Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Page: 1 | 2
BPS 900W Studio Flash Light Set Softbox Lighting Kit 3x 300DI Studio Light, Barn Doors w/ 4 filters, A wireless radio 16-channel trigger set, Umbrellas, Light Stands, Soft Boxes- photography lighting
Offered by BestDeal-UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Lacks scope for power adjustment., 17 May 2016
I bought this as my introduction into studio lighting and portraits. You get quite a lot for your money and it all works pretty well except ... The lights will only turn down to 1/8 of their full power. That gave me f11 at 100 ISO through one of the softboxes. Even using the 'shoot though' brolly as a bounce I could only drop it to f8. This leaves me little room for creatively balancing different illumination levels and varying depth of field. The second problem I had was that although my camera has a maximum flash sync of 1/250s I found that shooting at anything above 1/160s resulted black/dark bands along one edge.

The lights have performed faultlessly other than this and as long as your studio space is large enough to move the lights back from the subject they should work without any problem though this will to some extent defeat the purpose of the softbox. They are not ideal for a small studio due to their lack of adjustment.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Kindle Voyage E-reader, 6" High-Resolution Display (300 ppi) with Adaptive Built-in Light, PagePress Sensors, Wi-Fi

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as easy to read as my old one, 27 Nov. 2015
My old Kindle (the type with the keyboard) was still going strong but I needed the lit screen to avoid keeping my other half awake with my bedside light. Just as easy to read as my old one, very convenient. An excellent buy.

Prokofiev: Peter and the Wolf , Britten: The Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra , Rawsthorne: Practical Cats

4.0 out of 5 stars Good album to help learn about/introduce people to classical music., 4 Nov. 2013
Always loved Peter and the Wolf since hearing it in junior school so I decided to give this album a go. It's very good with a great sound. Try it, you won't be sorry.

The Complete Classical Music Guide (Eyewitness Companions)
The Complete Classical Music Guide (Eyewitness Companions)
by DK

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book and a great introduction to classical music for the beginner., 4 Nov. 2013
I first found the Eye Witness version in my local library but ordered this one instead. Same price, same contents but hardback and much more solid.

Mozart: Symphonies, Overtures & Serenades
Mozart: Symphonies, Overtures & Serenades

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant box set, 4 Nov. 2013
I got this to help me learn more about Mozart's music. Great sound, great music and won't break the bank.

2.5" sata hdd USB 2 2.5 sata hdd hard drive case Enclosure for pc laptop, 2.5" HDD SATA Enclosure Caddy USB 2.0 For Laptop Hard Drive - XP, VISTA, WIN 7, MAC -
Offered by PJP ELECTRONICS

4.0 out of 5 stars Dirt cheap and does the job., 4 Nov. 2013
Allowed me to get my laptop back up and running by copying the contents of a failing hard drive onto a new WD. If you need one of these I would certainly recommend it.

True Colours
True Colours

4.0 out of 5 stars Unique sound and a blast from the past, 4 Nov. 2013
This review is from: True Colours (MP3 Download)
Looked this one up after being told that Phil Collins was the original artist. Glad I did. I had forgotten how good this track is and how unique it sounds. Well worth a listen.

Obliviate
Obliviate

5.0 out of 5 stars Sets the tone for the rest of the film, 27 July 2013
This review is from: Obliviate (MP3 Download)
Watching the film again the other night and just realized that this music, from the first scene is the reason I keep watching it.

Brood of Bones
Brood of Bones

5.0 out of 5 stars Original, 21 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Brood of Bones (Kindle Edition)
One of the most original fantasy books I've read in ages, no dwarves, elves or rings to be seen anywhere. I thoroughly enjoyed it and am about to start the Fox's Bride. I bought this book along with the other two by A.E. Marling because he 'followed' me on Twitter and I was curious. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes the fantasy genre or even if you don't give it a go you've got nothing to lose.

Sloe Gin
Sloe Gin

5.0 out of 5 stars One of his better albums, 2 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Sloe Gin (Audio CD)
Joe Bonamassa is a stunningly good guitarist and this album is one of his best. The title track especially is outstanding!

Page: 1 | 2