Profile for P. Long > Reviews

Fade To Grey: The Best Of
Fade To Grey: The Best Of
Price: 3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Mind of Visage, 25 Aug 2013
I am really pleased with this CD because I can finally listen to the original 12" versions of Mind of A Toy and Fade to Grey on 1 CD, I used to have the Mind of a Toy remix when I was at school and haven't heard it in years. The other songs (apart from We Move) are edited album tracks, and the sound quality throughout is OK for my stereo. All we need now is a CD full of all the Visage remixes.

Mesh W Magazine Rack-Silver
Mesh W Magazine Rack-Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice design and holds lots of magazines, 21 July 2013
I used to have a stright upright rack, but it made all of my magazines curl up and bend. However, this rack because it is angled solves that problem and it is very well designed in metal so that it will last a long time.

Metadelic
Metadelic
Offered by jim-exselecky
Price: 7.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Metayetagain, 10 Jun 2013
This review is from: Metadelic (Audio CD)
How many times do they want us to keep buying the same old songs time and time again with a few familiar add-ons? For instance, I've already bought the original studio version of Europe After The Rain 6 times over - the 7" single, 12" single, on The Garden LP, The Garden cassette, The Garden CD and The Garden remastered delux CD. Why would I want to buy it yet again? And the same goes for all the others that we've all already got.
There is no point in buying this set, unless you want to hear the radio shows of songs that John Foxx now hates because he now prefers to be cold and emotionless like he was in 1980. And I've seen the videos before too on YouTube and his MySpace page.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 17, 2013 6:41 PM GMT

Les Chants Magnetiques
Les Chants Magnetiques
Price: 13.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Uplifting and relaxing, 29 Aug 2012
This review is from: Les Chants Magnetiques (Audio CD)
I had heard some of these many years ago on a cassette of 'the best of' and it is really good to have them on CD in a remastered form that makes use of 24-bit technology. The sound of this album has dated, but that is only because synthesizers have developed a lot since then. The final chant reminds me of Sheffield's singer/songwriter John Shuttleworth, because of Jarre's choice of drum machine, so that is a bit of (unintended) fun.
Seriously, there is much to like about this album and it is well worth buying.

Lonsdale Medicine Ball Multi Medium
Lonsdale Medicine Ball Multi Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars 3kg Medicine Ball, 25 July 2012
I am very pleased with this medicine ball it will help me get fit at home when I'm not at the gym. The ball is very well made and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to get in shape. The shop is very reliable with good p+p.

Sergeant Ryker [DVD]
Sergeant Ryker [DVD]
Dvd ~ Lee Marvin

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't judge by its cover, 23 Jun 2012
This review is from: Sergeant Ryker [DVD] (DVD)
Judging by the cover artwork I thought I'd be getting an action packed war film, when in fact what I got was a courtroom drama. Still a very good film though and Lee Marvin is great in the leading role.

The Magnificent Thad Jones (Rudy Van Gelder Edition)
The Magnificent Thad Jones (Rudy Van Gelder Edition)
Price: 7.21

5.0 out of 5 stars April in Paris with Thad, 26 May 2012
I was delightfully surprised by Thad's version of "April in Paris", thinking it would be very uptempo and quite fast, when it turned out to be very soul searching stuff indeed. The entire album has, for the most part, this same feel to it which makes it all ideal to relax to as well as concentrate on what is musically going on. Thad also played a part in Count Basie's big band, which you can hear courtesy of Essential Jazz Classics on "Chairman of The Board" and on "Battle Royal" with Duke Ellington's big band playing alongside Count Basie.

Wing And A Prayer [DVD]
Wing And A Prayer [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dana Andrews
Offered by Global_Deals
Price: 4.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Wing and A Prayer, 23 May 2012
This review is from: Wing And A Prayer [DVD] (DVD)
I really enjoy war films set in WW2, especially those at sea. This is a very very good film, the combat scenes do take quite a long while to happen because of the nature of the carrier's orders but there is plenty of actual footage and the story of the mission is very revealing in the history of what led up to Midway. Very worthwhile buying.

Flaming Star [DVD]
Flaming Star [DVD]
Dvd ~ Elvis Presley
Offered by qualityfilmsfromuk
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Star, 14 April 2012
This review is from: Flaming Star [DVD] (DVD)
I wasn't quite sure that Elvis would work well in a Western as opposed to a musical, but my doubts soon vanished as I watched this film. I have many Westerns on DVD and will definately be playing this one again, it's a very enjoyable film and Elvis is exeptionally good.

Perdido
Perdido
Price: 12.87

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, 3 Mar 2012
This review is from: Perdido (Audio CD)
Unfortunately at nearly 5 minutes in on the first track there are sounds of a scratched record going thud thud pop crackle as the record spins around while it is transfered onto a digital master. I was very disappointed by this as I have been very pleased with other CDs by the same label, but now I will avoid them just in case this happens again. A much better recording of Johnny Hodges is "Passion Flower" on SPV Blue, though the music is from a few years prior to this CD's tracks there are no signs of the old records being very badly damaged. This Fresh Sound Records CD is for completists and collectors only.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4