Profile for Sarah Tunkel > Reviews

Content by Sarah Tunkel

Sarah Tunkel (London, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
ZAFOORAH® Case Cover for Apple iPod Touch 5 5th Generation (Launched Sep 2012) + Free Stylus+Screen Protector+Microfiber Cloth (Polka Dot - BLACK MULTI dots)
Offered by Accessorise-it

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 6 Feb. 2015
Fits well, doesn't fall off, looks good and protects the iPod from bumps and scratches. My ten-year old daughter is very pleased with it, and so am I. She's had it a couple of months now and it still looks good as new.

EOZY Soft Microfiber Quick Hair Dry Towel Turban Hat Cap Bath Head Wrap--Pink
EOZY Soft Microfiber Quick Hair Dry Towel Turban Hat Cap Bath Head Wrap--Pink
Offered by Ju Bao

1.0 out of 5 stars There are much better microfibre turbans available, 6 Feb. 2015
This is pretty awful at doing what it's supposed to do. Too small, an odd shape that doesn't fit my normal sized head of shoulder length hair, the loop is tiny and fiddly, fabric too thin. I wouldn't waste my money on this again.

COVERME571@360 ROTATING FLIP LEATHER CASE COVER FOR THE NEW IPAD MINI (PINK POLKA)
Offered by DN-Technology

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, attractive and functional, 28 Jan. 2015
I was a bit skeptical when I bought this, as it was so cheap. However I am delighted! It fits my iPad mini perfectly - I really don't understand why other people have had problems. Ther rotation feature is excellent and easy to manage. The iPad is well protected and looks great in its pink polka dots. I can't believe it's really made out of leather for this price. I suspect it's synthetic, but it still looks and feels good quality, and easily as nice as the very expensive branded cover (Radley, Cath Kidston, etc). I've had mine for about six weeks and it's still looking clean and new despite taking it everywhere. All in all, I'm very pleased.

Set Of 4 Kilner Glass Handled Drinks 0.4 Litre Tumblers Preserving Cocktail Beer Jars Mugs Jar
Offered by Get Goods

2.0 out of 5 stars I don't really get the point of these, 22 Jan. 2015
My daughter asked me to order these for her as a birthday present. She's just turned 13 and I don't really understand what on earth she'd want them for but she seems to think they are an important thing to own. I ordered a reputable make, and 4 for £11.99 seemed like good value. They are ok, but I was pretty disappointed to find that they come without lids! I've looked again at the picture and description, and the photo looks like they have lids on to me, and nowhere in the product description does it tell you that these screw top jar shaped glasses don't come with lids! Why would anyone sell these without lids?! What on earth is the point of them without lids?! I was also annoyed that the box they came in had a huge rip in it, big enough for a glass to have fallen out, so I guess I'm lucky that none of them was broken.
Overall, not very pleased with this purchase, and am now going to have to decide whether to buy some lids.

New Womens Canvas Oilcloth Weekend Overnight Bag Ladies Large Tote Handbag Hand Luggage Cabin Maternity Holdall Tapestry Polka Dot Flower Bear Owl Butterfly - CB153-CB166-FB44 (Canvas Glitter Owl Aqua)
Offered by LeisureGear uk

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice bag, good value for money, 7 Jan. 2015
This bag is nice and big, and the fabric design is gorgeous with lovely colours and a little bit of sparkle. It's not made of anything that I'd call oilcloth. It's a tough-ish fabric with a feint coating of something over the top, but I would doubt it's anything more than showerproof. There are no studs on the bottom, so I'm sure it will scuff and wear out before too long. But, hey, it was only £13 so what can you honestly expect?! I bought it for my ten year old to use when she goes on sleepovers, It's already doing a good job.

See Inside Your Body (Usborne Flap Books) (Usborne See Inside)
See Inside Your Body (Usborne Flap Books) (Usborne See Inside)
by Katie Daynes
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars great introduction to human biology for aged 5-10 (and anyone else), 13 Dec. 2014
Well written, attractively illustrated, and the flaps entice the children into lifting to find out more. I'm a doctor and I think this book gives an excellent and accessible overview to children (or anyone) of human anatomy and physiology - only they don't realise that…. they just enjoy the book. Especially the page where you lift a flap to see poo coming out of the anus!

Pandora 790896 Sterling Silver 925 Charm
Pandora 790896 Sterling Silver 925 Charm

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely genuine Pandora charm, 13 Dec. 2014
1. It's a genuine Pandora charm
2. It doesn't come in a fancy Pandora box so you couldn't easily give it as a gift uness you had a box to hand from a previous purchase
3. It's the type of charm that can move up and down the bracelet and doesn't have an internal thread
4. It's simple, lovely and good value for money

Opal London Super Absorbent Hair Turban
Opal London Super Absorbent Hair Turban

5.0 out of 5 stars does the job fantastically, 7 Dec. 2014
I've tried a number of different types of turbans over the years, and I have to say that this one wins hands down. It's thick and absorbs brilliantly, while also covering all my long hair (to below shoulder blades) without any trouble, and having a really reliable button-loop closure that genuinely stays closed and keeps the turban in place.

Despite this rave review, I have to say that I do think it's a bit pricey for what it is.

Osprey Girls Adjustable Quad Roller Skates Sizes 3 - 5
Osprey Girls Adjustable Quad Roller Skates Sizes 3 - 5
Offered by Over-The-Moon

5.0 out of 5 stars good value and stylish skates, 7 Dec. 2014
I bought these for my 7 year old for her birthday in September. She's actually size 2, but I didn't want to take any chances that they'd come up tight, and I wanted her to get plenty of use out of them. They are excellent - the fit is fine, and she can get them on and off herself without any difficulty. No signs of falling apart yet, and that's after 3 months of frequent outdoor use. She loves them so much, I have had to restrict indoor use of safety grounds (of the rest of us, not her) and absolutely forbid her to wear them when going up and down the stairs! Possibly, she wouldn't take them off at all if I hadn't insisted on this rule.

All-in-all, I'm very pleased with these good value and stylish skates, and my daughter is absolutely thrilled.

Girls Star Print Hooded Fleece All In One Pyjamas PJs Sleepsuit Onesie 8-9 Years
Offered by XS-Stock Com Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars not very hardwearing, 2 Mar. 2014
My 6 year old chose this for herself with birthday money. I ordered it in 8-9 as she's quite big for her age. It's a great fit, quite soft and snuggly and she really loves it. She's only had it since Christmas, and unfortunately it's already coming unstitched all along the crotch. Nothing that can't be repaired but a bit annoying that it's not more hardwearing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4