Profile for CollieCottage > Reviews

Content by CollieCottage

CollieCottage

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
IPEVO PadPillow Pillow Stand for iPad mini & iPad 4 & iPad 3 & iPad 2 & iPad 1 & Nexus & Galaxy - Light Khaki

4.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight & versatile, 31 May 2013
I'm sitting outside on the patio (yes, it's actually stopped raining) writing this review on my Galaxy Note 10.1 resting on my new Padpillow. The combination is very comfortable to use & the tablet feels safe.
Compared to the Prop N Go, it is more comfortable to use - certainly in the sitting position. That's not to say that the Prop N Go isn't a good product though; both have their merits.

Bronte Glen Active Non-Slip Vet Bedding Paws, 100 x 150 cm, Wheat
Bronte Glen Active Non-Slip Vet Bedding Paws, 100 x 150 cm, Wheat

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 28 May 2013
This size represents good value, as it cuts into 4 of the 50 x 75cm size, so is much cheaper to buy like this.

Cream Road Refresher Bowl Small
Cream Road Refresher Bowl Small
Offered by PriceBlitzer Vitamins

4.0 out of 5 stars Has Stanley's Seal of Approval, but I'm not 'bowled over'. It's 5* from little Toots!, 28 May 2013
Have had other 'non-spill' bowls before, which have not really lived up to their name. This one seems well made & Stanley (Border Collie) is happy to drink from it. My only criticism so far is that the Max fill line marked on the inside of the bowl is in white writing & on a cream bowl is therefore very difficult to see. Yet to test the non-spill aspect!
Update 29 May - downgraded to 3* on the basis that I was not happy that Stan was able to get sufficient water from the bowl with the insert in place. I've removed the insert so that he has access to more water. Insert can be replaced if the bowl is needed for travelling.
Update 2.9.2013 - 8 wk old Toots thinks this bowl is fantastic & won't drink from anything else! So I had to buy another one. She hasn't managed to tip it up yet, but has stood in it a few times (but I guess that doesn't qualify).

Lift Instant Lemon 150 g (Pack of 12)
Lift Instant Lemon 150 g (Pack of 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this, 25 May 2013
I absolutely love Lift Lemon Tea, but the online supermarket I use doesn't stock it so I've been purchasing on the web. I'm delighted to be able to get it from Amazon & on subscription too - the cost has nearly halved!
Lift is a really refreshing drink & for me a great alternative to conventional tea as I don't like milk.
I'm in heaven😊

Country Value Complete Dry Dog Food for Greyhounds 15 kg
Country Value Complete Dry Dog Food for Greyhounds 15 kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for Greyhounds, 25 May 2013
For years I have fed this, supplemented with tripe, to my show Border Collies & they do very well on it. The low protein percentage (only 17%) is perfect for Borders. As my dogs are shown, they need to be in tip top condition & their coats are always superb. A couple of years ago I changed to a new fish based food, but after a few months I noticed a deterioration in coat quality; I changed back to Country Value & the condition returned to normal.
I have not been able to get this food locally, so being able to have a subscription is wonderful.

Bronte Glen Active Non-Slip Vet Bedding Paws, 51 x 75 cm, Wheat
Bronte Glen Active Non-Slip Vet Bedding Paws, 51 x 75 cm, Wheat

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality vet bed - but not to Stanley's liking, 24 May 2013
This product looks to be very good quality, but until I've washed it I'll only award 4*. The fleece is nice & thick & this size fits my car dog cages perfectly.
Let's hope the dogs like it too!
Update 4 June - well Stan The Man wasn't impressed with the new vet bed in his cage. He ripped a sizeable hole in the edge within about 5 minutes of setting off to the show. He would rather just have the rubber matting in the bottom of his cage thank you!

The Tiger
The Tiger

5.0 out of 5 stars A compelling read, 23 May 2013
This review is from: The Tiger (Kindle Edition)
This book was recommended by Chris Packham, so on that basis alone I purchased a copy for my Kindle.
About a third of the way through at the moment & it is a most compelling true story, wonderfully written. It gives a real insight into life in the Russian Far East, the relationship its people had/ have with the Amur tiger & the effect of politics and culture on the past and future conservation of this iconic animal.
Chris is right - it's a must read for anyone interested in conservation, the natural world & tigers.
Will post an update when I've finished the book.
Update 29 May - finished the book. I guess the outcome was inevitable, but the way the story was written really added to the suspense when the tiger was being tracked. I certainly have learned a lot about the inhabitants of this unforgiving place.

Spear & Jackson Razorsharp Steel Edging Shears
Spear & Jackson Razorsharp Steel Edging Shears

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality from a trusted brand, 23 May 2013
These are very sharp, lightweight & easy to use. I've had Wilkinson in the past & there is not much to choose between the two brands.

Rotary Ladies Verbier Watch LB08152-02
Rotary Ladies Verbier Watch LB08152-02
Offered by ESR CHESTER

5.0 out of 5 stars Very stylish watch, 23 May 2013
I looked at watches from various manufacturers before making my final choice. Some watches I liked very much, but were beyond my budget. I settled on this watch for various reasons - it is made by Rotary, a brand I am familiar with; it was within my budget; it was available on Prime; the case is rose gold, which I prefer to yellow gold; the face is not too big; it is a chronograph.
One thing to mention (not clear from the product description) is that if the bracelet is too big, it needs to be adjusted by a watchmaker. You cannot adjust it yourself as link(s) must be removed.
The watch is beautiful to wear & looks great too - really classy & stylish. I'm very happy with my purchase.

Polti Vaporetto Comfort Steam Cleaner, Black/ Red
Polti Vaporetto Comfort Steam Cleaner, Black/ Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressed even when using for the first time, 16 May 2013
I looked at various cleaners before deciding to purchase this steam cleaner. Primarily I needed something to clean carpets, but as I have dogs I wanted to avoid the use of cleaning fluids & the need to wait hours for the carpet to dry.
This machine had got good reviews both here on Amazon & elsewhere on the web & because it uses just steam there are no cleaning agents required.
I read the instructions carefully before use & then set to work on some stubborn stains on a carpet. I am very impressed with the initial results - the stains are much reduced & a second treatment should remove the remainder.
I then got a bit carried away & tried it on the wall & floor tiles in the kitchen - the results were amazing.
I let the machine cool off fully before emptying & storing. The unit obviously works at very high temperature, but is perfectly safe providing it is used sensibly & according to the instructions.
I am very satisfied with my purchase & consider it a good choice.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16