ARRAY(0xad52cd50)

Profile for A. PADGHAM > Reviews

Content by A. PADGHAM

A. PADGHAM "alan_padgham2" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
12V Seagate FreeAgent Desktop External hard drive replacement power supply adaptor
Offered by Digidave
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great solution!, 4 Dec 2012
After finding that my wife's Seagate FreeAgent external hard drive wasn't working, I plugged it into my computer to find there was no response. However, the mains adaptor was giving a rattling sound so I thought it was just the adaptor at fault. I purchased this as a replacement and a right result - one hard drive back up & running as good as ever! Very pleased, as this item was inexpensive, and she is now able to access all her archived files without the hassle of taking the drive to a PC repair shop and paying over the odds for the same result!

Stewart Francis Live - Tour de Francis [DVD]
Stewart Francis Live - Tour de Francis [DVD]
Dvd ~ Stewart Francis
Price: 8.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Intelligent and brilliantly funny!, 19 Nov 2012
I purchased this DVD after enjoying Stewart Francis' anecdotes on "Mock the week" and having seen him live at The Apollo. The medium of DVD allows him to use the occasional profanity, but it adds to the humour rather than spoiling it. I laughed all the way through this the first time I watched it, and I have watched it again many times. Stewart really handles one-line/observational comedy very well and I found this show to be very entertaining and hilarious. Well worth buying if you have an hour to yourself and you want to laugh a lot!

Mysteries of Magic Island (PC CD)
Mysteries of Magic Island (PC CD)
Offered by PNA247
Price: 4.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating Hidden Object Game, 25 Oct 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I purchased this game after playing many other hidden object games and I found it refreshingly different in many respects. The graphics and music are bright and pleasant, and the gameplay is interesting as you acquire a map early in the game which shows which areas on the island have tasks to be done. The puzzles are unique (for instance in some scenes you have to match pairs of objects). This game is great if you don't want anything too difficult. Plenty of variety with tasks, puzzles and Hidden object scenes. Having completed it several times, I wouldn't say it was boring or getting too easy, it's a great game for both young and old players, and for anyone wanting to try this kind of game for the first time, I would recommend it!

Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition (PC CD)
Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition (PC CD)
Offered by PNA247
Price: 6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent game!, 7 Jan 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This game was purchased for me as a Christmas present, as I had already played a couple of hidden object games. This game is by far my favourite of all the games of this kind that I have played. The atmosphere of the original story is beautifully captured, and there is a lot to do and plenty of the hidden object scenes and mini-games to keep you on your toes. The big plusses are the map (which helps show you where there are objectives) and the scoreboard (which you can access once you complete the game). The scoreboard will list your game if you have achieved a good time and accuracy percentage, so there is the incentive to play the game over and over to get a better placing each time! The graphics are excellent, as are the music and the voices. A definite must-have if you like hidden object games!

Tim Vine - Live - So I Said To This Bloke [DVD]
Tim Vine - Live - So I Said To This Bloke [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tim Vine
Offered by Leisurezone
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant laugh-a-minute humour!, 6 Nov 2011
This was my first Tim Vine DVD, and from the moment I started watching it I was hooked. His timing and deliverance of corny one-liners is absolutely superb, and I laughed as hard as his audience. Even in the sillier moments, one can't help but smile (Pen behind the ear, Flag Hippo etc.) and it makes such a pleasant change to be entertained from start to finish with no expletives or smutty innuendos. Tim Vine has the talent to be rib-tickingly funny while keeping his act clean. I still watch it now, even though I know most of the jokes from memory, and he still continues to make me laugh. Well worth every penny!

Ace Of Wands [DVD]
Ace Of Wands [DVD]
Dvd ~ Roy Holder
Price: 31.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great memories, 2 Mar 2010
This review is from: Ace Of Wands [DVD] (DVD)
I first watched "Ace of Wands" when I was 13 years old and was hooked on it. When I saw it was available on DVD I purchased it immediately. The episodes are as magical as when I remember them, and the extras on the discs really make this a worthwhile purchase for anyone who remembers the series from the 70s. A great nostalgic experience!

Freecom 31973 1TB Hard Drive XS USB 2.0 3.5 Inch External Hard Drive Black
Freecom 31973 1TB Hard Drive XS USB 2.0 3.5 Inch External Hard Drive Black
Offered by tablet_books
Price: 102.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Drive!, 28 Dec 2009
I put this in my wish list, and received it as a Christmas gift. It was much needed, as my existing Freecom external hard drive of 160 GB was getting very low on free space (less than 20 GB) and a similar story on my internal C drive. Plugged it in and Windows recognized it instantly so was up and running in seconds. It was pre-formatted to FAT32 so I reformatted it to NTFS for greater speed. Formatting took 12 hours to complete, but it's worth the wait. It's silent when running, and due to its weight and rubber case, sits very firmly on the shelf of my computer desk with no danger of falling off, even if the desk is jogged. Transfer rate is about 1 Gb per minute which is very quick. I've always trusted Freecom as my 160 GB drive is now over 5 years old and still works properly. As for the 1 TB drive, I'd heartily recommend it to anyone who needs extra storage space in this age of digital camcorders etc.

The Duckworth Lewis Method
The Duckworth Lewis Method
Price: 9.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Divine Cricket, 4 Aug 2009
I've only had this album 48 hours and have listened to it over and over. It's brilliant. Knowing that Neil Hannon had a hand in it, I was keen to hear it, and being a big fan of Divine Comedy, I must admit I was comparing the album to previous albums by Divine Comedy. Although it compared favourably, I quickly found it stands out on its own as a unique creation. The theme of cricket is profoundly English, and refers to the game in a gentlemanly yet roguish vein. Some lovely melancholy songs (Mason on the boundary, The nightwatchman for example) blend superbly with some humorous tongue-in-cheek songs such as Jiggery Pokery. I'm already singing along to "Meeting Mr. Miandad" which is irresistably catchy! For new listeners and diehard Neil Hannon fans alike, this is THE album of 2009. It ends in exactly the same way it starts, which makes it very easy to play over and over, which I have done!

The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin: Complete Box Set [DVD] [1976]
The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin: Complete Box Set [DVD] [1976]
Dvd ~ Leonard Rossiter
Price: 20.24

5.0 out of 5 stars A legendary series, 29 April 2009
At last, the entire collection of Leonard Rossiter at his very best - as Reginald Iolanthe Perrin! Having purchased it and already seen the first 3 series, I would thoroughly recommend this beautifully packaged collection. The chance to laugh and weep along with with Reggie as he struggles through the monotony of life in the rat race and indeed, the fast lane. As the pressure grows on Reggie as a Senior sales executive, he longs to escape from it all. The series charts his battle with his complacent life, through his eventual escape from it all, and his ups and downs as he returns to his old life after living as a tramp, then supping champagne as a multi-milionaire, yet always having his roots firmly at home despite his wandering fantasies. I first saw this excellent programme at the age of 16, and now at 48 I just cannot tire of it. Recommended for anyone who saw it on TV first time round or perhaps has seen the new - and very good - series with Martin Clunes and is curious about the original series. You can't go wrong if you buy this product - there are many guaranteed laughs to come. I didn't get where I am today without knowing there are many guaranteed laughs to come!

Flash Memory 8GB USB DRIVE (FAST DELIVERY FROM AMAZON)
Flash Memory 8GB USB DRIVE (FAST DELIVERY FROM AMAZON)

5.0 out of 5 stars So simple and very useful, 29 Mar 2009
Ordered on a Wednesday, the product arrived on Saturday. Plugged it in and the computer recognised it straight away. Transfer speed seemed slow at first, but I then hit on the idea of reformatting it from FAT32 to NTFS, which took just a few minutes. After that, the transfer rate was much quicker - dragging and dropping many files which took seconds to transfer. Delighted with it so far and find it the best way to transfer files quickly from the main computer to the laptop. Only one slight criticism, its capacity is actually 7.47Gb but it's still the simplest way to transfer large files. For anyone considering buying it, you'll definitely get value for money but be sure to format it first (to NTFS) and you won't be disappointed!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 26, 2009 1:14 PM BST