Profile for Mr_Wagstaff > Reviews

Content by Mr_Wagstaff

Mr_Wagstaff (I have my own planet)

Dishmatic Dish Washing Up Brush Dishmatic 012191
Dishmatic Dish Washing Up Brush Dishmatic 012191
Offered by Super Utensil Ltd.

4.0 out of 5 stars I can't imagine a much better way to manually wash up!, 26 Jun. 2016
Been using these for years now, can't imagine a much better way to manually wash up! They clean the surfaces much better than brush bristles possibly can and allow good reach and leverage into deeper items such as glasses. They are also enable fast and economical cleaning of single items such as the odd plate and cup - just pre-rinse under tap - squeeze the sponge a couple of times to get soap - scrub & rinse = job done, no dirty crockery building up by the sink! I have a system though which overcomes most issues people have complained about: 1.Use two brushes- one with a new sponge and the 2nd with the old worn sponge. On really dirty items, I remove most of the debris with the old sponge then finish off with the new sponge, keeps it looking good for much longer. 2.Fill up the handles with pre-mixed solution. I use an old 383ml fairy bottle full of water then add a couple of squirts of liquid. Its easy to then fill the handles using the fairy bottle. These two squirts of washing up liquid will now go a very long way!! 3.I store them on their back with the sponge face up. This reduces them leaking out the solution. 4.Optional - to reduce the time is takes to get soap into a dry sponge after sitting unused for a while, I use a small spray bottle with the same pre-mixed solution. Spray the item then wash immediately with the dishmatic, once in use the dishmatic will continue to dispense solution. Four stars because the design could be better. Flaws are worth living with for the convenience these things provide.

Samsung RF511 15.6 inch Notebook - Black (Intel Core i5 2450M 2.5GHz, RAM 8GB, HDD 1TB, DVD-SM DL, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit)

5.0 out of 5 stars Non Shiny Screen (what a relief) - Great Perfomance - Very Comfortable in Use, 2 Jun. 2012
We initially chose this Laptop because of the Matte Screen. I run a small business and we have now replaced the desktops for laptops and for my wife, this machine does just nicely.

This has great performance for our needs but I would particularly like to comment on how comfortable this laptop is to use. Ditching the "fashionable" straight edge to the palmrest which is on the Macbook Pro and my MBP wannabe Samsung Chronos7 i7, this machine has a smooth curved edge which is a major relief whilst typing. The traditional touchpad with buttons is superb and the keyboard is comfortable and responsive. I just wish my Chronos7 was half as comfortable as this but alas Samsung went for the bling and I have to say I hate using it without an external mouse and monitor, despite its power. My wife now has to fight to get the RF511 out of my hands.

Moshi Moshi Retro Handset for All Mobile Phones + Computers - Soft Touch Black
Moshi Moshi Retro Handset for All Mobile Phones + Computers - Soft Touch Black
Offered by Native Unionô

2.0 out of 5 stars People cant hear me talking, 2 Jun. 2012
I loved the idea of this and bought it to enable me to start using more of my inclusive minutes for making business calls without frying my ear (I would rather incur a cost by using the landline to call a mobile). Unfortunately this device isn't cutting it for me, at least not on my Acer Liquid E.

The handset itself feels like quality, solidly built with a soft touch. The incoming audio is quite tinny but clear enough to hold a conversation. However every time I make a call, people have difficulty hearing my voice and complain that I sound quite distant. Another issue (which could be down to my phone?) is that my music player starts up automatically every time I plug the headset in. I have not been able to find a way to disable this behaviour. It seems that the phone thinks I have plugged in a stereo headset and not a hands free device. I certainly don't get this behaviour when plugging in a a standard handsfree headset.

Philips Sonicare HX8111/02 AirFloss Rechargeable Power Flosser
Philips Sonicare HX8111/02 AirFloss Rechargeable Power Flosser
Offered by BestBuyUk

3.0 out of 5 stars Broke after just a few uses, 22 Dec. 2011
Great Idea. I hoped it would be a replacement for the now sadly discontinued Hummingbird flosser which really was convenient and effective but alas the AirFloss broke after a 3 maybe 4 uses. Suddenly it stopped firing out my mouthwash and only the compressed air came out of the nozzle, the fluid however was still disappearing from the reservoir and still lurks hidden somewhere inside the device, sloshing around. It shall be returned. After the first use, I checked the result by using my last remaining Hummingbird floss and it seemed clean enough but too soon to say if that would be the case after every meal. When the replacement arrives I will give it another go but I hope someone resurrects the Hummingbird or similar as, according to my dentist it appeared to a good job(dipped in mouthwash)and beats messing about with floss cord any day. Meanwhile its back to my WaterPik.

The Impossible Gentlemen
The Impossible Gentlemen

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 5 Aug. 2011
Fantastic debut album! A studio album with a raw live feel. Innovative compositions full of power and depth of feeling. The album opens with Walkers bonkers composition Laughlines which had me...laughing.....the first time I heard it. Its a catchy tune that convinces me to sing along, which I can to a point but mute the track..ha ha very clever. Jazzers the world over are going to have a lot of fun with that one, there's already much talk amongst the musicians where I live. Also notable is the ballad (also by Walker)When You Hold Her, which is simply a masterpiece and is extremely moving. This album is full of stories..all meant and all said without words!

Three Mobile Broadband Ready to Go†3GB Preloaded Data Standard†SIM for†3G Tablets
Offered by Zeto UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenient Mobile Broadband, 4 April 2011
Couldnt get any simpler. I bought 4 x 3Gb sims for my Three dongle after the first 12months of 12Gb data was up. I only need mobile broadband occassionally and this seems the best way to go for my needs. Once activated the data will expire after 3 months. It may be another month or so after the first sim expires before I need to activate the 2nd sim and so on. I therefore get 12Gb for at least a year, possibly longer and for a good price.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 6, 2011 8:00 PM BST

Nellie The Elephant (Karaoke-Version) As Made Famous By: Toy Dolls
Nellie The Elephant (Karaoke-Version) As Made Famous By: Toy Dolls

1.0 out of 5 stars Hideous version dont buy, 15 April 2009
I bought this to perfom the punk version (Toy Dolls) of Nellie the Elephant at a party. I ended up doing something else.

This is so bad I cant belive anyone has the nerve to release such junk. The piano is very poor and the arrangement is extremely amateur its laughable. Listen to the doy dolls original for a reference as to how this version of Nellie should sound and search elsewhere. It gets one star because it doesnt go any lower.