Profile for Sarah Tunkel > Reviews

Content by Sarah Tunkel

Sarah Tunkel (London, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Girls Star Print Hooded Fleece All In One Pyjamas PJs Sleepsuit Onesie 8-9 Years
Offered by XS-Stock Com Ltd
Price: 9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars not very hardwearing, 2 Mar 2014
My 6 year old chose this for herself with birthday money. I ordered it in 8-9 as she's quite big for her age. It's a great fit, quite soft and snuggly and she really loves it. She's only had it since Christmas, and unfortunately it's already coming unstitched all along the crotch. Nothing that can't be repaired but a bit annoying that it's not more hardwearing.

WAYCOM Cute Running Wheel Clocky Alarm Clock Multi-Color -Black
WAYCOM Cute Running Wheel Clocky Alarm Clock Multi-Color -Black

2.0 out of 5 stars the first one they sent me didn't work; the second one partially works, 2 Mar 2014
I can't really tell you if it's cute, or if it makes a loud enough sound when it goes off, or if it really runs away or if it's at all reliable, as the one I received didn't work. I invested in the very best longest lasting duracell batteries as I suspected that this kind of product would get through bettery power very quickly. It was hard to insert the batteries as the terminals were so badly aligned with the openings in the plastic casing so I had to do a bit of minor engineering on the springs and terminals but it was still impossible to get the LED display to come on.

I think this is a real case of needing to invest extra to buy the genuine article and not the cheap imitation. However for 11.99 I still expect it to work - at least for a bit!

I am waiting to hear if I'm going to be given a refund, or be sent another one that actually works.

UPDATE: they sent me another one, no hassle, free of charge, I wasn't asked to send the other one back ---- so that's all good service, thank you!
This time the batteries fitted properly and the digital display came to life. It wasn't too hard to programme, and the alarm is genuinely very loud and very annoying such that you wouldn't want to tolerate it for long and it would make you get out of bed to switch it off. However..... while I can get the alarm to go off, and I can get the clock moving around in a crazy fashion on its wheels, I can't get it to do both those things at the same time! So only a partial success I'm afraid, and I stick by my earlier assertion that you should buy the genuine article and not the cheap imitation.

Lamp&Cat Bird Removable Wall Sticker Decal Kids Boys Girls Room Home Decor
Lamp&Cat Bird Removable Wall Sticker Decal Kids Boys Girls Room Home Decor
Offered by Wall Art Decal (Ship from Hongkong 10-23 Days)
Price: 1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars it's cute, but don't be fooled by the picture, 13 Feb 2014
Good points: I found this easy to peel off and stick, they stay on the wall nicely and the overall effect is very good.

Bad points: However…. the photo of the product is not only confusing, it's probably liable to prosecution under the Trade Descriptions Act! The table (or is it a fire place?) in the photo can only be about 2 foot off the floor, and the framed picture would be hanging at waist height for a normal adult. So don't go buying this thinking you are going to get something anywhere near the height of a lamppost!
Two of the cats work very well in silhouette, but there are another couple that don't look as good, so I didn't use them. There are also quite a few birds, none of which I found to be very effective, and you can't use them standing on the lamppost or you'd spoil the lovely outline, so I ditched most of those too.

Overall: fun to have on the wall, but it makes me cross that the picture is so misleading

TowelsRus Spa Days Luxury Hair Turban, Pink, Absorbent Towel, Lightweight and Cotton
Offered by towelsrus
Price: 7.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great, 2 Feb 2014
Not particularly absorbent. A bit too bulky. It's just a shaped towel with an elastic loop that you can put on your head. I should have got one of the microfibre ones.

Bath Mat - Duck Design, 100% Cotton, Reversible, Thick, Soft, Absorbent, Oval shape (Size: 60 X 90 Cms).

4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous ducky bathmat, 2 Feb 2014
Feels lovely underfoot, nice and big, colours are true to the photo. It goes fantastically with my duck-themed bathroom. Am very pleased. I dropped a star because there is no anti-slip device underneath, and I'm worried that it could move around on my tiled floor.

PS - I should add that the vendor kindly also sent me another complimentary plain white bathmat with my order - thank you very much!

10 SETS (30 PCS) PLUNGER CUTTERS SUGARCRAFT CAKE DECORATING NEW (Heart, Veined butterfly, star, Daisy, veined rose leaf ,Carnation, Blossom, flower, Sunflower , other)
Offered by thboxes
Price: 5.36

4.0 out of 5 stars These work for me, 2 Feb 2014
I bought this set a few months ago and have now used most of the items a number of times.

What do you get? A variety of flowers, leaves and butterflies. There are also some shapes, like stars and hearts. Most are plungers, some are only cutters.
How did they arrive? They did not come in the sturdy-looking box in the picture. They all came in individually wrapped packaging. It was all in good condition - the packages did not appear to have been tampered with, and none of the items were dirty or dusty (as other people have experienced). All the packages were in one large polythene bag.
Do they work? Yes, they do. I'm waiting for the plungers to give out on me, but they haven't so far.

Conclusion: What I received wasn't exactly what's in the picture, but it seems to all work and represents good value for money. From reading all the reviews, it would appear that other people who have ordered the same item had a very different experience so there is clearly great variability in what is being despatched in response to this order being placed. You take your chances!

Set of 4 - Cute Lovely Funky Suction Cups Duck Bathroom Toothbrush Holder Stand Duckling Ducky

5.0 out of 5 stars super cute and they actually work, 15 Nov 2013
These toothbrush holders really do the job, apart from looking amazingly cute. A strong suction cup holds them onto a smooth surface like tiles or glass, and the toothbrush hangs between the duck's orange feet. It's a very neat idea, and is so much better than a tooth mug slowly filling up with scummy toothpasty saliva that's dribbled down the handle of the toothbrush. Instead it drips off directly into the sink. We've had a few of these for a while, and for a cheap little product they are still working very well. We've also given them as presents, and everyone has been very pleased with them. Quacking good!

Character World Hello Kitty Pink Bow Shaped Cushion
Character World Hello Kitty Pink Bow Shaped Cushion
Price: 4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality, comfortable pillow for Hello Kitty lovers, 8 Sep 2013
My daughter has had one of these for a couple of years now, and we've also given them to some of her friends as birthday presents. They are surprisingly durable and surprisingly comfortable. Our daughter takes hers on all holidays and sleepovers - she won't sleep without it! Look carefully at all the Amazon buying options as this item seems to be listed in a number of different ways (cushion, pillow, plush... etc) and at different prices.

DCI Rabbit Ears Salad Server, White
DCI Rabbit Ears Salad Server, White
Offered by CuteBitz Limited
Price: 5.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for salad lovers, 21 July 2013
These are fun to own, fun to give as presents and highly functional too. They look very cute sticking out of the salad bowl. Can't comment yet on durability, but I hope they last a long time.

Portmeirion Crazy Daisy Melamine Sandwich Tray
Portmeirion Crazy Daisy Melamine Sandwich Tray
Price: 7.68

5.0 out of 5 stars very pretty, very useful, 21 July 2013
This arrived today and I've already used it for serving lots of cut up fruit and berries outside in the garden where I'd rather not take any breakable crockery. Equally useful inside the house for fruit or cut-up veg, sandwiches, biscuits, etc and also big enough to hold a smallish loaf-shaped cake. Lovely fresh pattern, with good colours that don't put you off your food. Altogether, I'm very pleased!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3