Profile for Lord Manley > Reviews

Kitchen Craft Cookie Cutter - Gingerbread Girl, 5 cm
Offered by BuySend Limited
Price: 2.19

1.0 out of 5 stars Pathetic., 28 Jun 2013
Really awful item - the size is given as 2", which is the longest diagonal - so it is about the size of my thumb. Given that it is that small, it would not seem unreasonable to expect it to be manufactured in a manner rather stronger than tissue-paper.

Okay, so I exaggerate, but a simple act, such as 'picking it up off the table' is enough to bend it out of shape.

Sad to say it is not up to the job - I could not even use it once, it went straight in the bin.

Mountfield SP414 15" Petrol 4-Wheel Self-Propelled Rotary Lawnmower
Mountfield SP414 15" Petrol 4-Wheel Self-Propelled Rotary Lawnmower

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the price., 28 Jun 2013
I have always had rather better mowers and really awful ones - A good one for the main mow and a tiny one for occasional trimming - this was cheap and the cut and engine are superb.

I was initially put off by the plastic body, but I really wonder whether I ever needed the other mowers - I only use this one now.

No roller is a downside, but I knew that when I bought it.

Euro Cylinder Thumb Turn (50mmx40mm) - Chrome - ANTI-PICK ANTI-DRILL High Security uPVC Door Lock Cylinder Barrel
Offered by Home Secure
Price: 14.99

3.0 out of 5 stars It does what it says on the tin., 28 Jun 2013
Now, I bought the wrong one - this is 50-40 and I needed 40-50, but that is almost certainly my own fault, but I swapped it with one in another door and all was well - Cheap, effective hardware.

1 x Pink Metal Dustpan
1 x Pink Metal Dustpan

2.0 out of 5 stars Pathetic build quality., 19 Sep 2012
This review is from: 1 x Pink Metal Dustpan
Really pretty dustpan, a little slow arriving, but just what I wanted visually. Sadly no use at all for cleaning. The slight bow of the metal base is ideal and keeps the whole edge in contact with the ground when slight downward pressure is applied. Unfortunately the handle is so weak that it just bends the moment you touch it.

I shall probably try to fix this with some rivets, but this is traditional looking, not traditional build quality - not really suitable for anyone who actually wants to clean up.

Sale, Sale , Sale Duplay 8 foot Trampoline With Enclosure only 89.95 Including Delivery

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb customer service and a good quality trampoline., 19 Sep 2012
The product is as described - not cheap tat, but a sensible quality. I would recommend not putting it up on your own or in the howling rain at 6am on your daughter's birthday, but it was achievable and took about an hour and a half - it would have been far quicker with help however.

I would also like to thank the seller - the trampoline was delivered incorrectly by the hauliers and then the recipient stole it, but without any issue at all the seller sent out a replacement and communication was excellent - she was clearly genuinely concerned with getting the trampoline to me on time.

I recovered the trampoline and returned it, but I was really chuffed with the help we received.

I bought this for children ranging from 5 to 12, although as a child of 37 I have enjoyed it occasionally as well.

Anti-shock Padded Waterproof Case for Canon A2400,A4000 IXUS,Nikon L27,S8200,S3300, Panasonic SZ3,SZ5,FS40,FS50 Samsung,ST66,ST76,Sony,Fuji,Olympus & other compact digital cameras(Black).
Offered by BV-electronics
Price: 6.99

2.0 out of 5 stars This case is not waterproof., 21 Aug 2010
Whilst not a bad budget case, this is not as advertised and I would really make sure that the following are not an issue for you:

1) This 'waterproof' camera case is not even nearly waterproof. The gap where the zips join is large enough that grains of rice or even a thin pencil would get in, let alone water. If you were looking for anything even slightly waterproof then this is NOT for you.

2) The list of cameras it 'fits' is misleading, as it is really very loose on many of those identified, make sure you measure your camera and compare dimensions.

3) In one of the images (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/images/B002OD04A2/ref=dp_otherviews_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&img=2) the case looks as though it opens along the side. This is a foreshortened image and it is a normal end opening case.

4) There is no wrist strap on the case.

As I say, for the price it is not a bad case, but it is not as advertised, so buyer beware.

RHS Encyclopedia of Gardening (RHS)
RHS Encyclopedia of Gardening (RHS)
by Christopher Brickell

3.0 out of 5 stars Encylopedia?, 21 Dec 2007
Whilst an excellent read, I am utterly befuddled as to how a bastion of Britishness such as the RHS could produce such a tome, filled, as it is, to the very gunnels with useful advice for any gardener, without managing the relatively simple accompanying feat of spelling the word encyclopaedia correctly.

Perhaps there is a new American royalty which has somehow escaped my attention?
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 11, 2010 12:07 AM BST

Littlejohn's Britain
Littlejohn's Britain
by Richard Littlejohn

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply inspired!, 11 May 2007
This review is from: Littlejohn's Britain (Hardcover)
Every page filled me with awe. Since getting married at 16, in order to give the children a proper family background, I have been applying myself to living my life according to Richard Littlejohn's teachings.

Even when I had to pawn my bling in '05 to afford to read his columns, I was an avid follower. In this, his greatest ramblings to date, I am left wishing I could touch him. I shall name my next child after him.