against zombies who must try and capture the bases
Suburbination - A new game mode launching soon on PS4 (at the time of writing this review)
Mixed Mode - Your typical Moshpit with multiple game modes
The game also offers 'classic modes' which is basically the starting plants with zero customization.

The game also features a co-op mode called: Garden Ops where plants must plant a garden and defend the garden against several waves of AI zombies and the occasional boss.

The game is also very balanced as no class is above another. However as it is a tactical shooter, some do better in some situations than others. I won't list all character types but you have a character for all situations.

Overall plants vs zombies is an amazing third person shooter that brings a refreshing change to all the shooters you see today. I'd suggest anyone pick this game up, who is looking for a new game and a break from the traditional shooters as this game is a 100% Crazy. I'll happily answer any questions, just leave a comment on this review and I'll get back to you ASAP.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 8, 2014 6:11 AM GMT