Profile for Tina P > Reviews

Blendtec Total Blender & 1 Jug
Blendtec Total Blender & 1 Jug
Offered by Sun Exotic Wholesale

5.0 out of 5 stars Best kitchen purchase ever!, 15 Jan. 2015
I've had this blender now for nearly two weeks and it is utterly superb! It's in constant use and my resolution to consume more raw food, vegetables and fruit has been easy to maintain. It came with a handy hardback book of recipes, but there are also literally thousands of recipes online, so inspiration is easy to find.

It's worth noting that the jug I received with this is the 'Wildside' jar. This is different to the other jug available from Blendtec, and the one that I was secretly hoping would arrive. [It has an extra edge that helps to keep all the ingredients moving.] The item description didn't make it clear which would arrive.

I did a load of research before spending such an enormous sum of money on a kitchen gadget, and this blender seems to be the industry best for sheer crushing power. The alternative - the Vitamix - is at least £200 more, takes up considerably more space and yet seems to not perform any better. My confidence in the purchase was boosted when I realised that Blendtec is the blender of choice used by my favourite high street coffee chains.

Bell Plantation PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter Natural 16oz / 453g
Bell Plantation PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter Natural 16oz / 453g
Offered by reloads

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite use is for a PBJ Smoothie, 13 Jan. 2015
I absolutely adore this stuff and wonder how I've lived without it all my life. I use it almost every day as it's so versatile and low calorie. My favourite use is for a PBJ Smoothie; blend 1 cup of almond milk, 2tbsp PB2, 1tbsp Coconut milk powder, a banana and a handful of raspberries or strawberries and a little acai powder. Delicious!

Buy Whole Foods Organic Walnuts Small Light Broken 1 Kg
Buy Whole Foods Organic Walnuts Small Light Broken 1 Kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tasting nuts that were no where near as smashed ..., 13 Jan. 2015
Great tasting nuts that were no where near as smashed as I was led to believe from the description. I will happily buy these again.

Ladies 2 Pair Elle Striped & Patterned Bamboo Socks
Ladies 2 Pair Elle Striped & Patterned Bamboo Socks

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous quality and colours, 10 Feb. 2014
I love colourful socks but the high street cotton ones I normally buy don't keep their colour or shape for long. I discovered bamboo yarn a while ago and I've never looked back. These arrived today and I was delighted with the quality and appearance - they look even better than the picture. I ordered a pair in the other colourway immediately.

Kundalini Yoga with Maya Fiennes - A Journey Through the Chakras: Courage, Creativity and Willpower [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars A *real* yoga workout, 26 Jun. 2013
I've been losing weight and exercising now for 18 months and a couple of months ago I started a weekly pilates class, as well as doing some basic hatha yoga at home daily. I have low blood pressure and circulation problems, which have made exercise difficult. I've also been cycling a couple of dozen miles a week on the road, which has given me tight shoulders. In all, I'd say I was 'quite' fit before starting Maya's DVD, but with flexibility issues.

This DVD gives an incredible workout; just like in a yoga school. I've attended yoga classes in my local area, but this is the closest I've found to the array of exercises that I used to do at the Sivanandha centre in London.

It is demanding and does require a level of flexibility to achieve the moves as Maya does onscreen, but if you take it slow it's surprising how quickly the body loosens up. I found that with some exercises the first time was difficult, but within a couple of workouts I was able to do them.

My first experience of the dvd, Courage, was incredible. I had oxygen charging round my system and I felt amazing. The best word I can think if to describe the sensation is 'fizzing'. I was happy, relaxed, all my aches and pains had gone and I slept well for the first time in weeks. I was hooked from that moment, and now I try to do one or two of the dvds each day.

I showed the dvd to my sister-in-law, who is looking for a yoga workout, but she wasn't impressed and was a little put off by the music and how advanced the exercises looked. It *is* unlike other dvds on the market, and I think that's because others play to a western ideal of what yoga should look like to be accessible to a mass audience. Mayas dvds are very stylish and stay true to the intentions of yoga practice, so there are mantras and meditations that may look odd, but they are incredibly effective and enjoyable.

Before I attempted the second dvd, Creativity, I made the mistake of watching it before I tried it; which resulted in me feeling intimidated by how difficult and demanding it looked and I was a little scared to try it. Once I had tried it, I loved it. For me, 'Creativity' is the most challenging of the three, but it may be different for each of us depending on our own level of flexibility.

For the third dvd, Willpower, I just headed straight into the workout. The music is a little different: more fun and uplifting. The exercises are also tricky, but after a week of the other dvds, my body was ready for them.

As for the results, well, I'm more toned and flexible now at 43 than I have been for years. Each muscle group has been stretched and worked, and the result after only a couple of weeks is that my skin is glowing, my stiff shoulders have dropped and my back feels great. I have no aches or pains and I feel like my clothing is hanging better on my body. Also, my circulation has noticeably improved and I no longer have blue toes!

My advice to anyone considering buying this dvd would be to keep your mind open to a new experience. Rather than questioning the validity of the spiritual aspects of yoga, simply dive in and give it a go. I am open-minded but sceptical by nature, but there is no doubt in my mind that these exercises are spectacularly effective, and, perhaps, one day I will also discover that the spiritual side is also working on me. I live in hope!

Eeazy-Gizmo® Gold Shamballa Bracelet Unisex Crystal Swarovski Beads
Eeazy-Gizmo® Gold Shamballa Bracelet Unisex Crystal Swarovski Beads

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money, 27 Jan. 2013
I viewed literally hundreds of these online before deciding on this one. The bracelet is well made [knots are nice and tight], it's stiff and holds its shape and the beads are not too sparkly, which is exactly what I wanted. You can see some gaps between the sparkles, but overall its a gorgeous day-time bracelet that's not too heavy and gives a subtle shimmer to my outfits. I love it!

Highly recommended for the price and quality, and I've ordered another as a present for my very picky sister-in-law. However, I will be re-packaging it as the plastic bag it arrives in is very cheap.

Olay Regenerist Regenerating Moisturiser Night Cream 50ml
Olay Regenerist Regenerating Moisturiser Night Cream 50ml

1.0 out of 5 stars Feels like melted marshmellows!, 10 July 2011
I've been using the Olay Regenerist 3 point serum and treatment cream and wanted to add a bit more moisture to the mix. I bought this as it was so cheaply priced, and I'm glad it was so cheap as it is awful. Why? The packaging is cheap and nasty, the cream itself is a strange unnatural colour and it feels like melted marshmellows. Truly horrible to feel and, despite this, I still tried it. The following morning my face look like it had a layer of plastic on it!

This cream is such a disappointment as the 3 Point system is truly wonderful. I am now using it up as a foot cream.

Sorry Olay, but this product is a stinker!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars This is robust, proper engineering!, 5 July 2011
Over the last couple of months I have tried them all. The cheap e-health batteries that only last two hours, the delicate atomisers that bust after a week and the pre-filled cartridges that run dry after ten 'vapes'.

I then tried a nice little pre-filled tank kit, but to get the tank out to re-fill it I had to carry a quantity of paperclips as that was all that would fit through the hole and push the tank out of the case. Then the tank itself was so small that getting the top off was fiddly and I had to do this often as the tanks need to be refilled frequently. Also - I had to remember to loosen the battery all the time otherwise it would run out even quicker. When things go wrong, yes, these companies are happy to send replacements, but why bother? They send out the replacements because they know their product is 'flaky' and faults are the norm.

All in all - quite frustrating.

Then I saw this model. The battery is truly massive at 1300 vs. 170 mah on the usual batteries. Even if you don't understand the measurement unit (I don't) - you can see that it's nearly seven times bigger - that's seven times more vaping between charges.

The unit is far bigger overall - more like a fat cigar - but it means that there is also a bigger atomiser and a larger tank - so the overall time between tank changes is also reduced. Also, there is a cute insignia that doubles as an 'on' switch - so I no longer have to loosen the battery to stop battery drain; an action that is essential in the cheaper models to gain the maximum battery time.

The tank itself is massive. 2.5ml! The average e-cig tank is 1ml and the pre-filled cartridges approx 0.45ml. Getting a big top off a fat tank is way easier than my experience with the smaller ones, and no ruddy paperclips as it's not housed in an external cover.

When you put a big battery with a massive atomiser and supersized tank - the hit is HUGE!

So... the battery WILL last AT LEAST all day, if not 2-3 days
the tank is a breeze to refill and is far easier, and it should last an average 'vaper' all day
the whole unit clicks together like a nicely engineered bit of kit and reeks of QUALITY.

This is the best by far. This is day one with this puppy and I'll update this review if anything untoward happens. But for now, I'm a seriously happy bunny with a massive new puppy :)(Too many animal metaphors?)

6/7/11 - 24 hours later. Battery is still pumping out at the same strength and there is no reduction in the vaping experience. I topped up the tank before I went out this morning, but it was only half empty after yesterday. Still a happy bunny.

7/7/11 - 48 hours later and the battery is still on the initial charge! With approx 300 charges per battery, this should last me at least a year, if not more.

7/7/11 - 7pm and the battery has finally run out! That's 2.5 days before a re-charge. Excellent.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 11, 2011 12:52 PM BST

Isaac Newton: The Last Sorcerer
Isaac Newton: The Last Sorcerer
by Michael White

5.0 out of 5 stars Spectacular, but not a light read., 12 Jun. 2011
I've just finished this amazing book. As I am in the lucky position to be a room guide at his birthplace, I wanted to find out more detail about the man and his life after he left Woolsthorpe. It's known to be the 'hardest read' of the biographies that are currently available, but I only found this out when I'd reached page 280!

The detail in this book is overwhelming at times, and I struggled to understand the descriptions of the scientific theory (not being a scientist), but the biographical aspect is quite astonishing in its' depth and, sometimes, in the leap of the authors imagination. There is a great deal of speculation, which is written immaculately, but is still not evidenced. I don't believe some of the detail would stand up in a modern court! It's to be expected, as the great man died a long time ago, but still - take the facts where they are and take the speculation with a pinch of salt. I have done.

However, I thought it was an incredible read and I have found it to be very thorough and well written. The depth of research is obvious, as is the passion of the author for the subject. There is more to know about Sir Isaac Newton and I'm looking forward to continuing my studies. Hopefully my next read will be as enlightening and enthusiastic as this has been. It has brought a whole new level of appreciation of the place where he was born and I have many tales to tell the visitors that visit.

Gelaskins Protective Skin for The Kindle Keyboard - From Dusk Till Dawn
Gelaskins Protective Skin for The Kindle Keyboard - From Dusk Till Dawn

5.0 out of 5 stars Make your Kindle stand out in a crowd!, 3 Jun. 2011
I thought the colours of this gelaskin were amazing on the screen and I wasn't disappointed. It's a beautiful replication of the artwork and it really makes my Kindle feel more personal. Not that I disliked the grey casing, but this just makes the Kindle so much more enjoyable to look at.

The gelaskin is effectively a very high quality sticker set, which I was initially surprised and a little disappointed by. I expected it to be more of an all over skin, rather than pieces that actually stick to the device.

Applying the pieces is a little tricky, but it repositions well and the structure of the material used is hardy and easy to reapply. You do actually get little stickers for each of the Qwerty keys too, but I'd have to be very bored to spend the time with a pair of tweezers trying to apply each one! Personally I don't think the keys need covering, but it's nice to have the choice.

It seems a little pricey for what it is, although the high quality of the material and the beautiful colour replication makes it a very enjoyable purchase. I think the range of designs will make this a very desirable product and cater for those of us that want to make our Kindle's stand out in a crowd, not just fade into the background.

Page: 1 | 2