Profile for Mr. D. N. Sumption > Reviews

Content by Mr. D. N. Sumption

Mr. D. N. Sumption (Sheffield, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
LEGO 41101 Friends Heartlake Grand Hotel
LEGO 41101 Friends Heartlake Grand Hotel

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours, days, weeks, months of fun ahead!, 28 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a spectacular and BIG Lego kit. It took me and my 13 year-old daughter an hour or two to put together (I'm sure she could have done it on her own - though younger kids will need help - but I really wanted to get involved, and enjoyed the build every bit as much as her). The finished product is a spectacular hotel for playing with, including fun features like a working lift, and accessories like play figures and a taxi. A couple of things I particularly liked about this kit: one is that a lot of it is made up of fairly standard Lego pieces, meaning you can take it apart and use the pieces to make many other buildings (or other constructions) of your own design. The other thing I liked is that, although the design is slightly "girly", Lego have kept things subtle enough that this can appeal to children of either sex and of any gender.

Oral-B Pro Vitality Plus Cross Action Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
Oral-B Pro Vitality Plus Cross Action Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush

5.0 out of 5 stars ... and both are similarly high-quality products which do a great job of leaving my teeth feeling really clean, 28 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the second Oral-B electric toothbrush I've reviewed and both are similarly high-quality products which do a great job of leaving my teeth feeling really clean, right down to the gums. This is a fairly no-frills model, but the brushing works just as well as with the more expensive version I tried, and it holds a charge for a fairly long while, so although I keep mine on the charging stand when I'm at home, it's fine to take with me when I go away for a few days.

Taylors of Harrogate Espresso Coffee Capsules Nespresso Compatible Colombian Huila (Pack of 6, Total 60 Capsules)

4.0 out of 5 stars they fit fine but seem to take a little longer than other ..., 22 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These capsules are very attractively packaged, layed out in a swish cardboard box, and unlike some other coffee capsules they do not have a secondary wrapper around them. Inside my Nespresso machine, they fit fine but seem to take a little longer than other capsules to let the water through - it trickles out in a thinner stream than usual, but the result is rich tasting coffee. They are towards the middle of the strength scale - not as punchy as some of the espresso blends, but with a deep nutty flavour which I found rather tasty.

Easysmx Carbon Fiber Selfie Stick 5-In-1 Self-portrait Monopod Extendable Selfie Stick with built-in Bluetooth Remote Shutter And Adjustable Grip Holder For and Tripod Stand and Zoom In/Out Button For Samsung, iPhone 6 6 Plus, Android Smartphones (Black)
Offered by EASYSMX

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, but rotates a bit too easily, 15 Jun. 2015
I have been using this with my phone - a Google Nexus 6, which is pretty large but still just small enough to fit within the clamp. The selfie stick is a lot of fun to play with, and helps me take photos from interesting angles which I would not otherwise have been able to reach. Also, the "wand" appearance is kind of fun! However I have a couple of problems with it: firstly, there seems to be nothing to stop the telescopic sections from rotating. This means that, as my phone is rather heavy, I have to hold it very carefully otherwise the whole thing flips upside-down and becomes useless. This has made it impossible to reach some of the angles I would have liked to. Secondly, the bluetooth connection in the wand, while very clever, seems to act as a keyboard (at least on Android 5.1.1). This meant that, once I had taken a picture, I could not then type in comments about the picture until I had turned off or otherwise disconnected the bluetooth connection to the wand. I could not even go into Android's system settings and choose another keyboard - the bluetooth wand seemed to take precedence over all others.

Philips GC2086/30 EasySpeed Plus Cordless Steam Iron with Compact Smart Charging Base, 2400 Watt, Purple

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, 6 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I must admit, the recharging base sounded to me like a bit of a gimmick - it only gives the iron enough charge to operate for around 20 seconds, and then you need to return the iron to charge for another 6 seconds - which isn't long, but I could see myself twiddling my thumbs waiting valuable seconds waiting for it to recharge. However in practice, at least with ironing shirts, this worked fairly well - each charge gives you enough time to iron a section of the shirt, and the recharge time is about right for moving the shirt from one position to another. I'm not sure whether it would work so well on something large and flat, e.g. sheets. Aside from the recharge function, the iron is beautifully designed, with a ceramic plate that glides effortlessly over fabrics, and an automatic steam function which makes easy work of all but the toughest creases. There is a transparent water reservoir, so you can see when it needs refilling, and even a descale function, which admittedly living in a soft water area I have yet to try.

Taylors of Harrogate Espresso Coffee Capsules Nespresso Compatible Brazilian Yellow Bourbon (Pack of 6, Total 60 Capsules)

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent strong espresso, 5 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These 60 coffee capsules come attractively packaged in 6 cardboard boxes, each containing 10 capsules. There is no additional wrapping around the capsules as with some brands - so less waste. On inserting it into my machine and making a coffee, I was surprised that the water seemed to trickle through a lot slower than with other capsules, meaning that it took longer to make. The resulting drink was pretty good though - a little stronger than I normally drink, but still with some complex nutty-caramel flavours detectable.

Taylors of Harrogate Espresso Coffee Capsules Nespresso Compatible Kenya Heirloom (Pack of 6, Total 60 Capsules)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful flavours, 5 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These coffee capsules come attractively packaged in cardboard boxes of ten, with no additional packaging around individual capsules - this did not seem to affect the freshness of the coffee, and is a nice change from the wasteful packaging of some coffee capsules. The coffee itself is relatively mild - not for those who like rocket fuel first thing in the morning - but the depth and variety of flavours was really wonderful. It starts off with the fruity berry-like aroma which I love about so much East African coffee, moving on to a treacly sweetness, and finishing off with a pleasant bitter tang.

Second Nature Adult Turkey and Rice Hypoallergenic Complete Dry Dog Food, 12 kg
Second Nature Adult Turkey and Rice Hypoallergenic Complete Dry Dog Food, 12 kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality dry food, 4 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I can't make any comment on the hypoallergenic nature of this dog food - our terrier eats anything and everything that's put in front of her and (smell aside) seems to suffer few adverse side-affects. However, the ingredients list looks good, it's well packaged, and the dog loves it, so thumbs up from me!

Purina ONE My Dog Is Active Chicken and Rice Dry Dog Food, 800 g (Pack of 4)
Purina ONE My Dog Is Active Chicken and Rice Dry Dog Food, 800 g (Pack of 4)

3.0 out of 5 stars Large wheat content, 4 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Our little terrier certainly loved this food, although given some of the stuff she eats off the street, that's hardly a guarantee of quality. I'm a bit concerned about the quality of some of the ingredients though - one of the major ingredients is wheat, which surely has no role as part of a dog's diet, and other ingredients on the list seemed equally dubious. Good sturdy packaging though and nicely presented.

Rexel Advance A4 2 Pocket Divider - Multicolour (Pack of 15)
Rexel Advance A4 2 Pocket Divider - Multicolour (Pack of 15)

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy dividers for multiple purposes, 31 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are really good quality folder-style dividers: each one wraps around its A4 contents, with pockets inside into which you can put additional loose material. They are made from tough plastic, and look good for many years use, The exterior is write-on wipe-off with, the instructions claim, any pen or pencil - I tried adding comments with a biro: it wrote relatively easily and, although it was a little tough to remove, I did manage to get the surface clear afterwards. They're a little on the pricey side compared to regular dividers, but if you want something long-lasting and with the added ability to hold small amounts of loose-leaf material, then these are ideal.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20