Profile for Vasquez > Reviews

Content by Vasquez

Vasquez (Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Men's Wool Scarf for Winter - Grey, Brown and Black - Men Scarves - Lovarzi Beautiful Mens Striped Long Scarfs - Christmas Gift for Men
Offered by LOVARZI

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 21 Feb 2014
I was a bit skeptical paying nearly £30 for a scarf, SO glad I did.
Very warm, very soft and of a quality I was not expecting. Well worth the price, and the seller had it to me 3 days before it was due. Highly recommended.

Deben Hawke HK3204 1x25 Red Dot Gun Sight Scope
Deben Hawke HK3204 1x25 Red Dot Gun Sight Scope
Offered by The Shooting Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Good things come in Small packages., 19 Oct 2013
This scope was purchased as a replacement for a large Walther 3-9 x 46 I was using, that had given up the ghost and was proving impossible to zero. It is a very nice bit of kit, well made and it fitted onto the Scope mounts I was already using.
Sight picture is clear and everything about this scope is quality.
The seller had it to me in three days, that's with standard postage and they even included a battery for it.
Wish more sellers on Amazon where as prompt and professional.

Chestnut hiking stave with combi spike ferrule
Chestnut hiking stave with combi spike ferrule
Offered by Amazing Health

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid, 4 Jun 2013
This is exactly what I was looking for,I've tried Polypropylene Sticks and they don't feel right, aluminium hiking sticks are too flimsy, this stave is almost exactly the same as the hiking staves I made in my Old scout days. I am looking forward to years of service from this. It just feels right.
Also kudo's to the seller, the wrapping could protect it from a nuclear blast!!!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Tight Fit, 7 May 2013
If you are like me, and hate a puncture ruining a bike ride, tires of this type are a necessity. I use Schwalbe on my mountain bike and they are without a doubt awesome, so when I invested in a full on road bike I went with more of the same.
They arrived on time and where easy to fit onto the wheel, and then I hit a big problem.They fitted the wheel fine but with the tread they are a bit taller, so I had a bit of trimming to do on the mudguards.
Other than that, totally happy with my purchase.

Day by Day Armageddon: Shattered Hourglass
Day by Day Armageddon: Shattered Hourglass
by J. L. Bourne

4.0 out of 5 stars End of Trilogy?, 23 April 2013
This is the third book by the author and he has used a totally different style, which despite the comments from other reviewers I found to be an improvement.
The first two in this series where written in the style of diary entries,and by the end of the second book it was becoming tired. The story itself was interesting but the method of telling was beginning to turn me off,BUT you really need to read them to understand what is going on in this novel.
On to the story, the first half of it is excellent with well thought out plot lines, the second half just felt rushed to me, as if the author just wanted to finish it to meet a deadline.
I hope he writes another but takes his time on it, as this series deserves a fitting conclusion, it is too good to end like this.

Jericho - The Decisive Box Set [DVD]
Jericho - The Decisive Box Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Skeet Ulrich

5.0 out of 5 stars 100 STAR RATING-, 31 Dec 2012
I viewed the series when it first Aired in the UK, and I thought it was good. This Box set is of a Series that should never have been cancelled, it has got better with age like a fine wine, and compared to the garbage on TV just now it stands out like a pearl in the mud.
The box set contains all episodes made along with an alternative ending and lots of extras. In case you don't read the rest of the review BUY IT.
The story is set in and around a small town called Jericho in the USA, the lead character JAKE GREEN returns one fateful day to borrow money from his dad, but on the same day a massive terrorist attack takes out 23 US cities, as the story progresses you discover it was a plot involving shadow elements of the Government.I AM NOT GIVING THE PLOT AWAY IT IS A JOURNEY YOU MUST TAKE YOURSELF.
Through the nearly 1200min running time you get to see how normal people cope and the resulting best of human nature and the worst also. The director and script writers created a masterpiece with JERICHO and I have ordered the graphic novels to continue where the series finished as I have to know what happens next.
There is I believe a few messages within the story about current day America that are still relevant, the corruption with Private Security Organisations, the protection they receive at home and abroad, and the corruption of Politicians who are linked to them, and the rise of Corporations who control far too much.What is clever in the story the Security Forces operate the way they do in Iraq/Afghanistan on US soil against US civilians, and the civilians react the way certain people do in the middle east, it's like living in another mans shoes for them.
I could go on and on about JERICHO being great, suffice to say I have just spent three days watching it instead of Christmas Telly and my better half also watched it WITHOUT COMPLAINT.
BUY IT AND ENJOY A CLASSIC THAT SHOULD NEVER HAVE ONLY RAN FOR ONLY TWO SERIES.

Speedo Adult Competition Nose Clip - One Size, Graphite
Speedo Adult Competition Nose Clip - One Size, Graphite

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Tight, 23 Nov 2012
This product was intended to be used for Pool sessions with a local kayak club, as whenever I rolled the Kayak I would get half the pool up my nose.Don't get me wrong it worked a treat, for about 10mins then it really started to hurt. This may be ideal for kids but for an adult it is just too small. It also has a tendency to slip off.

Video Head Cleaner ( Wet and dry Type)
Video Head Cleaner ( Wet and dry Type)
Offered by TapeCity

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 23 Nov 2012
I bought this to clean the heads on a VCR, as my daughter had a load of Disney Video's in the loft. Followed instructions to the letter and it did not work. I got a better result using cotton buds with the cleaning fluid supplied on the heads. Do not buy.

Death Race 2000 [1975] [DVD]
Death Race 2000 [1975] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sylvester Stallone
Offered by rightpricediscs

4.0 out of 5 stars Old School, 23 Nov 2012
This review is from: Death Race 2000 [1975] [DVD] (DVD)
I had never seen this movie on it's original release, and after viewing do not expect it to be on TV any time soon. As the film was made in 1975 the directors and scriptwriters vision of the year 2000 is brutal to say the least. The president of the USA is now in control of the whole world and he sponsors an annual slaughter fest on the roads of the states to placate the populace. The world is now a Police state with an almost comical resistance movement. For some reason this film reminds me of LOGANS RUN, although made after Death Race. This is a low budget movie and it defiantly shows its age but it is a very enjoyable romp and it gives an insight into how people in the 70's thought the future was bleak. Recommended.

Shimano Brake Cable Set Universal
Shimano Brake Cable Set Universal
Offered by Pedals Cycle Centre

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough Product, 20 Oct 2012
This set includes everything you need to replace the cables on your bike. Inners, Outers, crimps and nice stainless end pieces to tidy up the outer once you cut it. On that note about cutting, I know Shimano make great products, but strewth, these are tough little suckers. I tried wire cutters, forget it, I ended up using a hack saw to get the job done. I teamed them up with Shimano Acera Bicycle V Brake Set Front and Rear V Brakes & Brake Levers in Silver and I am very pleased with the result. Excellent stopping in the wet,and fully adjustable.
The supplier was also very prompt and delivered before the due date.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5