Profile for Bahlob > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Doctor Who - Series 3 Vol. 3 [DVD]
Doctor Who - Series 3 Vol. 3 [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect doctor who, 27 Jun. 2007
These episodes are by far the best three episodes of the series up to this point.The Family Of Blood double episode was exciting and brilliant.These episode are about the doctor becoming a human and working ia a school in 1913.

Blink is my favourite episode in the series. It is a scary episode with a great plot and an excitng fast paced storyline.

I strongly reccomend this dvd to anybody because it is by far the best in the series so far

Doctor Who - Series 3 Volume 2 [DVD] [2005]
Doctor Who - Series 3 Volume 2 [DVD] [2005]
Offered by FREETIME

4.0 out of 5 stars doctor who review, 25 Jun. 2007
Daleks In Manhattan and Evolution Of The Daleks are brilliant episodes with a completely original idea, even though the daleks are in lots of episodes.

I didn't really enjoy The Lazrus Experiment but it was ok as we got to see Martha's family.The thing I didn't like about it was that the monster looked all fake and deformed.

42 was a really good episode and it had a very good sci-fi plot.I thought the episode was very similar to the movie''Sunshine''which was a very good movie.

I highly reccomend this dvd as it has great episodes on it.

Doctor Who - Series 3 Vol.1 [2007] [DVD] [2005]
Doctor Who - Series 3 Vol.1 [2007] [DVD] [2005]
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright, 25 Jun. 2007
I quite liked these three episodes and my favourite is the shakespeare code which is a great episode with a really good plot. I also enjoyed smith and jones, this is a good introduction to martha jones, the doctors new companion. Gridlock is the episode which put me off these three episodes, it did not keep me interested and the face of boes revelation at the end was very annoying because I was expecting a really interesting secret and the episode finished leaving me dissapointed ( I know the face of boes revelation was relevent later on in the series but I didn't know that then ).Anyway apart from gridlock this is a very good dvd and I reccomend it but some of the later episodes are a lot better.

Doctor Who: Series 1 - Volume 3 [DVD] [2005]
Doctor Who: Series 1 - Volume 3 [DVD] [2005]
Offered by Qoolist

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, 8 Jun. 2007
Three of the most clever, emotional and brilliant episodes came from this dvd but it's a shame about''The Long Game''.''The Long Game'' isn't a bad episode it just isn't at all good.''Fathers Day'' is one of my favourite episodes. ''The Empty Child'' and ''The Doctor Dances'' are probably the most thrilling and scary episodes in the series.The plot of these two episodes is ingenious.Although I don't think ''The Long Game'' is great, this is still probably my favourite dvd in the series and I really reccomend it.

Doctor Who: Series 1 - Volume 2 [DVD] [2005]
Doctor Who: Series 1 - Volume 2 [DVD] [2005]
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars Great episodes, 8 Jun. 2007
I like these episodes a lot.I liked Aliens of London\World War Three and I know a lot of people say the Slitheen aren't scary and I agree but I also think there are some great action scenes and thrilling moments in the episode. The next episode''Dalek'' was brilliant, it was exciting all the way through the episode and the special effects were brilliant.I highly reccomend this dvd.

Doctor Who: Series 1 - Volume 1 [DVD] [2005]
Doctor Who: Series 1 - Volume 1 [DVD] [2005]
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars Doctor who review, 8 Jun. 2007
I am not old enough to have seen the old series of Doctor who and I am not usually a sci fi fan but I really enjoyed Doctor who, it has really good storylines and the acting is brilliant.

Christopher Eccleston who acts the Doctor gives the character some great humour but he can also be quite serious.Billie Piper who acts Rose Tyler is a great new companion for the Doctor and she seems very comfortable in her role.Camille Codouri who plays Rose' mum and Noel Clarke who plays Rose' boyfriend both deserve credit aswell because they are both great actors.

All the episodes are really good but I would say my favourite is '' The Unquiet Dead'' and my least favourite is ''The End of the World''.These three episodes are great and I would strongly reccomend them.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Book 3) Paperback
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Book 3) Paperback

4.0 out of 5 stars The best of the first three books, 29 May 2007
In this book Harry discovers that a murderer called Sirius Black has escaped from azkaban (the wizard prison) to kill him and when Harry returns to Hogwarts it is being guarded by the horrible cloaked guards of azkaban known as dementors.The dementors suck all the happiness out of you and remind you of your worst memories, the dementors can also suck your soul out.This year at Hogwarts they have their first nice defence against the dark arts teacher,his name's professor lupin.This year they also have an eccentric divination teacher who enjoys predicting Harry's death and Hagrid also becomes their care of magical creatures teacher.

This book was my favourite of the first three books and you discover a bit more about Harry's dad and his friends at school and you also start to discover why Snape hates Harry's dad so much.All the books are filled with mysteres and plot twists but this one probably had the biggest plot twist of them all.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Book 2)
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars A step further into the magical world, 29 May 2007
After defeating Voldemort for the second time at the end of the previous year Harry is back at the Dursleys again for the Summer holidays.A house elf arrives to warn Harry not to return to Hogwarts,Harry does not take his warning seriously but it appears Dobby (the house elf) is not going to give up without a fight, he seals the barrier to get to the train. Harry and Ron get a flying car to school but it crashes into a tree and they nearly get expelled. This year at Hogwarts theres a new self obsessed defence against the dark arts teacher and a monster has been released from the chamber of secrets and it's prey is mudbloods (people with non magic parents).Harry and his friends are trying to discover what the monster in the chamber of secrets is and who opened the chamber of secrets.

This second book is great and I really enjoyed the bit with Tom Riddle's diary.Another bit I really enjoyed was when Harry goes into the chamber of secrets, there are a few interesting plot twists.Something I really like about the books is when I read them I really get into them.

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

4.0 out of 5 stars Harry Potter review, 29 May 2007
This book was a great start to a great series.All the Harry Potter books are brilliant but this is a great first book. After Harry's parents are killed by Voldemort he is sent to live with the Dursleys.The Dursleys don't tell Harry that he is magic and he only discovers that he is when he get's a letter from Hogwarts asking him to come to the school.When he gets to Hogwarts he makes friends with Ron and Hermione and he also discovers how little he knows about himself and the magical world around him.My favourite part of the book is when they have to get past the three headed dog and do the other tasks to get to the Philosophers stone.I really reccomend this book.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Book 4)
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Book 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Much darker than the others, 29 May 2007
In this book the triwizard tournament is taking place in Hogwarts and two other schools Beauxbatons and Durmstrang are participating.There are only supposed to be three champions but although Harry is underage he is entered into the tournament by someone else.Sirius fears that whoever entered Harry into the tournament wants to kill him.JK Rowling leaves in some very clever hints about who entered him into the tournament and there are great twists to the storyline.The book begins with a murder and ends with a murder, making it the darkest book in the series so far.The triwizard tournament is exciting and action packed.There is an introduction to lots of new interesting characters in this book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5