Profile for C. Simpson > Reviews

Content by C. Simpson

C. Simpson (Newcastle Upon Tyne UK)

Fat Actress: The Complete First Series [DVD]
Fat Actress: The Complete First Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kirstie Alley
Price: 7.04

3.0 out of 5 stars skinny on laughs, 6 May 2010
Ok, well I bought this dvd after friends from the US told me how funny it was... I'm not really a fan of over the top acting so it made me cringe more then laugh, it may have been funny if it wasn't so loud. I did like the "Blossom" episodes, thats why I gave 3 stars. Oh and I got 'marie antoinette' dvd free! It was hidden inside the sleeve, don't think it was ment to be there, but I enjoyed the flim more then the series.

Mobsters [DVD] [1991] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Mobsters [DVD] [1991] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Christian Slater
Offered by RAREWAVES USA
Price: 3.77

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the worst, 1 Jun 2007
It has it's moment's but alot of the facts were left out and a love story that never happened put in... I've read the book that 'Lucky' had wrote instead of the movie he was planning, and it's alot better to read that then watch this movie. The actor's are good I had no complaints there. It's full of action with the likes of Mad Dog on their tail (which again never happened) The death of one of the Don's is wrong too!

It's time they took the book last testament of Lucky Luciano by Martin A. Gosch (who was the writer Lucky met at the airport when he died of a heart attack in 1962) and Richard Hammer, Now that would be a movie to see!

Lucky Luciano [1974] [DVD]
Lucky Luciano [1974] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Gian Maria Volonte

1.0 out of 5 stars Not so Lucky, 30 May 2007
This review is from: Lucky Luciano [1974] [DVD] (DVD)
This is the worst film about Lucky I have seen yet, Starring the former Federal Agent Charles Siragusa as himself. This Film is without fact or even story! It ends to sudden and to be honest 'Lucky' is hardly in it. Just an Agent with a grudge that he couldn't set 'Lucky' up for drugs. When are they gonna make a real honest fim of Luciano? Based on the book The Last Testament og Lucky Luciano by Martin A. Gosch & Richard Hammer, Lucky speaks openly and honestly about what really happened as he had nothing left! I watched this film and was bored within 5 mins.

Dean Martin And Jerry Lewis Collection [DVD]
Dean Martin And Jerry Lewis Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Laurent Preyale

4.0 out of 5 stars FUN FUN FUN, 15 Jun 2006
While sound and picture do let it down alittle {but what can u expect... its old stuff} it's still as funny as ever... I loved all the skit's, Im pretty new to Martin & Lewis {im young} and this was a perfect way to start... Im now hooked, very slapstick comedy,and makes me laugh like im a kid again, u can see where alot of comic's get their act from!

funny funny stuff

Dean Martin & Jerry Lewis Collection [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dean Martin & Jerry Lewis Collection [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Dean Martin
Offered by EliteDigital UK
Price: 170.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Even the box gets it wrong!, 15 Jun 2006
When I bought this I was expecting 4 episodes of the the colgate comedy hour as it says on both box and disc... So I sat down to enjoy and found Disc one to be the movie 'at war with the army' {which I have already} and only 2 episodes of the colgate comedy hour on disc two, but not the ones it says... Im confused! But at this price I guess complaining seems daft.
If your just starting to get into Martin & Lewis, I guess this could be a good starting price, but I was really disappointed, The five disc collection for round is the better buy if you ask me, you get 'at war with the army'plus Seven episodes of colgate comedy hour.