Profile for Mrs. A. M. Woollard > Reviews

Content by Mrs. A. M. Woo...

Mrs. A. M. Woollard "Masha" (Darlington, Durham United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Roman Blood (Gordianus the Finder 1)
Roman Blood (Gordianus the Finder 1)
Price: 0.84

3.0 out of 5 stars Another Roman detective, 2 July 2013
Quite enjoyable, but there are many others of the same genre which i liked better. I cant put my finger on why.

Titus Awakes: The Lost Book of Gormenghast
Titus Awakes: The Lost Book of Gormenghast
by Mervyn Peake
Price: 6.29

3.0 out of 5 stars Titus awakes, 2 July 2013
I did not like this book as much as the original trilogy, possibly because I am 40 years older. I found the dreamlike feeling of the book unsettling, I prefer a more conventional narrative.style. I no longer have the original Gormenghast books to compare

Saving Daisy
Saving Daisy
Price: 3.59

3.0 out of 5 stars AVING DAISY, 11 May 2013
This review is from: Saving Daisy (Kindle Edition)
This story was obviously written from the heart and shows how damaged people can react illogically to stressful situations. I only gave it 3 stars because I think the writhing style could be better, but I ca pu my finger on how.

Radflek Radiator Reflectors (3 Sheets, Fits 3-6 Radiators)
Radflek Radiator Reflectors (3 Sheets, Fits 3-6 Radiators)

4.0 out of 5 stars Radflek radiator panels, 6 Feb 2013
House feels warmer since I fitted the panels. They were .easy to cut straight as lines marked in grid. Only draw back is that as they have to fit over brackets behind radiator, the top of the radiator is not covered.

Heroes: 100 Poems from the New Generation of War Poets
Heroes: 100 Poems from the New Generation of War Poets
by John Jeffcock
Price: 7.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Modern war poets, 29 Dec 2011
This little book contains poems of various literary quality, but all extremely heart-felt, and moving.A must for any one who wants to understand what soldiers have to endure at the front. Regardless of your opinion of the wars we are engaged in, this book shows the humanity of the young men and women we send out in our name.

Released from the Watchtower
Released from the Watchtower
by Valerie Tomsett

5.0 out of 5 stars Jehovah's Witnesses exposed, 29 Dec 2011
Have you ever wondered why Jehovah's Witnesses don't celebrate Christmas or birthdays?

This book is especially useful for Christians from non Watch Tower churches who want good first hand and theological arswers when those nice people come to your door step. The writer moved from being an active Jehovah's Witness to discovering Christ in traditional Cristianity.

Asking for Trouble (Fran Varady)
Asking for Trouble (Fran Varady)
by Ann Granger
Price: 6.89

5.0 out of 5 stars An unusual drop out becomes a detective, 29 Dec 2011
I can't get enough of Fran Varady. I wish Anne Granger would write more!Her Mitchell and Markby Books are enjoyable too, but Fran is my favourite! I like her Indian 'Doctor Watson' character too! I wish the libraries stocked more of them.

On the Side of the Angels: Without Justice There Can Be No Mission
On the Side of the Angels: Without Justice There Can Be No Mission
by Joseph D. Souza
Price: 6.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Concerned about Justice?, 29 Dec 2011
A book which exposes the unjust persecution of Chritian Believers in many parts of the world, written by a man who campaigns for Justice for victims of persoecution. Sad, but very readable.

Good Food Fast
Good Food Fast
by Susanna Tee

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious recipes, 29 Dec 2011
This review is from: Good Food Fast (Paperback)
I am amazed that a book written in the '80s should be so up-to-date. The recipes are simple and original. I particularly like the use of walnuts in both sweet and savoury dishes. It would be useful both for students and experienced cooks.

Dvd ~ Audrey Tautou
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.
Price: 10.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Dirty Pretty Things, 18 Aug 2011
Dirty Pretty Things [DVD] [2002]
This was recommended to me because I was writing a story about an illegal immigrant. I would have never chosed it for the title, which was off-putting, but after a slow strart I was hooked. The script and the acting are first class, and the ending came as a surprise. I can highly recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2