Profile for Mr. D. N. Sumption > Reviews

Content by Mr. D. N. Sumption

Mr. D. N. Sumption (Sheffield, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Braun TS755 Iron, 2400 Watt, White/ Blue
Braun TS755 Iron, 2400 Watt, White/ Blue
Price: 69.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth, strong, reliable iron., 21 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Like most people, I'm no fan of ironing. But with this iron... well, it's still ironing, but it's just a little bit easier than with other ones I've had to use in the past. It heats up quickly, glides smoothly over fabrics, and is surprisingly easy to get into even the most niggly little collars and corners. It holds a decent amount of water, and the steam function does a good job on hard-to-remove creases. There's even an auto switch-off function for doofuses like me who are inclined to forget to unplug it after use. If I could change one thing on it, it would be to have a longer cable - 2.5m is not too shabby, but I would like to be able to use it a bit further away from the wall socket.

Trunki PaddlePak Water-Resistant Backpack - Pinch the Lobster (Red)
Trunki PaddlePak Water-Resistant Backpack - Pinch the Lobster (Red)
Price: 16.80

4.0 out of 5 stars You know, for kids!, 3 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It should be obvious from the product description, but this is a product for kids. Small ones. Still, that didn't stop my 18 year-old daughter from wanting one. It is too small for her, though she still uses it, because she loves it. The design is very attractive and it's well built, hopefully well-enough that any toddler bought one will be able to carry on using it until they can only do so ironically. Great backpack! For kids.

Rio Quick Waxer
Rio Quick Waxer
Price: 26.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Expensive and not great, 3 July 2014
This review is from: Rio Quick Waxer (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this for my wife, and after a couple of uses she has already abandoned it as it is not very useful. It holds only a small amount of wax, and takes several minutes to warm up. Suitable only for waxing very small areas (e.g. eyebrows), and it works OK for these, but for the price it hardly seems worthwhile.

Colour Deconstructed
Colour Deconstructed
by Tricia Guild
Price: 20.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful inspiration, 18 Jun 2014
This review is from: Colour Deconstructed (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book is something of an oddity - in everything from the content to the way it is produced (large sheets stitched between thick board, making a binding that is very easy to lay out flat). I got it as inspiration for my wife & myself in decorating our house, and it certainly didn't disappoint. It takes you on a journey through different colours and colour combinations, all of the way featuring lush photographs of both rooms decorated using these colours and a sort of mood board of related imagery. Text scattered throughout offers a bit of insight into the colour choices and how they work together, but the star of the book are really the photos and the way they compliment and contrast one another as you progress through the book.

Linksys 8 Port SMB Desktop Gigabit Unmanaged Network Switch
Linksys 8 Port SMB Desktop Gigabit Unmanaged Network Switch
Price: 29.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, small and solid., 18 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this to replace a 4-port switch, and setting it up was simplicity itself - just plug and play. Really nice that, unlike previous switches I've owned, you don't need a crossover cable to connect the switch to the rest of the network - it auto-detects the connection and acts as appropriate. Very little more to say as, well, it just works!

NOCO BLSOLAR2 Solar Battery Charger
NOCO BLSOLAR2 Solar Battery Charger

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, though not very powerful, 6 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This charger is easy to hook up to your vehicle, via cigarette lighter or direct to the battery. It's fairly small & low-powered, so I don't think it would provide an awful lot of backup power if you were planning on using it for a long time, but I found I was able to run low-powered electrical items without appreciably draining the car battery.

Staedtler Karat 2420 C36 Oil Pastels - Assorted Colours (Pack of 36)
Staedtler Karat 2420 C36 Oil Pastels - Assorted Colours (Pack of 36)
Price: 15.30

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, simple to use., 6 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'd not used oil pastels before trying this set, but these have really got me excited about the possibilities of this style of drawing. The quality & packaging is what you would expect from a company with the reputation of Staedtler, and the pastels themselves are easy and clean to use, and produce great results, especially on high quality art paper.

Corsair CH-9000042-EU Raptor M30 Performance 4000 DPI Optical Gaming Mouse
Corsair CH-9000042-EU Raptor M30 Performance 4000 DPI Optical Gaming Mouse
Price: 32.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for games, and a pretty good all-round mouse, 6 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The ergonomic design of this mouse felt really comfortable in my hand, and the mouse itself looked and felt like a real quality product. The basic button positioning was fine, but I found the scroll-wheel a little harder to use than some other ergonomic mouses (mice?) that I've owned in the past. When playing games with it, the ability to change the mouse speed on-the-fly occasionally came in handy, but I did tend to find that - in my panic to find the right button - I'd sometimes get carried away and accidentally push on a bunch of things which I shouldn't have. Hopefully this will improve as I spend more time getting used to the mouse. All in all it seems a quality product.

Corsair CA-9011125-EU Vengeance 2100 USB Wireless Dolby 7.1 Comfortable Gaming Headset - Gunmetal Grey
Price: 94.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy, great sound, bit bassy for my liking, 6 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I found these headphones pretty easy to set up (on Windows 7), and the sound quality is great - although a bit bassy for my liking (as seems to be the fashion these days). Great for those eardrum-shaking kill-shots, perhaps not so good for enjoying a wide range of music, although they still top many other headphones I've tried for music performance, and the wireless range makes them great for wondering around the house. The flip-up on/off microphone is another great feature which I've found very handy.

NOCO G3500UK Genius Smart Battery Charger
NOCO G3500UK Genius Smart Battery Charger
Price: 28.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems to have thought of everything, 24 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very nicely designed battery charger. It's way, way smaller than my previous charger, and also cuts out once the battery is charged - very useful, as I managed to completely fry a previous car battery by forgetting it was charging in the cellar and then, several days later, discovering it there leaking acid and gas. No such problems with the NOCO. The number of safety features, LED indicators, and supplied accessories makes me think that the manufacturers have considered pretty much everything. My only small niggle is that the power cable could have been a bit longer, but as I'll usually be using this on an extension cable, that's not a big problem.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13